Holy Paladin mana

Paladin
I'm pretty sure it's because they're too dumb to understand Ret's rotation, and so must confine themselves to spamming Holy Shock off cd and Denounce otherwise.

It's like Cataclysm Arcane Mage but EVEN DUMBER.

Not all of us like to bash things with a sword. Could that be projection?? Hmm.
There is no complexity to doing damage as holy, you use whatever your level 90 talent is on cd, you use holy shock on cd, and you spam denounce.

True. But there isn't much complexity to Ret either. This game is very simplistic period, which is probably why so many people play it. This game (and most others as well) have been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. In other words - this game ceased being about complex game play a long long time ago. World PvE is horribly boring and easy, no matter what spec of Paladin you play.

I'll never understand why so many people seem to enjoy solo spamming mindless "dailies" over and over on MMORPGs - but apparantly they do. Hopefully one day an MMORPG will come around that puts the focus back on complex group-oriented gameplay.
Dailies don't take long as holy. Run in and grab a lot of mobs, then throw down LH and tab-target Denounce. Or instead of doing dailies solo... you could get a group to do dailies.

Edit: I saw some dope say you should use SoT for your seal. NO! Holy dps should always use SoI. Have you noticed the 10% casting speed it gives? That is quite nice for spamming denounce, which is all holy dps is.
Dailies don't take long as holy. Run in and grab a lot of mobs, then throw down LH and tab-target Denounce. Or instead of doing dailies solo... you could get a group to do dailies.

Edit: I saw some dope say you should use SoT for your seal. NO! Holy dps should always use SoI. Have you noticed the 10% casting speed it gives? That is quite nice for spamming denounce, which is all holy dps is.

I don't see any logic to hoarding lots of targets together then spamming denounce as Holy. Denounce is single target, so all getting lots of targets on you at once is going to do is make you have to heal more, slowing you down even more. Maybe for something like Prism I could see some benefit I guess.

Bottom line though is Holy has terrible gameplay right now in world PvE. It's just a spam fast with nothing interesting about it. Ret is better, though that's not saying much considering what I'm comparing it too.

And the only reason to bother grouping for dailies is to perhaps help kill some of the boredom. There's really not much incentive to group hardly anywhere on this game's world PvE, as 99.9% of it can be accomplished easy enough solo. That's the problem with MMORPGs today - they have totally neglected group-oriented play on the world itself. It's just a solo fest with "instances" designed to accomadate group play.

The reason this game succeeds where others do not is because it does such a good job at making these "instances" accessible. But in truth, the whole solo everywhere and group for instances is growing tiresome, and really hurts the entire MMO aspect of these types of games. A change needs to take place.

I don't see any logic to hoarding lots of targets together then spamming denounce as Holy. Denounce is single target, so all getting lots of targets on you at once is going to do is make you have to heal more, slowing you down even more. Maybe for something like Prism I could see some benefit I guess.

Bottom line though is Holy has terrible gameplay right now in world PvE. It's just a spam fast with nothing interesting about it. Ret is better, though that's not saying much considering what I'm comparing it too.

And the only reason to bother grouping for dailies is to perhaps help kill some of the boredom. There's really not much incentive to group hardly anywhere on this game's world PvE, as 99.9% of it can be accomplished easy enough solo. That's the problem with MMORPGs today - they have totally neglected group-oriented play on the world itself. It's just a solo fest with "instances" designed to accomadate group play.

The reason this game succeeds where others do not is because it does such a good job at making these "instances" accessible. But in truth, the whole solo everywhere and group for instances is growing tiresome, and really hurts the entire MMO aspect of these types of games. A change needs to take place.

1.You think grouping mobs up and aoeing is illogical? Do you even know what LH can do? 2.Tab-target denounce will do the job just fine.
3. Grouping for dailies will get them done faster.
4. I can see why you use LoLret for dailies. You cannot think for yourself it seems.
12/07/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Brotherdale
True. But there isn't much complexity to Ret either. This game is very simplistic period, which is probably why so many people play it. This game (and most others as well) have been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. In other words - this game ceased being about complex game play a long long time ago. World PvE is horribly boring and easy, no matter what spec of Paladin you play.

World PvE was never complex, especially for paladins.

The class was literally designed to be the one newbies would choose.