Dang kids get off my farm!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Weed-B-Gone, it's already in the game, bought item with charges, or another big purchase at exalted, either would be nice
Engineer made weed whacker to get rid of annoying weeds (both the little ones and the tentacle ones) and a dog that actually earns his keep by chasing away animal.
PLEASE give us a pantry or somewhere to store the mass of ingredients we need and use in cooking, there are so many and they take up too much room
We should have rain come by and make all of our plants grow twice as fast, and occasionally tornado's come through and wipe them all out. Risk and rewards!
I've said it before, I'll say it again, one of the things I'd like to see in the advancement of Sunsong Ranch and the Tillers is to help Farmer Yoon get hitched with one of the girls there. And not only that, let US, the players, decide who he hooks up with. In that way, each of our farms becomes more unique to ourselves!

And the questline to help him get hitched would vary based on who you're trying to help him hook up with. For example, if you're trying to get Sho to fall in love with Yoon, you'd help Yoon, to win points with Sho, get in touch with his inner assassin... with hilarious results. For Tina Mudclaw, you'd help Yoon try and become all high society and what have you, complete with top hat and monocle... with hilarious results. In fact, for all the choices, it'd essentially be funny as all hell as you try and help Yoon find love with whichever girl you want for him.

Plus, since Sunsong Ranch and the Tillers borrows HEAVILY from the Harvest Moon series, it seems like a crime to not have something like this available at some point. Please, make it happen!
How about having a random (obviously rare) spawn Giant Beanstalk appear in the garden. You climb up in (sort of like the mechanism where you climb those trees in Hyjal to save the bear cubs) and when you get to the top you fight a giant who drops a decent chunk of gold, perhaps a Golden Egg Laying Goose pet, and a trinket or some other item of utility.

I think such an element of possible surprise would do wonders for the outlook of farming. As it is, farming on a number of toons, those tentacle vines and other annoyances get to be ... well, annoying.

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

We've saved Azeroth countless times, been named Heroes on numerous occasions, yet no one seems to want us to have a home - We wander with a sack full of trophies or hide them in the bank. The Champions of this and the Heroes of that apparently cant afford/cant find a simple cottage/farm house to call our own.. You'd think the leader of the Horde/Alliance would grant us a small parcel of land to call our own for our efforts..... jus' sayin'... (yeah it eats me up a wee bit)
12/02/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Crepe
There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

Root cellar.

Please.

Root Cellar would be awesome! I am so tired of sending my veggies between toons in mail and have them sit there because I really don't have room anywhere for them. And have the Root Cellar if possible, shareable by my own toons. Of course, they can't access it til a certain phasing like most the farm is, but still.. would be nice.
In addition to the other suggestions such as food storage, being able to name to the dog, vermin and bird reduction (and giving them drops) I'd like to add that I would like the "friends" I can ask to "help" with the farm to actually DO something helpful. I keep Jogu because at least you don't expect more of him but to lay around in a pond drunk.
I've mentioned to my guild many a time that a hearthstone point and "rested Z's" (as found in cities and inns) really would make my farm the perfect bind point for me.

With the stove, mailbox, it's where i find myself heading to pause whenever i'm in pandaland (a safe place to /afk on a PvP server).

I know Blizzard have always steered clear of player housing, but the farm is the closest they've come to it and one of my favourite pieces of MoP content (the only rep I made a point to get exalted on my alt for the farm and it's homeliness)
12/02/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Crepe

Root cellar.

Please.

Root cellar = bank access

You've went through all this effort to give each and every one of us our own private sharded home, with a mail box, house, that changes according to actions performed in game...i've got 2 words; "guild hall". Wait, 2 more words; "trophy room". Ah, heck...1 more; "banners".
Why can't the scarecrow work on the birds?
Make the Master Plow dig up annoying vermin and little weeds.

Turn the Scarecrow into an on use item that drives away all birds for x amount of time, several minute cooldown.

Have Gina sell Weed-B-Gone at exalted. Make it a gold sink and I still won't care.

Allow my house to be a hearth. And give it a root cellar. Or two.

Add a little quest chain that ends with you having your own microbrewery and/or still. Allow players to brew funny brews with odd side effects, like the Brew of the Month club.
How about having a random (obviously rare) spawn Giant Beanstalk appear in the garden. You climb up in (sort of like the mechanism where you climb those trees in Hyjal to save the bear cubs) and when you get to the top you fight a giant who drops a decent chunk of gold, perhaps a Golden Egg Laying Goose pet, and a trinket or some other item of utility.

I think such an element of possible surprise would do wonders for the outlook of farming. As it is, farming on a number of toons, those tentacle vines and other annoyances get to be ... well, annoying.

Oh I like this!
Maybe you could fix up Stormwind. It is the capital of the alliance....or are your developers to busy creating steams turds in the animal pens of Kings Landing.
All of the vegetable types should have a pet, not just turnips.

Another vote for a root cellar, I'm tired of mailing things.

I also want my sweet dog to have a name, and my cat to be a little more interactive. Even if it's just "You pet Luna. Luna ignores you," or "Luna looks at you disdainfully and goes back to sleep."
/toilet papers OP's Trees and bushes.
12/03/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Brea
How about a fishing pond, where we can chum the waters and get a school of fish we want/need? Dunno if that current pool is deep enough. Pfft.

That was actually mentioned in our last meeting with the development team. While I can't make you any promises, I can tell you they geeked out a bit thinking about that one.
That was actually mentined in our last meeting with the development team. While I can't make you any promises, I can tell you they thought that was a pretty awesome idea.

EEEeeeeeeEEEEEwwwww...and fire flys hovering over it at night. Sounds very picturesque. /grabs shovel to start digging home made pond, and pre orders Koi fish for pond