Fishing, Y U NO LEVEL

Professions
Ok so I trained for 600 max fishing and im fishing in pandaria but not a single skillup in an hour. Am I doing something wrong?
Bump for fishies~
I am probably wrong on this, but I don't think fishing up trash gets you skill-ups. Try focusing on pools with guaranteed catches, or using a pole and lure.

Also, bumping threads can get you banned, and within an hour of posting is just impatient.
You need to catch a fish for a chance to get a skill up. Catching any of the "trash" (weeds, fishing line, bottles, sickly fish, etc) will not get you a skill up.

Apparently pools are guaranteed for even a fisher of Skill Level 1 now. (Holding my tongue on how babied ya'll are now!) So cast in pools, level up, then get back to casting wherever you want.
You could also do the Anglers dailies each day, since each one gives you +1 to fishing skill
Stormwind daily too :) oh...and +5 from darkmoon faire!
Really? I'm quite sure that i got skillups from catching junk in Cata. El's Anglin' also says that you can skill up from catching junk.
12/04/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Mordraxas
Really? I'm quite sure that i got skillups from catching junk in Cata. El's Anglin' also says that you can skill up from catching junk.

I thought it was this way too, did they change this and I not notice?