Roleplay question in regards to aging/ages

Earthen Ring
This might be a dumb question but I wanted to ask anyway. Ok so for example, according to wowwiki, the lifespan of a blood elf is about 350-400 years, and they reach adulthood at around 100. So would that translate into a very long childhood for the first 100 years? Or would they mature faster mentally and just not be physically an adult until 100? They certainly wouldn't be in 'school' for 100 years...

I'm working on creating a back story etc for my blood elf, who i wanted to be about 15 or 16 in 'human years', so wanted to iron out the details in regards to time lines. Thanks!!!
If the blood elven adulthood occurs at 100, and the human one occurs at 18 (assuming, of course, that they are following modern times and not, say, medieval), I personally would say that it would be safe to say that the age that you are looking for would be around the 70s-80s. I would, however, make sure to compare that age with everything that happened to the blood elves during the younger half of your childhood. Very devastating time for blood elves. Hope this helped a bit.
If you're going to transfer to an RP server, at least have the decency to not mock people for RP.
I like that Kolzi is a roleplayer, who is much further progressed than Rezi, a non roleplayer.

I miss you Kolenzo <3
12/04/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Rezi
and suit up is a premier raid guild i bet that RPer is 100% carrying them tho! duh! and i do like being compared to a top 20 world 25m guild lol

The irony in that statement, that's like you ragging on others who weren't a top 200 10man guild, I don't even have to try for material anymore.
I like that Kolzi is a roleplayer, who is much further progressed than Rezi, a non roleplayer.

I miss you Kolenzo <3
He also steered clear of the community
Thank you for the help!
The way I've always looked at it:
Elves reach physical maturity within 20 or so years of age, but they're not considered 'adults' within the community until they are much older.

So, a 140 year old elf should look physically identical to a, say, 40 year old elf.

Just my 2c.

p.s. Ignore the haters.
Elves reach physical maturity within 20 or so years of age, but they're not considered 'adults' within the community until they are much older.

So, a 140 year old elf should look physically identical to a, say, 40 year old elf.

Just my 2c.

I've heard this theory as well and seen it in practice. I'm unsure whether it is 100% accurate to Lore; however, canon Lore doesn't offer concrete limits, either. Many sources on age are grounded in the recently-debunked Warcraft RPG books:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Life_spans

That link above suggests that blood elves aren't mature until 60, but again, this was based on the RPGs.

Best of luck!

Just my 2c.

This was my understanding on Elves aswell (This character was an Elf.)
12/05/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Noctré
This character was an Elf

By the light....
You seem to have put on a few pounds there, buddy.
12/06/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Gijira
This character was an Elf

By the light....
You seem to have put on a few pounds there, buddy.

As a Pandaren would say: "Extra pounds? Ha-ha, wonderful!"

It's a wonder how they stay so wondrously pudgy, given their insistence of stairs, stairs everywhere. :P
Rule #1 of Pandaria, don't eat forbidden dumplings.

It was so delicious, though my significant other threatens to turn me into a fur coat for the winter months.

*looks around the thread* I think I'm safe.. for now.
You are never safe my darling. Now...get back to the kitchen and make some cookies or I will sharpen my knife again.

PS
Noctre <33333

PSS
Stupid forbidden dumplings.
The cure is twenty five of your human dollars, but I am enjoying the fluffy panda for now :3