Anyone else miss old DeathKnights?

Death Knight
Didn't glyph of death and decay do something really stupidly OP, like fear every every 2 seconds or something?
caused targets in it to be feared in horror for 2 seconds. had no dr as i recall and continued to happen as long as the target stood in it. was completely broken in both pvp and pve. i wiped quite a few major city raids with that glyph.

If you stacked a heap of Armor Penetration like Mighella said, blood was up there, it would not pass frost, but i can tell you it was pretty damn close.
blood required a ton of armor pen + shadowmourne before it came close to the other specs without shadowmourne

Then i must have been playing with really bad dk's, cause i was never That far behind.
i realize that DW tank frost was never effective...but it was fun to do never the less. it was different. more so than even a 2h tank was. i preferred using the dual wield frost tank spec for leveling, and for dungeoning. it just felt better to play to me. im not a fan of the 2h weapons and much preferred the DW style. even if it wasnt optimum
I miss being able to nonstop ravage whole zones with my Blood DPS spec. The ways all the skills meshed with the effects succeeded is actually making the character seem like a sending-limbs-flying tornado of gore and steel. The attacks hit hard, the self heals kept us standing, the counters and roots made it so our enemies couldn't escape their fate.

The the arena kiddies screeched their demands, and they were met.
I miss being able to nonstop ravage whole zones with my Blood DPS spec. The ways all the skills meshed with the effects succeeded is actually making the character seem like a sending-limbs-flying tornado of gore and steel. The attacks hit hard, the self heals kept us standing, the counters and roots made it so our enemies couldn't escape their fate.

The the arena kiddies screeched their demands, and they were met.

Wat
11/27/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Deathtaliix
Back when blood was dps and frost was tank? Blood Dps was so much fun.

Frost was never the tanking spec. ./sigh.. Frost presence was the tanking presence, but you could tank just as easily with the other two specs. lol.

DK's were originally ment to be able to tank, or dps in all three specs (which I seriously miss)

I personally used Unholy to tank in Wrath. I used Unholy for the spell mitigation talents, and additional threat from easy mass diseases, cheap, and frequent DND, and DG, gargoyals and ghouls for extera damage and bone shield.

Frost was never designated as the tanking spec.. Each spec had mitigation talents, and each spec had threat talents. It was just the fact that frost presence had the added armor and threat that made everyone just assume that frost was the tanking spec.. Little did they know; or did but didn't want to vier from anything because it might be too scary; that you could use any presence in any spec.

Please stop calling frost the tanking spec for Wrath DK's.. It wasn't.
DW tanking was never good and DW unholy was around for like 5 seconds.

And Blood DPS wasn't really all that fun. Unholy and Frost in their present state are much more interesting. Blood DPS was basically Oblit Oblit (later DS DS) HS HS DC DC with DRW thrown in when it was off cool down. Woohoo.

And those 5 seconds were amazing.

I second you, OP. I miss Blood DPS so much.
11/27/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Deathtaliix

Blood DPS WAS so much fun? What? I don't think you have been a blood tank at 90
11/27/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Kusari

I love when people make stupid nostalgic comments like this.

only time i recall frost being an op tank was during ulduar and when you were doing so it wasnt while dual wielding

ICC bby so much fun HBHBHBHBHBHBHBHB lol
12/04/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Kahna

Frost was never the tanking spec. ./sigh.. Frost presence was the tanking presence, but you could tank just as easily with the other two specs. lol.

DK's were originally ment to be able to tank, or dps in all three specs (which I seriously miss)

I personally used Unholy to tank in Wrath. I used Unholy for the spell mitigation talents, and additional threat from easy mass diseases, cheap, and frequent DND, and DG, gargoyals and ghouls for extera damage and bone shield.

Frost was never designated as the tanking spec.. Each spec had mitigation talents, and each spec had threat talents. It was just the fact that frost presence had the added armor and threat that made everyone just assume that frost was the tanking spec.. Little did they know; or did but didn't want to vier from anything because it might be too scary; that you could use any presence in any spec.

Please stop calling frost the tanking spec for Wrath DK's.. It wasn't.

I enjoyed my Frost Tanking spec Improved IBF Unbreakable armour and the 3% miss
and Last I looked most people were blood tanks back then in Frost pres :( I was one of the few on my server at least that enjoyed the HBHBHBHB win
11/30/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Demilovato
-That brief moment of the "new" Blood boil animation in Cata

Ahaha THIS. I almost got myself kicked from the guild spamming it in raids and lagging everyone else. Original desecration had bone arms sticking out of the ground too.

only time i recall frost being an op tank was during ulduar and when you were doing so it wasnt while dual wielding

aoe threat was a joke during icc hardly made frost tanks op except for excessive trash damage which nobody cares about

aoe threat was a joke during icc hardly made frost tanks op except for excessive trash damage which nobody cares about

hehe not the threat tht was a non issue in Icc any way you sliced it just the Big bad number the tank was putting up on all aoe packs fun while it lasted :(
....well its all that consoled me as my Blood DK main tank was psting me healing done blah blah every boss fight lol....
I enjoyed Frost tanking.

I enjoyed Unholy DPS when Scourge Strike was a rewarding button to press, and not just a spam button.

Blood just never suited me, personally.
2x army with DRW
Mark of blood, most people hated it or never took the talent, but looking at stuff now, it would be nice, lets put it right where........oh I dunno........conversion is?
That would fix the problem that is conversion, sub-par talent that drains resources changed to average talent with no resource costs, maybe a blood rune if needed.

also, because mark of blood was based off of getting hit, simple fix.

when in frost/unholy spec, every time you hit the target, you get 4% health back.
while in blood, same as wrath, hits on you by the target give 4% health.
same duration, 20 seconds is more than fine.
I enjoyed Frost tanking.

I enjoyed Unholy DPS when Scourge Strike was a rewarding button to press, and not just a spam button.

What's wrong with SS?
I enjoyed Frost tanking.

What's wrong with SS?

He's saying that it used to be a relatively big nuke button for Unholy to press, and in it's current state it's just spammed a bit more. If I remember correctly it originally took one Unholy rune and one Frost rune as opposed to today's one Unholy rune. With the abundance of Death runes that our Unholy spec runs, we just use it a ton comparatively.

What's wrong with SS?

He's saying that it used to be a relatively big nuke button for Unholy to press, and in it's current state it's just spammed a bit more. If I remember correctly it originally took one Unholy rune and one Frost rune as opposed to today's one Unholy rune. With the abundance of Death runes that our Unholy spec runs, we just use it a ton comparatively.

I just don't see what the problem is. I like it better now that we don't have to use crappy blood strike.
I enjoyed Frost tanking.

What's wrong with SS?

ss used to be a 2 rune strike that hit for pure shadow damage.

I just don't see what the problem is. I like it better now that we don't have to use crappy blood strike.

He was just commenting on how he liked it as a heavier hit. Also remember that our rotation was quite a bit slower then, so our abilities hit harder in return. Using it less often, and it taking two runes just made it a pretty big spell.

What's wrong with SS?

ss used to be a 2 rune strike that hit for pure shadow damage.

Come on bro, you think I dont know about SS? I'm wounded.