Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 22 Next
That really doesnt seem to fit.. 5.1 is a warzone.. and you expect to not fight.. thats silly
by saying remove pvp because it brings in negative people is like saying that removing pve would solve the whiner mentality it wouldnt theres Negative whiners on both sides.

I pve and pvp you can do both it won't end the world.
I'm also getting PvP flagged the instant the turrets in Domination Point target me. Anyone else also having this problem?
11/28/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Murkwood
Personally, I'm getting tired of PvE advocates labeling those of us that enjoy PvP as griefers or mouthbreathers.

Thats fine, as long as PVPers stop labling us PVErs as "Carebares" or "Pansies" and the like.

I have nothing against PVPers, but there are those on both sides that take things a little too seriously
11/28/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Appi
This game should be PvP in my opinion everywhere except capital cites.. it *IS* a World.. hence *WORLD* of Warcraft, and we do have opposing factions.. you have to deal with the opposition, it makes the game more realistic..

Many of us avoid PvP realms precisely because this primitive mentality that anyone that isn't "us" needs to be corpse camped repeatedly is considered a waste of energy and time.

Edit: To be clear, I've no issue with people who enjoy PvP between mutual participants. My response is aimed at the people who think PvE focused players are horrible people (or players) because we don't enjoy that playstyle.
There are many mmo's out there with pure pve content.
WoW was created during the biggest PVP boom to gaming industry, and popular players making videos and tournaments where winning 105k USD is a huge draw, not just wow but starcraft and league of legends, that's the era we are in now.

If PvE mattered it wouldn't be so easy like it is now. I think the game could a been completely different. But every time they do something good with pve, it get nerfed cause all the pver's whine about it and it gets boring and force leveling doesn't help. All my pvp buddies and guild mates love the challenge system but its no longer a challenge. So we redirect to pvp.

Had they not gotten rid of CC in dungeons and added 30 levels and instead adding more challenging dungeons and quests that weren't always kill 50 of mob_a and loot 30 of item_b.

A few of us loved Vanilla for that reason dungeons were actually hard, nothing remains hard for ever of course eventually you learn a fight but with the way fights are on mop like jade serpent temple where you can one random boss (second boss in the dungeon) had been implemented to more in the past. I think the game woulda been more exciting and fresh to a degree.

I PvE on a PVP server I come here cause I love to pvp and it's a lot more challenging. But even thats not perfect, they need to really work on that if they fix pvp, it'll change the game for the better.

If PvE mattered it wouldn't be so easy like it is now. I think the game could a been completely different. But every time they do something good with pve, it get nerfed cause all the pver's whine about it and it gets boring and force leveling doesn't help. All my pvp buddies and guild mates love the challenge system but its no longer a challenge. So we redirect to pvp.

See, I think people that purely PvE see it differently, because we see Blizz having to constantly nerf some cool PvE ability because the PvP crowd whines about some imbalance.

I remember the first time I quit this game. And it was because of the constant nerfs to PvE due to PvP, which I didnt participate in. It was like the game was having to be forced to be balanced on an entire aspect of gameplay that I didnt like, so I found another game.

I am back now. Not sure if the same problem will be my deciding factor in leaving again just yet, but it still seems like, all these years later, that Blizz can not balance the game for both PvE and PvP.

IDK. Just my 2 cents
11/28/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Gnowammy
Just pay attention to what you're attacking and don't carelessly aoe. If you're not willing to take those steps then you have no real right to complain.

You can be flagged by targeting and not attacking. Click on a pvp flagged hunter while mounted, They switch pets and that flags you without you ever leaving your mount.
Thats fine, as long as PVPers stop labling us PVErs as "Carebares" or "Pansies" and the like.

I have nothing against PVPers, but there are those on both sides that take things a little too seriously

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps, in the spirit of diplomacy, it would have been wise of me to note the many PvPers are guilty of the same thing.

hehe. In fact, i was just wondering if "carebear" was still used these days. I guess so ;)

It seems that we, in western culture (can't speak for elsewhere) tend to draw a line in the sand and declare those on the other side of it to be the enemy. At that point it quickly becomes a game of "louder". That's a game that nobody ever wins. There is always some jerkwad willing to take it to the next level.

FWIW, If you fell that someone has posted strictly for the purposes of trolling, it would be best to not empower that individual by responding. This isn't directed at anyone in particular. In fact, i would offer this advice to anyone regarless of the which "side" of a topic they fall.
11/28/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Douevenliftx
Pve is the easiest thing in the game. You can click your entire rotation and be successful. You do the same thing every single raid, you have someone leading you telling you what to do, and you kill bosses which are literally PROGRAMMED to die.

I'm guessing you're in a World First raiding guild then?

Since slaying them dragons is 'ezmode'
Encourages pvp. Not at all forced on pve realms. If you don't want to fight don't flag yourself. As far as I know their are no quests to kill players. The rewards don't require to kill players as far as I know too. You may get more commendations but IDK since I haven't tried killing someone their.
Pver vs pvper;

Thats why they whine about being flagged for pvp. It takes too much effort and brainpower for them

I had to reread the topic header after reading this. While I can appreciate the spirit of what you are trying to say, I cannot fathom how it would be helpful or even pertinent to the subject.

The topic is about "forced" pvp on pve realms, not which is easier or who is "better"
That's a debate that will never see an end.
11/28/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Shåyre
Encourages pvp. Not at all forced on pve realms. If you don't want to fight don't flag yourself.

Not the point of this thread, there were mechanics that were flagging people unintentionally. Some were fixed, some still remain.

Doesnt matter on a PVP server, fair game there; but a PVE server, a bit of an issue
11/28/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Douevenliftx

Um, no.

umm yeah, Shutup scrubs, go back to playing rp in vent and trying to hook up with them girlz in ur raid group.

You know, normally I don't mind the forum mature language filter, but right now, I regret it, because, seriously, only swear words do justice to how big a tool you are.