I would love to see a WW monk hit 2.2k

Monk
As it stands, right now monks are completly terrible in arena. Compared to other classes monk damage is nothing compared to them. Our consistant damage is nice but burst wise; its not there. Can't kill a competant healer (In 2v2 playing with a healer) no matter how much I outplay them because when i get them low I run out of chi, energy or another lock out. 1 heal and they're fine again because i lost all momentum needing to ramp up my damage again which makes it fustrating and someone like a frost DK can crit constant 100ks with necrotics and eat a healer. Also the 10% touch of death window is really small; without the glyph its almost impossible to use it because you expended the chi getting them 10%. I suggest making the window atleast 15% so we are atleast a viable support finisher class.

I want to know how some of my windwalker brothers are doing in arena. Leave some feedback in this thread about your point of view of ww monks in arena and what you would like to see change. Thanks <3
Reqy is 2.2k+

Innverse was on his way, Doublejab is 2.1k
and im pretty sure Dominozx could be at 2.2k atm if he just felt like doing it as wind walker.

and if you find yourself running out of Chi at opportune moments why don't you just get Chi Brew?

I fail to see how your not doing decent damage. The only change I would like is for paralysis to have no cool down unless your talented into Deadly Reach
I think they should replace the current touch of death 4-piece as it is. It's too narrow a margin to be all that practical. If they're at 10%, chances are you're about to take them out with or without TOD. However, I can't see Bliz increasing the margin to 15% unless they removed the glyph or changed it to an energy cost instead of chi, to put some kind of resource requirement on the move.
I would much rather our 4-piece provide some kind of burst provider, even if just a small one.
Like maybe, whenever we use RSK our next BK is taken off the global cooldown.
^ That was an unthought out example, but you catch my drift.
When mine hits 90 I got you covered
I think they should replace the current touch of death 4-piece as it is. It's too narrow a margin to be all that practical. If they're at 10%, chances are you're about to take them out with or without TOD. However, I can't see Bliz increasing the margin to 15% unless they removed the glyph or changed it to an energy cost instead of chi, to put some kind of resource requirement on the move.
I would much rather our 4-piece provide some kind of burst provider, even if just a small one.
Like maybe, whenever we use RSK our next BK is taken off the global cooldown.
^ That was an unthought out example, but you catch my drift.

Honestly I'd say the 4 piece should be something defensive. Bake our current into FoF.. and say.. gain a buff when stunned (similar to DKs with snares/roots) that if we lose more than a certain percentage of our health while stunned, our next Expel Harm heals for an amount equal to ~50% of the damage taken during the last ~7 seconds?

Damage remains the same, just an out-and-out PvP only survival boost that helps blunt the edge of our weakness to CCs.
ToD seems underwhelming since it's damn near impossible to land. Whenever someone is actually at 10% or lower it's from using a GCD to bring them down. Then they're almost ALWAYS healed above it and now you have to work on whittling them down again only to have the same conclusion if being stuck in GCDs.

We're also missing out on a reliable distance closer. Every other melee class has a non-skill shot ranged snare of some sort, and yet ours cost Chi and requires us to actually land it.

I'm more than willing to give the damage it puts out for it to hit and snare for 1 Chi.
New Transmog almost done!! ill get 2.2k soon just need to get my brother to play his shaman.
12/03/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Doublejab
New Transmog almost done!! ill get 2.2k soon just need to get my brother to play his shaman.

The biggest impedement to monks getting 2.2k. It's not even how bad we are, it's how hard it is to find people to play with us.

The biggest impedement to monks getting 2.2k. It's not even how bad we are, it's how hard it is to find people to play with us.

That has to do with there being very little point to playing with one. Monks are actually not bad, and our representation has to do with not having any established comps.

When people think.... TSG, KFC, Beastcleave, RMP, Shadowcleave, RLS ect...those comp types are established and have classes associated with them.

Monks do not have anything really cool or special going for them that would make someone think playing with them was worth it. They suffer from the same thing ferals did in WOTLK before predatory swiftness/instant cyclone was added.

We need something on that level. We need Paralyze to be improved. Once classes' see that we have good CC, and great lock down and control we will get into comps. Right now we just don't bring anything to the table.
12/04/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Innverse

Thats a Huge problem for us ww monks, monks dont really bring anything all that amazing to the table persuading ppl to play with us, it saddens me :(.
With a Resto shaman + FoTm DPS (mage lock warrior hunter ect.. something with burst) 2.2 looks feasable.
I'm still totally unwelcomed in RBG groups even though I perform healer lock-downs, call targets, call strats, call hard switches killing Warrior FCs before they even get out of Tunnel/Bridge.

Even when I top Damage/Kills and healing (For a DPS). I personally don't think getting to 2200 is hard in RBG as it is only equivalent to 1700-1750 3s skill level. The real headache as many have pointed out is getting filtered out where people say WW Monks are bad.

Thanks to those monks (beat a full Dreadful Monk with Azzinoth and 4 off-pieces stripped ; Monks who died without using Fortifying Brew/ Touch of Karma) its a wonder why some people who just can't play the other classes well opted to play this class and give us such horrible rep.
I'd be willing to get 2.2k, like mmr alone is above 2.4k, it's just that I prefer to play with specific people I know and have synergy with.
There we go, 2200.. I'll start streaming the next time we play.