Fire Mage 5.1 Stat Priority

Mage
I was stacking Crit prior to 5.1, but with the changes to Combustion I am think about stacking Mastery instead. Has anyone tired maxing Mastery after Hit cap yet?
No, just... no. If you had said stack mastery instead of haste, I might be a little more forgiving, but no.. just... no...
you're my hero..
Still crit, bigger/more crits = bigger ignites, even with lower mastery. Combust isn't the super beast it was in Cata, doesn't contribute to your dps THAT much.
Crit > Haste(to cap-3056) > Mastery > Haste
crit all the way
11/28/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Wolfjerky

Do you have any math supporting this considering how far behind Mastery post-cap was to Haste pre-patch? Or are you simply grasping at straws?
I like to keep a steady balance, enough haste to get that extra tick off of combustion and loads of crit too keep the pyros comin.
11/28/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Noomage

Do you have any math supporting this considering how far behind Mastery post-cap was to Haste pre-patch? Or are you simply grasping at straws?

I can answer this for you.

No, no he does not. He's got more straws in his hand than a store room at McDonalds.
Our stat-priority wasn't changed at all. The only thing I could see is Mastery getting a slight boost, but that isnt enough to change the placement of Mastery in the stat priority list.
Crit all day err day
I can answer this for you.

No, no he does not. He's got more straws in his hand than a store room at McDonalds.

I lawl'd at this soo hard.

As for stat priority.

Hit (to cap) > Crit > haste > mastery
Still the same as it was before.

Once we get to a point where haste plateaus are too far apart, then mastery will start to look good.
11/28/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Wolfjerky

This is the only place I have seen where someone mentioned haste cap, it was brutal to dps at the end of cata if you didn't get to a certain point on haste, does anyone know of a chart that lists the extra haste needed per ticks of each dot or point me to a dummy's guide to do the math myself to find out or is it not as crucial to get to certain haste caps anymore?
http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
01/08/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Omhiel

This is the only place I have seen where someone mentioned haste cap, it was brutal to dps at the end of cata if you didn't get to a certain point on haste, does anyone know of a chart that lists the extra haste needed per ticks of each dot or point me to a dummy's guide to do the math myself to find out or is it not as crucial to get to certain haste caps anymore?

It wasn't that brutal, it just meant an extra tick on Combustion, which was much stronger at the time.

Crit > Haste > Mastery, all day, every day.