Bots...bots everywhere...

Battlegrounds
Not sure if Blizzard has even bother looking at the 85-90 bgs at the moment but if they did they would come across strange things indeed. Entire teams of bots just running back and forth against each other. Now , whoever may be reading this , i know you're telling us to 'Report' them using the feature but my god...you could at least make it show results. Your GM service is lousy as well , i reported a bot via ticket and the GM basically went , "Use the report feature , closing ticket" *PLZ FILL OUT THE SURVEY*. So whatever it is you hire your security team , technical team , team of laughing monkeys or whatever to do, just make it stop...

Solidbuffalo.
The new gear upgrade system is the real problem here.

Thanks to another useless and completely unnecessary gear grind, lot's of people, the same people who stopped botting after getting their full honor set, are botting once more in order to get the new honor gear upgrades.

5.1 really seems like the beginning of the end for WoW...
Nice work advertising for Bossland.
If Blizzard know what it is , technically speaking they should know what to look for , i edited out the name so people don't get any ideas.
They are obviously aware of the situation. They'll likely deal with them en masse when they have them figured out technically.
I was hoping for some sort of resolution by 5.1 , but instead thanks to the upgrade system it's returned worse than ever in the higher bracket. The best way i can sum it up in words is..."Feels bad man..."
well at least they broke the oqueue addon, forcing you to rely on your bot teamates.
I dont even feel like playing bgs anymore. Its no fun with a team of bots
In EoTS the ENTIRE team will run back and forth between two bases. You can stand in the middle and none of them will attack you, meanwhile the other team wins 1600/0. This is a common occurance. Bots are hard to pick in other battlegrounds, but they really stand out like a sore thumb in EoTS. Makes you realise how many of them there really are. The other one is Isle of Conquest, where 30+ bots will sit at docks almost every game.
11/30/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Bultek
They are obviously aware of the situation. They'll likely deal with them en masse when they have them figured out technically.

If you believe this....I feel bad for you.

well at least they broke the oqueue addon, forcing you to carry your bot teamates.

fixed it for you :)
I was just in a BG SilverShard Mines to be exact. 7 out of the 10 players where bots. I'm pissed why do I have pay for this? Just so I can get ripped off by some bot. There is no mention of bots being taken care of. Which tells me Blizz don't care. Come January when my contract is up. If PvP is still the same, I'm gone. I paid for half the year with out even playing during cata. 15$ a month can get you some nice perks in other games also.
11/30/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Jugaa
If you believe this....I feel bad for you.

a.) That's a logical way of dealing with bots. If you have any experience you'd understand it to be true. Why alert the detection one of their methods, when you can detect most of them and make future botting much harder?
b.) That information is relayed through an incredibly reliable channel.
11/30/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Xpotiom
well at least they broke the oqueue addon, forcing you to rely on your bot teamates.

Wasn't oqueue broken due to the real id broadcasts pissing people off?
Short of going into a BG and reporting every single Bot on both sides instead of actually having fun in the BG, there isn't much you can do. I have seen plenty of people that are not botting jsut follow them around the whole game. Kind of like having a pocket healer, but instead you have like 5 healers and 3 dps always looking out for you.

Very disappointing in BG's atm, hopfully they can resolve it soon.
The bots have won. I still report because not reporting is giving up! But I doubt I'm resubscribing to World of Botcraft once my time runs out. They make more off bots than me anyway.
I really thought that Blizzard was good at getting on these bots, but these bots are improving too. I played two battle for gilneas where most of the alliance team, then the horde team would inexplicably group up on the flag in apparently predetermined paths, react when someone came near, then instantly regroup on the flag in the same group when the threat left. It was weird as hell. Is this just powerlevelers leveling through bgs?
These bots are running nearly 24/7, so if you do random BGs during peak hours it's not usually so bad because they can somewhat blend in. However if you're queueing late at night or early in the morning you can see how bad the problem with botting truly is when 1/3 to 3/4 of your team is usually bots.