Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
If you buy a brawlers guild invite on 1 server will you beable to go on a different server.For example is i buy it on Server A do i have to buy it on Server B also?
@Doomstar, why did you accept it then... not his fault you are stupid
I think blizzard is still working on how to make the que times more efficient and to give them more time they made the stupid invitation thing. It will get better with time for sure.
Good news is you are grinding Black Prince rep while killing the thousands of Horde NPCs to (maybe) get the invitation drop.
I'm gonna say this as somoen who got dumb luck with the rare I killed on my hunter dropping an invite. It's...not really that great. Why? Because currently the gear level, epseically for certain classes, is NOT where it needs to be to make higher levels betable.

I mean... The only rewards I've seen so far are:

a) A pet that can be bought, likely boxed, and resold on the AH
b) BoA fist weapons.

Oh, and the achevements. It's not like people are getting epic epic raid gear or PvP gear from this place.
Pardon my language but this is just bull!@#$. There are constant groups sitting at the npc spawn points waiting to farm them, just spamming AoE moves until it spawns. Then the BMAH is completely useless way for me to try and get an invite simply because all the auctions end before I can get home from work to even attempt to win it. Sure I could just put a huge bid on something in the morning. But unlike the basement dwellers that play all day, I don't have a spare 30-40k to blow all at once.
I fail to see how obtaining an invite to a solo pve based arena, should be associated with buying one off an AH or just grouping up and farming it all day.
I just hope they "rework" this idea, get rid of the "Fight Club" feel cause this should be available for EVERYONE...we all pay the same a month, and being discriminated out of it because lack of gold or lack of time to farm is kinda disappointing on our end. Instead of "Fight Club" make it a "Gladiator" feel and get rid of the CRZ, cause if more people could get access to the invitation ...then there would be no reason for CRZ. Lots more people would do it on their own realm, and besides, I thought this was about "bragging rights", its not really bragging rights if 90% of the people in the arena is from another realm.
12/03/2012 05:42 AMPosted by Kilrathi
I just hope they "rework" this idea, get rid of the "Fight Club" feel cause this should be available for EVERYONE...we all pay the same a month, and being discriminated out of it because lack of gold or lack of time to farm is kinda disappointing on our end. Instead of "Fight Club" make it a "Gladiator" feel and get rid of the CRZ, cause if more people could get access to the invitation ...then there would be no reason for CRZ. Lots more people would do it on their own realm, and besides, I thought this was about "bragging rights", its not really bragging rights if 90% of the people in the arena is from another realm.

On the other hand though, I had a really good time last night grouping up for buffs with some others for Kirin Tor server and cheering each other on while doing the fights. The same was true for those from Sentinels and Scryers that I hung out with when I was on my Steamwheedle cartel character the other night.
as it was stated before the brawlers guild is meant to be an underground thing that not many people can do, the invites are selling for like 5k now if you dont have that much you dont really deserve to be in the guild. Its not like the people who are in the guild get some amazing item that makes them 1 shot heroic bosses, you get a !@#$ty BoA weapon and a non combat pet, when invites are 500G on BMAH in a week or two you can come aswell.
5k really? On my server it shoots up to 30k+ in the last 5mins
maybe american servers are more expensive but on thaurissan which is high population the highest ever was 95k and the rest were under 70k, i see people selling invites for 20k atm, give it a week or two more and people will be doing for under 5k easily
Shadow council they're not going much over the 1K starting point now a days...
Blizzard really blew this for me in a couple of ways.

1. THE BRAWLERS GUILD SHOULD NOT BE CROSS REALM

2. 10 INVITATIONS PER DAY ON THE BLACK MARKET AUCTION HOUSE !?!? FOR WEEKS ?!?!

Issue #2 on its own isn't a dealbreaker, but when combined with issue #1, it just becomes untenable.

Blizzard (we thought) wanted the Brawlers Guild to feel like an exclusive club. Many players like myself were excited about this prospect, and camped the BMAH on the first day for that 'exclusive' right to be one of the first people through the door.

Then we walked in and not only were we met by hundreds of rowdy spectators waiting ungodly amounts of time for each of their battles, 90% of the people in the area were people we've never seen before because they're on other realms.

Those of us who have been around since day one can remember the days when you not only knew the names of other players from other guilds, but developed nemesis' and rivalries from the other faction as well.

The Brawlers Guild was an awesome chance to return some of this sense of community to WoW and Blizzard failed.
So what exactly prevents one person from exponentially inviting more and more people (chain-reaction) until the whole server is in it? Other than their ego.
When and if I ever get into Brawler's Guild, I'll be giving invites away to select friends and people I like for free. Possibly even to random people I meet on the street, so to speak, if I like them.

And in the meantime, I won't get bent out of shape if I am not in BG, whatever.

It's kinda neat how easy it is to circumvent greed and elitism by simply ignoring it.
11/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Akuto
Blizzard seriously should of made it easier to get into the Brawlers because you pay to play this game. Players have put a lot of money to play this game and to access things from the blizzard store but to put something into the game that only people with a lot of gold can only access and locks out the feature of some of the new boa's out to players who cant join the brawlers because they dont have the gold to buy the invatation. Should of done it some other way to access the Brawlers by Guild Vender with Achv or a set amount of gold that isnt something that is super high but not cheap either so many others can join.

I propose a random, very rare world drop on high level mobs, or something like that, instead of it dropping some a few specific NPCs. This is honestly how I thought it was going to work: extra rare world drops or something.

Tying it to specific, farmable, camp-able mobs was a very, very bad idea.

Seriously, Blizz, I hope you're listening... I know it's hard to hear constructive ideas and criticism over the yelling of the trolls and droning of the people who want everything for free and without effort ... but ... yeah ... Please fix. If the idea was to encourage people to make friends in-game, it's turned into something quite the opposite of your intent.

Everything else I have no problem with. I have no problem with not everyone having immediate,. automatic access to the Guild. I even have no problem with people charging ridiculous amounts of money for an invite -- if they fix the way it's currently farmed. I'll just never pay that for an invite nor will I ever charge anyone for an invite, if I get in. And not worry about it or complain if I never get in: it's not a big deal, don't you know?