Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
This.

Not to mention, this is a general whole lot of crying. People are assuming that other players are going to really go out of their way to cockblock others from the brawler's guild for a long period of time -- they're not. Especially with the removal of the Realm First achievement -- they're simply not.

and you are assuming that people wont just to be asshats you forget what game you are playing ,there are always people that will cockblock/hinder/grief/ otherwise make someone elses gameplay unenjoyable just for the sake of doing it.

and of course there are always elitist asshats who think just because they have better and can get it that you dont deserve it.

good idea for the Brawlers Guild bad implementation of it and the way invites go out.

Nobody will spend tens or even hundreds of thousands of their own gold just to be asshats.

If 10 new updates go out on the bmah every single day, how many days is somebody going to shell out 10k-100k+ gold continuously to prevent other players from playing? They profit literally nothing from doing that. Even by the time they reach a high enough rank to invite people, so much time would pass that, if they were blocking others from obtaining gold for that long, they couldn't possibly recup those losses by selling their invites.

I like to be an "elitist !@#$%^" as much as the next guy, but I'd get no joy in preventing others from accessing brawler's guild at the expense of my own gold supply. I could be an elitist -*!@#$ by buying mounts or other things with that gold supply, rather than basically deleting it to delay everybody for a week.

Everyone will get into the brawler's guild within a few weeks to a month I'm sure, so why are people so upset? Who cares if you aren't in the first wave of mega rich. You also probably weren't in the first wave of people to down heroic DS, or within the first wave of people to get legendary items, or within the first wave of people to get 2200 arena gear, etc etc. People who try harder and put more time in are going to get things first, and why don't they deserve it? Maybe you make more money in your job than they do, because you choose to put more effort into your job than they do. That's life.

Nobody is going to be held out of the brawler's guild for more than a few weeks. If such a situation arises that it's unexpectedly taking people MONTHS to get into the Brawler's Guild, I'm certain Blizzard would adapt and fix it. People need to relax.
11/27/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Anestor
I think the Invite is an actual, tradeable item.

The invite is a BoP item. You get one invite per character once you reach rank 7 (?) in the guild.
I'm excited.
I'm very glad you guys are keeping this as a difficult/rare thing to have. Thank you for not giving into the whining masses.
11/27/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Obzen
I think the Invite is an actual, tradeable item.

The invite is a BoP item. You get one invite per character once you reach rank 7 (?) in the guild.

He is talking about the 'sellable' invitation from people who reach whatever rank in the brawler's guild and wish to invite other players -- whether or not it will be possible to troll/scam people by claiming you have invitations to sell is up for debate. I doubt it will be competitive at all.

Also, it hasn't yet been announced how they plan to allow people to invite others (to my knowledge), but I'd assume that you can invite (x) people per (y) days, probably something like 3/week.
are the servers ever coming back up lol
11/27/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Nazzgul
and i see that they didnt change thier minds about how invitations went out,so i guess that only those who are gold capped or are lucky enough to win a roll from a random mob will be the ones who get to do this.

Can people please stop being such drama queens about this? You have no idea what the drop rate is, nor do you have any idea what the going rate for invitations will be. Well, you have ideas, but not good ones.

Calling it now: Before Christmas, it will get to the point where anyone trying to sell these for 10k will be laughed out of trade chat.
All you people complaining about us "gold cappers" probably don't realize that Blizzard wants to remove some of the inflation on some higher population realms. Which fighting over max bid on the invitations would help remove a vast majority of wealth from some realms.
Everyone complaining about the BMAH clearly doesn't understand how the economy in WoW works. Just putting that out there.
How do we invite people when we buy the Brawler's Guild invitation?

Is it like the guild charter where the recipient must be present and within target range?

Do we just write 10 names down with the item or talk to an NPC and the 10 recipients get a copy via mail?
Does this mean that they are a terrorist group focused on destroying the blacksmithing and clothing industries of azeroth?
11/27/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Duelizious
From the screenshots i seen, those AH prices were Bids only, no buyouts.

You do realize that gold is infinite on the PTR, right?
11/27/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Nethaera
With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]previously announced[/url], entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

Dropping the price in the AH would be nice. I don't have 120k gold just laying around.

wanna bet? i know someone right now that s gold capped on 10 toons and working on gold capping a second account....wanna try that again?
How long do you think he's going to be willing to keep that up? A few days? Weeks? Months? Do you really think he's going to want to blow his whole wad just to keep the entire realm out of the brawlers guild?

Wish him luck for me.

In all fairness, I know a player that spent over 600k just to prevent someone else from getting Invincible on the Black Market (he already had it).

It only takes one enormous jerk with a lot of money to ruin it for everyone. Probably won't be an issue for most folks, but I'm willing to bet at least one server will fall victim to this sort of thing.
Now that WoW is coming to an end, the designers only want to reward their most hardcore fan base that are gold capped, high guild numbers and mega raid players. Everyone else is meaningless to them even though it is our subscriptions that made 8 years of WoW possible. We are simply trolls to them and won't be missed.

If I get an invite which I most seriously doubt, I'll invite every Alliance soul I can find on my server for absolutely FREE.

wish you where horde