JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

UI and Macro
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next

How do you improve team cohesion and game play when you're down two players because of AFKers and Bots? They must be very responsive to your persuasive arguments that they can't/won't read.

^ exactly and to the guy that dont want to join or start a premade because he wants a challenge good for you thats your own choice but realize that you do have that choice so it is in no way unbalanced

You also have the choice to RBG .. The place pre-mades are meant for... It is unbalanced.. Pug BGs are supposed to be exactly that.. a pug, with a max of 5 people from the same party making it still a ... half pre-made..

To those that are quiting over something so stupid... Enjoy your coffee.. Rather play with / against bots in a pug bg than against a pre-made when I'm looking for a casual experience..

You guys remember what fun is right?.. Maybe throw on some tunes, zone out and go have fun killing stuff in BGs.

once again, I agree bots are a problem; However, pre-mades are not the solution.
i know ... let's have blizz remove the ability for players to queue up for dungeons or raids with their friends. force EVERYONE to queue up and get randomly selected players

imagine the outcry when 25-50% of the raid are afk or bots

especially when the bots rolled on loot and won.
11/28/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Dungflinger
I'm over the frustration of trying to direct the noobs in BG chat making myself look like a "tryhard" !@# simply because I'm farming honor or trying to have fun, and most of the team hasn't a clue.

I think the idea is that "casual" players do random BGs, while the more "hardcore" will do Rated. What Blizzard needs to realize, however, is that those aren't the only kinds of people who exist. There's such a huge variety of players in-between who want maybe a less casual, or semi-hardcore experience, and don't really have any option within the game mechanics. People who would like to play with a coordinated group, but without any stakes, people who'd like to simply feel like they have actual players on their team; I could go on and on about how much more there is than just casual and hardcore.
I'm still using oQueue for premades. I'm just doing it differently, and its a headache but STILL better than queuing up solo and hoping i don't get any bots.

EotS last night:

2 other group leaders i knew, Screamn, Zoolma. Both from my server, I call out 3 2 1.... I wait one second after that and queue. the delay on vent was just enough for them to queue at 1. oQueue still displayed the good queue, bad queue timers properly. Bad queue? people had to manually remove themself from queue. I lost 3 players due to there inability to follow directions and leave queue properly.

Managable but a headache. Please blizzard, You have a huge community of players that use this on a daily bases, we've created friends with one another and its re-ignited my love for the game.

Thanks for those BG runs, it was great. Was pulling hair out doing single queue's beforehand and the noobs....oh the noobs...oh and the afks. I don't get why people don't know how to report. It's like they don't care.
11/28/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Tinymasher
yet its 'fair' to force people to group with bots and afk'rs?

Don't forget BG trolls who intentionally don't do anything, and just look to harass people. Those are fun.
I will say this, i have never been in an oq that kicked someone cause their gear was bad, or they didn't do enough dmg. hell i don't think anyone was kicked for not doing their job and there have been several, so its not like anyone was exlucded or we went for hardcore farming. only people excluded were bots/afkers, and isn't that how it should be?
11/28/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Tinymasher
[quote="71989651149"]It is unfair.. Because people that want to have a casual experience can not...

yet its 'fair' to force people to group with bots and afk'rs?

hilariously broken logic[/quote

Ikr Tiny.. As for the other guy define fair? Because the other team may be more geared or more coordinated its unfair? Isnt that the whole purpose of Bg's is to make a strategy follow through and win... Just because my group has a plan doesnt mean yours cant counter it... And in fact this doesn't exploit anything you are allowed to join in 5 man groups which is exactly what this addon does but no where is their any rule that the 2x 5 man groups cant be in the same vent
11/28/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Glítch
You also have the choice to RBG .. The place pre-mades are meant for... It is unbalanced.. Pug BGs are supposed to be exactly that.. a pug, with a max of 5 people from the same party making it still a ... half pre-made..

We also have the choice to do standard BGs and get the gear together so we can do RBGs. And you cannot say we don't. Go away, premade PvP has been around longer than this game has and, more than likely, longer than you have.

^ exactly and to the guy that dont want to join or start a premade because he wants a challenge good for you thats your own choice but realize that you do have that choice so it is in no way unbalanced

To those that are quiting over something so stupid... Enjoy your coffee.. Rather play with / against bots in a pug bg than against a pre-made when I'm looking for a casual experience..

You guys remember what fun is right?.. Maybe throw on some tunes, zone out and go have fun killing stuff in BGs.

once again, I agree bots are a problem; However, pre-mades are not the solution.

TBH a lot of people just got used to doing premades and the community here is great. Everyone here is for the most part mature, there are no elitist jerks like in some pvp communities/guilds, and it's a great learning experience for RBGs.

On that note, if it were not for oQ, I would not have done any RBGs. I also would not have been able to run a pug RBG with as much success as I had yesterday either. Go troll elsewhere Glitch. It is not fun to constantly have to try and tell people to report the 3 afk on the boat and no one does it. Or spam bg chat to KILL THE EFC STOP FIGHTING MID.
11/28/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Passtime
I'm over the frustration of trying to direct the noobs in BG chat making myself look like a "tryhard" !@# simply because I'm farming honor or trying to have fun, and most of the team hasn't a clue.

I think the idea is that "casual" players do random BGs, while the more "hardcore" will do Rated. What Blizzard needs to realize, however, is that those aren't the only kinds of people who exist. There's such a huge variety of players in-between who want maybe a less casual, or semi-hardcore experience, and don't really have any option within the game mechanics. People who would like to play with a coordinated group, but without any stakes, people who'd like to simply feel like they have actual players on their team; I could go on and on about how much more there is than just casual and hardcore.

One of the few post on this forum with solid logic and I can understand 100%....

The only thing I will say on this is... You can play with a coordinated group, without any stakes by RBGing.. Rating is what you make it.. Should focus less on the "stakes" and more on the fun... But again, if your so hardcore and hate losing so much and want a solid team.. Why not RBG?

I just can not understand the concept of wanting to do nothing but pre-mades... The only thing I ever see.. is what a previous player just posted... They enjoy stomping people with little challenge... They enjoy winning 1600 to 123 in an EoTs.. But of course it is going to work out that way when your the pre-made going up against a pug...

This argument is like a dog chasing his tale.

ok so i have the choice to rbg right... so my friend is a new 90 with no gear but i want to play with him along with some other friends that arent to geared.. If i however have a high rating now we will go against fully geared teams and get stomped everytime simply because of gear which takes your whole unfair getting stomped everytime idea and reverses it on rbgs making it just as unfair for the new friends getting stomped and the good friends loseing all their rating they worked so hard for which basically comes down to you cant play with them
11/28/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Glítch
I just can not understand the concept of wanting to do nothing but pre-mades... The only thing I ever see.. is what a previous player just posted... They enjoy stomping people with little challenge... They enjoy winning 1600 to 123 in an EoTs.. But of course it is going to work out that way when your the pre-made going up against a pug...

It's human nature to enjoy winning. It is human nature to strive to find the best possible situation for yourself in all matters. A man that sleeps in a sleeping bag in the rain when he has a perfectly built, warm, and cozy house is what many call crazy.
11/28/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Targit
dont want to get trolled on my server sorry. oQ more

Well done sir. spoken like a true coward.

He doesn't want to be trolled because he's a botter. As I said, ignore the kid from Illidowns.

Why don't you run with us dude? It's open to anyone...not exclusive at all. Then decide for yourself where you have more fun and what's more challenging, following a strict strategy to win, or go wherever you want in hopes to sway a win with a random PUG. Then it really boils down to "what's more challenging to win?" vs "what's more challenging to your player skill?"

No one is carried.
The only thing I will say on this is... You can play with a coordinated group, without any stakes by RBGing.. Rating is what you make it.. Should focus less on the "stakes" and more on the fun... But again, if your so hardcore and hate losing so much and want a solid team.. Why not RBG?

RBGs are only 10man. many, many people find 10man bgs to be very boring.

I just can not understand the concept of wanting to do nothing but pre-mades...

that would be my opinion of farmville and pokemon.

strategy and coordinated effort is where the fun lies. seeing a plan come together while working in a group... loads of fun.

this is WARcraft ... more war ... less chores
11/28/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Tinymasher
this is WARcraft ... more war ... less chores

A hundred times, this.