JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

UI and Macro
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
11/28/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Prosthetíc
Yes every one can get the add on but like you said there is alot of people who dont like to be a part of such a huge amount of Gamers who rage about addons. So they would like some balance so they can enjoy the game as it was ment to be enjoyed. Not face rolling the other side with out much effort.

We are not a community of gamers who rage about addons. We are showing support for our community as we told each other in vent and via oQ to post on this thread to keep it a hot topic. We did get a response from Blizzard, so it worked.

And it does take effort to coordinate an oQ team, we often go up against other premades and sometimes other oQ teams. Saying "enjoy the game like it was meant to be enjoyed" makes your argument moot as our way is > putting up with bots and AFKers (which are unintentional).
Glitch Understands and I can tell you one thing I have been killed a few times by groups who are in oQ you can tell because of the score changes. Its not a fun match from our point of view even with out bots. If you guys really hate bot just report them I can say that you guys a full 15 premade in EoTs vs a pug group with bots on alliance side is not fair. Yes every one can get the add on but like you said there is alot of people who dont like to be a part of such a huge amount of Gamers who rage about addons. So they would like some balance so they can enjoy the game as it was ment to be enjoyed. Not face rolling the other side with out much effort.

There may be people that dont want to but that doesnt mean they cant if they want better quality... Just because you refuse to use an addon doesnt mean other people dont want to use it works that way with every addon you have no valid argument... You get out of it what you put into it.. If you want to take the time and organize and plan your approach you should get better results then if you just want to wing it and hope your team pulls their own weight.

Seems like its cry on forms about an addon craft. Go do wargames why dont u just understand that getting rewards for farming pugs/bots/5mans isnt balanced. Go farm your honor the way every one else does not just your community.

Nothing is stopping others from using oQ or forming premades. We are simply utilizing the "legal" tools available to us to coordinate more efficiently. That's like saying using vent/skype is unbalanced because it's not part of the game by default.That's silly of course, because it's already assumed that you will need to use some sort of verbal communication program to properly coordinate and communicate.

Not really any different...what's stopping you from using it? I only discovered this addon a couple weeks ago. I farmed all my honor single queuing. Now that I've found the oQ community I don't want to lose it.
11/28/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Dungflinger
Saying "enjoy the game like it was meant to be enjoyed" makes your argument moot as our way is > putting up with bots and AFKers (which are unintentional).

hmmm... "enjoy the game like it was meant to be enjoyed" ... does that mean bots and afk'rs are the intended way to play... while friends and communities are not??

that would be an interesting point to have blizz answer (not holding my breath)

on the upside ... this frees me up for my next project, as i'll have plenty of time available
No, it isn't. We still can't queue for BGs properly. The people doing it are counting down in Ventrilo.

Still wanting a reply.

on the upside ... this frees me up for my next project, as i'll have plenty of time available

FreedomOfPvPStyle v1.0?
hey there is a forum ignore, shweet. again this doesn't kill premades, this just screwing with an addon that has really enriched my play experience since coming back for pandera. its like lfg used to be before they removed that as well, with a more pvp tone yes, but still like lfg. as its looking i'm probably gone in the next two months. i can't join some pvp guild. i don't have some 2k rating because i refuse to pay for it so i run with what i got. since this is screwing with my one true love of pvp, well i got a wii u and a gamefly subscription is the same cost as wow.
And still no answer from the blues? Perhaps they are busy with other patch issues? Perhaps they are trying to hotfix a lot of things that did not work right. But a simple acknowledgement is all that has been requested. Hopefully there will be a blue post soon.
when did we get a blue post?
twitter reply said it was unintentional side effect to counter some bot issues, which I knew it was.
11/28/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Drakownis
when did we get a blue post?

GC implied on Twitter that queueing/leavequeue macros being broken may be an unintentional side effect of them trying to stop botters.

strategy and coordinated effort is where the fun lies. seeing a plan come together while working in a group... loads of fun.

Wouldn't you rather see that strategy, coordinated effort and you plan coming together against a team that could actually put up a fight?

Guessing not.. Oh well... I tried. People will continue to exploit the system any way they can. Yes, getting two groups together and counting down 321 and joining queue is exploiting the system. If it was meant to be, we would be able to do it without an addon... Many things addons have "enhanced" over the years have made it into the game...

Blizzard tried giving people the pre-made option too, it wasn't good enough for them. They still feel the need to exploit the system to make themselves feel good about winning..

I'd much rather lose to a close match than win 1600 to 123. Unless the playing field was even... Like in an RBG.. Then I'd probably enjoy the victory.

For the record, stomping another team that didn't have a chance in the first place is not a win, it is not a victory, it is a slaughter and it definetely does not make you good.

How can you really know if your strategy and coordination is good if you never take it to a team that stands a chance.

Many times in a pug, when getting paired with the right players, we can beat a pre-made no problem. So I guess I can understand why you all insist on doing it... Your just not good enough to fight a real team.. Its Ok.. I'm sure Blizz will come to save the day and fix your code so you can all go back to being bad again.

It honestly reminds me of those people that get their rocks off by going outside a major city, waiting for a duel to be almost over (You know when one of the players is at 1%) and kill them then run away; Or even the same people that hang around lowbie zones to one shot people.. Same concept you all are just to blind to see it...

Your just to good to be bad right? Its always the other players, the afkers, the bots.. the heals, this class that class.. Its not you right? .. Enjoy your game however you enjoy it, but I'm sure you know my opionion of people like you by now.
11/28/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Tinymasher
Saying "enjoy the game like it was meant to be enjoyed" makes your argument moot as our way is > putting up with bots and AFKers (which are unintentional).

hmmm... "enjoy the game like it was meant to be enjoyed" ... does that mean bots and afk'rs are the intended way to play... while friends and communities are not??

that would be an interesting point to have blizz answer (not holding my breath)

Exactly my point...I'll be sad to see the community diminish if we can't find a more permanent fix than the band-aid version of "Queue on 3 2 1, bad queue, leave queue....EVERYONE LEAVE Q!"

strategy and coordinated effort is where the fun lies. seeing a plan come together while working in a group... loads of fun.

Wouldn't you rather see that strategy, coordinated effort and you plan coming together against a team that could actually put up a fight?

Guessing not.. Oh well... I tried. People will continue to exploit the system any way they can. Yes, getting two groups together and counting down 321 and joining queue is exploiting the system. If it was meant to be, we would be able to do it without an addon... Many things addons have "enhanced" over the years have made it into the game...

Blizzard tried giving people the pre-made option too, it wasn't good enough for them. They still feel the need to exploit the system to make themselves feel good about winning..

I'd much rather lose to a close match than win 1600 to 123. Unless the playing field was even... Like in an RBG.. Then I'd probably enjoy the victory.

For the record, stomping another team that didn't have a chance in the first place is not a win, it is not a victory, it is a slaughter and it definetely does not make you good.

How can you really know if your strategy and coordination is good if you never take it to a team that stands a chance.

Many times in a pug, when getting paired with the right players, we can beat a pre-made no problem. So I guess I can understand why you all insist on doing it... Your just not good enough to fight a real team.. Its Ok.. I'm sure Blizz will come to save the day and fix your code so you can all go back to being bad again.

It honestly reminds me of those people that get their rocks off by going outside a major city, waiting for a duel to be almost over (You know when one of the players is at 1%) and kill them then run away; Or even the same people that hang around lowbie zones to one shot people.. Same concept you all are just to blind to see it...

Your just to good to be bad right? Its always the other players, the afkers, the bots.. the heals, this class that class.. Its not you right? .. Enjoy your game however you enjoy it, but I'm sure you know my opionion of people like you by now.

For many of us on dead servers, we have no chance of getting into an RBG. This addon made it possible. This addon wasn't just for premade BGs. 1/2 of the time it's for lower brackets and RBGs. If the community diminishes, the RBG aspect may die as well.

Premades have been around since Vanilla. Nothing is unfair about it. We just have to go through the hassle of coordinating to get a premade going. This addon simply makes it easier to do it. Not sure if you just got roflstomped by us and you're QQing or what...still can't understand why you just wouldn't want to try it before you knock it.
11/28/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Dungflinger
This addon simply makes it easier to do it. Not sure if you just got roflstomped by us and you're QQing or what...still can't understand why you just wouldn't want to try it before you knock it.

bot users, bot devs, and trolls... those are the ones that rage against something everyone can use to improve their gaming experience.

seriously, who campaigns for bots and afks in bgs if not one of those three
For many of us on dead servers, we have no chance of getting into an RBG. This addon made it possible. This addon wasn't just for premade BGs. 1/2 of the time it's for lower brackets and RBGs. If the community diminishes, the RBG aspect may die as well.

Premades have been around since Vanilla. Nothing is unfair about it. We just have to go through the hassle of coordinating to get a premade going. This addon simply makes it easier to do it. Not sure if you just got roflstomped by us and you're QQing or what...still can't understand why you just wouldn't want to try it before you knock it.

The addon over all was never in question, it seems awesome, I may look into it still for everything except doing pre-made BGs....

Premades have been around since Vanilla. It is unfair to casual players, the people I am defending, not even myself.. But blizzard also introduced RBGs to combat pre-mades, to give people an easier way to do pre-mades.. It just wan't good enough for people...

I can tell you are one of the few that are sincere... but understand there are 10 million subs... give or take.. Not everyone is like your little community.. Most do it for the ROFLSTOMPED aspect... I never QQ about losing.. its not that serious to me. I have done a pre-made in the past.. and it was very very one sided and not fun at all...

My prior guild would do pre-mades and I would tell them the exact same thing and ask them.. Why don't we just RBG? To put it simpy they were scared.. scared of that stupid rating that really doesn't mean anything except to really hardcore players or PvP guilds.

They were scared of losing as well... Once I finally got them to RBG we were doing well, could win 2 3 hell 5 games in a row, but the first loss and everyone goes into a tizzy.. Over what? Pick up your britches, learn from it and move on. Let the casuals keep their random bgs.. and me when I'm in the casual mood.

I will never understand pre-mades not matter how much logic you try to put behind it.

I will never understand twinks.

I will never understand why people get so upset and discouraged about losing. You should keep your confidence no matter what or your gameplay will suffer...

As far as people not enjoying 10 mans and would rather do 15 +.... That is something I would present to blizzard in a very nice way on the suggestion forum and get people to sign it as a petition...
11/28/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Glítch
Premades have been around since Vanilla. It is unfair to casual players, the people I am defending, not even myself.. But blizzard also introduced RBGs to combat pre-mades, to give people an easier way to do pre-mades.. It just wan't good enough for people...

Okay, that's wrong. RBGs were introduced to encourage greater than five man play. Proof is in the pudding now that you just want to ruffle feathers.
11/28/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Tinymasher
This addon simply makes it easier to do it. Not sure if you just got roflstomped by us and you're QQing or what...still can't understand why you just wouldn't want to try it before you knock it.

bot users, bot devs, and trolls... those are the ones that rage against something everyone can use to improve their gaming experience.

seriously, who campaigns for bots and afks in bgs if not one of those three

Tiny, You still do not understand. Your not improving the casuals gaming experience.. Your destroying it.. Millions of people will never read this forum. Millions of people will never know the addon exsist.. This addon is not improving everyones gaming experience it is destroying the casuals gaming experience while making you all feel good about yourselves..

No one is for bots and afkers... I agree, Blizzard needs to improve on this.. Apparently they are trying or the code would not have been broken as I've come to understand recently.. correct?

Sounds to me your more worried about being able to pre-mades again than about afkers and bots...
the premade is not limited to 5 players. one source is the official MoP strategy guide and it's backed up by several dozen QC people from blizzard. and again, the rated battleground is not the sole domain of the premade. this patch had an unintended effect and i'm sure it will be
properly addressed, sooner or later.

these premade naysayer's thinking that 'casual' players should be pigeon holed into a mindless derp fest and bot convention is mind boggling. i just can't make any sense of such thinking.

i'm a casual player as are, with varied degree, everybody else i premade with. we have a ton of
fun. premium zipper. floss. massivepeen. herbert. and more. we also enjoy the playing with
gusto, strategy, communication, and there's no gear requirements in the premades i'm in. most of us have no real expectations of high ratings. some of us rbg but it's also on the side
of being casual.

these premade addons bring community to the game. they also put the war back into
warcraft which, as you know, is a desired feature in MoP. these addons have been making
for much better battleground play and it's also a way to do to other things in-game, as said
earlier by another, like scenarios, etc.

as politely as i can say it, try not to be too dense in understanding what a premade is
and what these premade addons do for the game. just take a breath, sit back, and
consider the improved game play that's available for everybody with such addons.

it's okay if you're not socially inclined but being so doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Cheers.
Pleb.
11/28/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Glítch
Tiny, You still do not understand. Your not improving the casuals gaming experience.. Your destroying it.. Millions of people will never read this forum. Millions of people will never know the addon exsist.. This addon is not improving everyones gaming experience it is destroying the casuals gaming experience while making you all feel good about yourselves..

Incorrect, he places a message upon entry of the BG saying that we are an oQueue group and directs them to the website and normalization rules that were posted on WoW Insider. Every group. Not just one. Not just ten. Every group. He is doing everything in his power to improve the experience of the casual player. You sir want nothing more than to put libel to his name, and it's disgusting.