Windows 8 Install issue

Technical Support
My wife is looking to install World of Warcraft on her computer and to set up her own account. We activated her account and se has an active subscription as well as a digital version of the battle chest or whatever it's called that contains World of Warcraft, the Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Litch King. Her computer is a laptop that surpasses minimum system requirements but runs Windows 8.

After selecting 'download game client' the download ticks away to 100% complete but when she clicks on the program to run it and begin installing the game it asks if she wants Blizzard to have permission to make changes to which she answers 'yes' and then that's it. That is the last we hear from World of Warcraft. Nothing opens up, nothing else begins downloading, and nothing starts to install. Yes she has administrator privileges. Yes the internet connection is just fine. No, neither world of warcraft or blizzard show up in even the task manager. No, we are not tech nuts so please explain things plainly for us if you have any advice.

Thank you for taking the time to read our post.
Raynaard,

You are able to find your WoW install if you move your mouse to the left of the screen and wait for the window to slide open and click search. In search you should see wow client that you can click on to install/run.

If you still have problems go into control panel, internet options, advance settings, click on "restore advance settings" then hit apply, then click on reset and check the personal settings box too. This should reset your permissions for connection to the wow client.

An other step you can take is to go to your control panel, select "accounts", under "user accounts" go to her user account and click "change user account controls settings". From this point you can select the level of notification on this account or shut the notification window off. Now you said you are not super savey with tech. You many not want to do this option for it will no longer notify you of changes made to windows8 when you install programs or make changes.

Good Luck,
Sky
I need help on this when i try to install battle chest it just stays at 0 percent and i have windows 8 it is making me mad like on my windows 7 computer it worked wow but it broke then when i got windows 8 it wont let me install battle chest but it will let me install cataclysm and mist of pandaria. is it because like windows 8 isnt full upgraded yet or what can someone please reply to this thread
I have a different error Upgraded to windows 8 pro upgraded to MoP (All digital downloads). I get to the log in page, enter my details hit login and get error 114 unable to connect. Checked firewall, deleted cashes etc run as administrator, 2 clean installs but still same error. Bliz have yet to be of any help at all. Anyone had this issue or found a solution?
I got a new computer two weeks ago. It has widows 8. The wow install has taken this long just to get 40% downloaded. I have been able to play have had extreme lag especially in the battlegrounds. Yesterday was an update and ow I'm stuck on the updating blizzard launcher page. its been trying to update for 15 hrs. On the other hand my husband did a factory reset on an 8 year old dell running XP and the digital download took less than an hour and yesterdays update about 2 min. I need help with windows 8. I'm about to throw the computer out the window!
Binxx try this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

If you do decide to chuck it out the window - make sure no one is down below. That would be bad.
Have windows 8 and have come up against a few of these issues.

Try running the install 'as administrator'. Right click on the WoW install icon and just click 'run as administrator'. If the icon is on the desktop, it'll be in the grey dropdown menu that appears. If its on the metro interface then it'll be in the orange bar at the bottom of the screen.
01/23/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Syllvan
I have a different error Upgraded to windows 8 pro upgraded to MoP (All digital downloads). I get to the log in page, enter my details hit login and get error 114 unable to connect. Checked firewall, deleted cashes etc run as administrator, 2 clean installs but still same error. Bliz have yet to be of any help at all. Anyone had this issue or found a solution?

This?
http://blues.wowraider.net/blue/us2/7810521045/Error-114

I'd recommend starting another topic so we can keep the 2 discussions separate.
This is my exact problem. I have tried these listed possible solutions to no avail. Has this ever been solved/addressed?
man, im having the same issue right now, idk how to fix it, did you fix it? if you did can u tell me how?
I just bought a new Laptop and was hopeing i would not run into this issue. Guess i'll find out soon thanks for the posts of help : )
02/18/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Fenring
I just bought a new Laptop and was hopeing i would not run into this issue. Guess i'll find out soon thanks for the posts of help : )

Before installing WoW, apply all patches available on Windows Updates, restart, check updates again, install them, restart, and update your video card drivers. You should have no problems installing or playing WoW.
My husband and I have been working on installing WOW on Windows 8; much like the folks above we've had no luck even following some of the suggestions provided. I'm logged into BattleNet so no problem there. We've installed and uninstalled and installed again but we keep getting the same response. I click on Blizzard to open game and you can see it loading on the bar then it switches to a smaller screen saying 'checking for updates....' and although the little dots keep blinking like it's actually looking nothing happens. We've left it running over night with no response, and then again this afternoon after reinstalling again. My grandchildren can play my account on their pc's but I can't. That's a bummer.
Peekyboo

do you have another computer with a fully patched version of wow on it? If you do you can just copy the entire game folder to the other machine.