A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next
How does gold and trash farming have any relation to the person skill lvl in the ring. And yeah we all have plenty of time

Some people have the mentality that they deserve everything because someone else has it, that is the way the OP feels, and going by your response, the way you feel.

If the person wants the invite badly enough, they will find a way to farm for it, but im willing to bet that those that cry about gold, just arent good enough to solo the rares. People that arent good enough to kill the rares, are too lazy to learn to play. If said person is too lazy to learn to kill the rares, they have absolutely no use for the invite in the first place.

And youre posting on the WOW forums at noon on a tuesdya, im willing to bet you do have plenty of time.
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

If you wanted a tight knit underground feeling, you wouldn't have CRZ'd it.

This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

So, here's the issue as I see it (which, I may be wrong):

Players on questing: We can form a close knit group with players from our own server and help one another on the quests.
Blizzard's response: The world is dead. Here's a bunch of people from other servers to help populate it.
Players response: You may or may not be from my server. I'm too lazy to check, and I mostly see people from other servers anyways, so I'm going to assume you're not from my server. Good luck getting your quests done pal, cuz I'm not helping.

Players on raiding: This is awesome! You have to really work at achieving this and winning those epics!
Blizzard's response: Not many people are seeing all the content. Not only will we implement LFR, but we'll make it so that you can get epics like they're greens. That way, everyone's happy.
Players response: This sucks. Where's the prestige? You could always go back and see that content when you were either outgeared for it or simply a higher level.

Players on Brawler's Guild: So, you made it so you can get epics, see all the content, and have everyone on every realm. Why can't everyone be in the Brawler's guild if you're wanting people to see everything the game has to offer?
Blizzard's response: We're trying to give back a feeling of community and that close knit group that we took away from questing, exploring the world, and raiding.
Players response: D'OH!!!
Just wanted to say that last night I acquired a pass from a friend who just hit rank 7, and I'm really looking forward to progressing through these fights so I can invite another friend to take part in the madness.

BEST PART: I killed Bruce! (Then stopped because it was late and I had just spent the last hour or so cheering my friend through rank 6)
12/04/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Spunkymonkey
More QQ Pls........ really, sometimes the best things in life are not handed to you on a silver platter ......god forbid someone had to actually work for something....oh nooooo's

I dunno, I see that argument used a lot. But then I have to think, This is just a video game. It's not a new car, new house, a new wardrobe. It's a video game. Being lazy in a video game doesn't make you lazy in real life. Spending extra hours perfecting your skill in a video game doesn't mean you're suddenly a hard, dedicated worker in real life either. If I have to choose between digging 40 post holes and spending that time perfecting my skill at a video game, I'll hands down choose the video game. So, hmm which is actually being lazy ?

It's a tough pill to swallow to tell folks to pay the same $15 as everyone else, but create content for those people who get to play more.

Personally I'm indifferent. I see and understand both sides of the argument.
12/04/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Nobil

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

Players on questing: We can form a close knit group with players from our own server and help one another on the quests.
Blizzard's response: The world is dead. Here's a bunch of people from other servers to help populate it.
Players response: You may or may not be from my server. I'm too lazy to check, and I mostly see people from other servers anyways, so I'm going to assume you're not from my server. Good luck getting your quests done pal, cuz I'm not helping.

Players on raiding: This is awesome! You have to really work at achieving this and winning those epics!
Blizzard's response: Not many people are seeing all the content. Not only will we implement LFR, but we'll make it so that you can get epics like they're greens. That way, everyone's happy.
Players response: This sucks. Where's the prestige? You could always go back and see that content when you were either outgeared for it or simply a higher level.

Players on Brawler's Guild: So, you made it so you can get epics, see all the content, and have everyone on every realm. Why can't everyone be in the Brawler's guild if you're wanting people to see everything the game has to offer?
Blizzard's response: We're trying to give back a feeling of community and that close knit group that we took away from questing, exploring the world, and raiding.

I see it like wowcrendor

Comunity: Epics are soooo hard man like only the 1337 player have em and i cant see all the raids
Blizz: really? ok so were going to make getting loot easier ( in a !@#$ed up way but eh its blizz theyve made a great game but they have issues)
Comm: WTF MAN how come all the casuals have epics now? we want hard stuff
Blizz: k well buff raids make em harder
Comm: this is too hard man , what does blizzard think we have no life? and can just sit here playing? this is too hard!
12/04/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Daleus
More QQ Pls........ really, sometimes the best things in life are not handed to you on a silver platter ......god forbid someone had to actually work for something....oh nooooo's

I dunno, I see that argument used a lot. But then I have to think, This is just a video game. It's not a new car, new house, a new wardrobe. It's a video game. Being lazy in a video game doesn't make you lazy in real life. Spending extra hours perfecting your skill in a video game doesn't mean you're suddenly a hard, dedicated worker in real life either. If I have to choose between digging 40 post holes and spending that time perfecting my skill at a video game, I'll hands down choose the video game. So, hmm which is actually being lazy ?

It's a tough pill to swallow to tell folks to pay the same $15 as everyone else, but create content for those people who get to play more.

Personally I'm indifferent. I see and understand both sides of the argument.

i can actually assure u that its not even that bad in this game. give other games like Aion or rift a try and u can find out what camping bosses is all about. people do it by the legions, 100+ people, not even kidding

12/04/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Nobil

bolded for truth. only if blizz would wake up and see what a mistake they made with the whole server jumping bs. it has made questing/grinding a complete P I T A
Dear Blizzard,

If you guys want to put content behind gold, just sell gold on the official store, so those that can't amass huge amounts of it because of low play time or other reasons can have a shot at it.

Sorry but i don't like the idea behind Brawler's Guild ...designing content for everyone that only a few will see when it's live and the rest a year later is not quite smart.

Sincerely yours, the dailies-grinding shaman that misses his dungeons. :(
f you guys want to put content behind gold, just sell gold on the official store, so those that can't amass huge amounts of it because of low play time or other reasons can have a shot at it.Sorry but i don't like the idea behind Brawler's Guild ...designing content for everyone that only a few will see when it's live and the rest a year later is not quite smart.

What a great idea, then instead of having to grind for the invite, or being able to buy it for an acceptable price, lets make it so everyone willing to spend real money on the game can see all the content, because the prices on the BMAH will be so ridiculously inflated that those not willing to spend real money dont get to see the content even though we are now.

Do you now see how utterly stupid your idea is?

And again, all you people crying about "not having the time" are sitting in the WOW forums on a tuesday around noon.
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

High gold amounts =/= elitism. We just know how to play the auction house and farm.

Brawlers guild requires time and effort to get to level 7, which then we can only send out one invite. If he wants to charge 70k for it, all the power to him.
12/04/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Nightbladé
Brawlers guild requires time and effort to get to level 7, which then we can only send out one invite. If he wants to charge 70k for it, all the power to him.

Which is the fact that all the complainers dont seem to care about. They wont put in the "effort" to get the invite, they wont put any "effort" to get some gold. What exactly do you think is going to happen when they can't beat the 3rd boss?

"Blizz WTF, this is too hard, only people with 'fill in cry-baby complaint here' get to see higher levels, NERF NERF NERF"

i can actually assure u that its not even that bad in this game. give other games like Aion or rift a try and u can find out what camping bosses is all about. people do it by the legions, 100+ people, not even kidding

Technically I did try Rift, but lost interest by level 20. But outside of that.

I don't know if that is a very good argument. That's a little on the "Back in my day" Side. Just because Kids in West Virgina have to walk to school uphill in the snow both ways, doesn't mean the Kids in Wyoming who get to ride Horse and buggy have nothing to complain about

The Rainbow 6 franchise used to be aimed at the more Hardcore first person shooter crowd, while Counter-strike was a more action based game. I don't know that you can counter some of the CS complaints by saying "Yeah well in R6, it's 10 times harder"

So, I'm probably like most others, I don't really care how hard\easy\different other MMOs are. I'm not playing those and most likely for a reason. Granted, I do understand your point. Sometimes people have it really good (and lose perspective) and the complaints seem really shallow compared to others more pressing issues.

What exactly do you think is going to happen when they can't beat the 3rd boss?

"Blizz WTF, this is too hard, only people with 'fill in cry-baby complaint here' get to see higher levels, NERF NERF NERF"

If only 5% of the brawlers are getting past the 3rd boss, it will get NERF'd and it would not require a single person to say a word
12/04/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Trollie
Some people have the mentality that they deserve everything because someone else has it, that is the way the OP feels, and going by your response, the way you feel.

When i heard of brawlers guild i went down to check it out to find out i need an invite. I check the BMAH only with ridiculous prices for the invite. I go rare farming to find out their being camped and if u get tagged then they will try to wipe u . With such a community its not about learning to play its how to deal with aholes and u want me to deal with these aholes for a feature that is soloable and is only meant for perks r you freakin kidding me. You know what i dont blame the players here i blame the person came up with this idea of having a tightly bounded community through a soloable content
12/04/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Wariya
You know what i dont blame the players here i blame the person came up with this idea of having a tightly bounded community through a soloable content

Ahhh Come on, you can't blame Blizzard for trying to instill a sense of community back into the servers. I think it's a pretty tough row to hoe. They design things and then the Dbags come in and find ways to grief people with it. I don't know how much Blizzard can do to prevent the amount of douche baggery that is around now

The new Landfall dailies which are probably great for bring back that world PvP that so many PvP servers have been screaming for has mad life somewhat annoying at time on our little PvE server. You have the opposite faction flagging, then stealthed around you and try to get you to flagged, so they can then group hug you. So what might be great for some servers, becomes a griefer's heaven for other servers.

I think the days of community are pretty much gone from this and probably many games. Eventually, a new cycle might start in which trolling isn't consider the cool thing anymore, but that's probably 4-5 years away.
12/02/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Lysium
I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism

Bwahahah? The whole thing is a big elitist jerk sinkhole lol. It's DESIGNED to be exclusive. I am still trying to figure out why Blizz would ever dream of implementing something this obviously flawed, the whole time trying to deny the reality that we can all see ahead of time.

That and OMG, brawler's guild should obviously be a pvp thing. Duh?

Technically I did try Rift, but lost interest by level 20. But outside of that.

I don't know if that is a very good argument. That's a little on the "Back in my day" Side. Just because Kids in West Virgina have to walk to school uphill in the snow both ways, doesn't mean the Kids in Wyoming who get to ride Horse and buggy have nothing to complain about

The Rainbow 6 franchise used to be aimed at the more Hardcore first person shooter crowd, while Counter-strike was a more action based game. I don't know that you can counter some of the CS complaints by saying "Yeah well in R6, it's 10 times harder"

So, I'm probably like most others, I don't really care how hard\easy\different other MMOs are. I'm not playing those and most likely for a reason. Granted, I do understand your point. Sometimes people have it really good (and lose perspective) and the complaints seem really shallow compared to others more pressing issues.

actually, u did bring up another really good point. u made it to lvl 20, which is prolly the best lvl to start making currency in that game. this can go for a few other games too, where u cannot farm low end content at max level, period. which makes any lvl of content viable to make currency with. its not an agrument really, although u think it is. i stated a few facts that u seem to think are opinions.

u dont have to compete with guilds over loot, u dont have to worry about 50 million people camping mobs that drop items that u need. u r simply going on about a luxury item. a "brawlers pass" that nobody in all of WoW needs. a pass u can obtain by yourself, has some how made u delusional enough to make u bring up the camping of mobs for something nobody needs to clear this games content. people are selling those tickets for 50k+ gold, when jerry can always tell everyone he sold his for 150k, but in truth, his went for 3k gold on the black market ><
You people realize that more and more invites will be given out over time, right?

Just wait a while. You'll get your turn. It isn't like this is revolutionary bleeding-edge content.
Don't ruin this for the rest of us. If you haven't noticed, the Brawlers Guild is hard as hell to reach rank 7 in, and almost impossible to reach rank 8. Thats why the invites are worth so much. Stop complaining.
12/04/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Librily
Also, guys, really, just calm the hell down about the "gating." The entire thing is supposed to be a bit of a roleplaying thing. OMG, it's not immediately available? It's not instantly at your fingertips? Freaking A, you'd think none of you had had to wait a while for anything in your life.

This isn't real life - why on earth do you think the features that cause stress in real life should also be in a video game?

People play a video game for an enjoyable experience, any other goal would be stupid.

Furthermore, the most typical way of accessing content in a video game is simply choosing to be part of that content. I can see how in a team aspect in an MMO, a person holding back their team would be removed.

But a side mini-game that is meant to be done alone?

That should be available to anyone that wants it on DAY ONE.

WHY? BECAUSE THIS IS A VIDEO GAME!!!!

Stop trying to equate this game with real life - that's messed up!!!!

He isn't. It's just the mentality that carries over. This game used to be fun and CHALLENGING. Now, it isn't. For many of us, challenge = fun. For a lot of you pressing buttons mindlessly and winning with no challenge = fun.