Darius Crowley

Story Forum
I love this character and his looks visually are great to boot. I just played through the worgen story again since i got my brawlers fist weapons (which looks so so so so epic on a worgen rogue) and noticed that although darius is cool he isn't as cool as you find him to be from playing the horde quests.

If you haven't played them yet please go to silverpine forest as a horde player. After you do this will make you think he is epic too. So does anyone think we will ever see anymore of this completely epic guy?
Plus he would be a great leader with his supposed relation to Brother Crowley. He could convince his long lost brother to take the remaining scarlets and have them join into the worgen curse thus bolstering a new rank of worgen alliance members.

Might as well finish off our scarlet friends... i will miss them
12/03/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Dalorell
If you haven't played them yet please go to silverpine forest as a horde player. After you do this will make you think he is epic too.

On the contray, I liked Darius before, and now I don't because of Silverpine Forest. Darius scraficed the lives of his men on purpose, fought devastating battles that cost many worgen lives, and then made every Alliance death in Silverpine in vain by surrendering to save his daughter. What a 'epic' man.
12/03/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Ximothy
If you haven't played them yet please go to silverpine forest as a horde player. After you do this will make you think he is epic too.

On the contray, I liked Darius before, and now I don't because of Silverpine Forest. Darius scraficed the lives of his men on purpose, fought devastating battles that cost many worgen lives, and then made every Alliance death in Silverpine in vain by surrendering to save his daughter. What a 'epic' man.

Yeah, they kind of dropped the ball on him. A badass Alliance character that got positive reception in the beta was reduced to...well, a Horde story foil, mostly.

Well, One could also account that on character flaws (Which can be a very good thing.)

Now, I'm no expert on Crowley, I believe I know a thing or two.

I'm pretty sure he has had little military experience other than being a part of the Northgate rebellion and the GLF. That being said, it could be quite possible he would have very little in tactical know-how, considering he has only led a rag-tag group of Militiamen. Therefore, it would seem likely that he would be prone to mistakes that cost lives.

regarding his daughter, that seems to be a genuine character flaw, his unwillingness to lose his daughter and keep fighting.

To quote him, "We do what we must".

And his relationship with his daughter goes both ways. She became a hermit after he disappeared. She chose to stay alone for years because without her father she wanted little to do with anyone else. And this is in a country that was full of feral worgen.

I'm pretty sure he has had little military experience other than being a part of the Northgate rebellion and the GLF. That being said, it could be quite possible he would have very little in tactical know-how, considering he has only led a rag-tag group of Militiamen. Therefore, it would seem likely that he would be prone to mistakes that cost lives.

regarding his daughter, that seems to be a genuine character flaw, his unwillingness to lose his daughter and keep fighting.

This is a logical fallacy. The guy obviously even raised his daughter to be hardcore. She lead a small assault team to take down a Horde gunship, remember? She even had the captain of the ship terrified.

As for Darius himself, he snuck heavy artillery into Gilneas without Genn even knowing. He kept the Scythe of Elune hidden for years. You're first introduced to the guy as he fights off entire groups of feral worgen with you just so his men can tend one of their wounded. And of course, there was the event at the chapel, where he rode his horse through dozens upon dozens of ferals just so you could round them up and hit them with cannon fire. Which was then followed up by a one-sided show down at the church where he knew exactly what it meant when the Worgen stopped attacking.

The King of Gilneas himself had you go off and recruit him in the 1-5 area for a good reason. Darius knows what he's doing, and is very competent--as is his daughter. They just don't compare to Sylvanas. Because let's face it, if anyone in Gilneas is going to take her down, it's got to be Genn himself.
12/03/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Draile
e kept the Scythe of Elune hidden for years.

What? The comic was rather clear that the Scythe was just recovered. This is just before Genn Greymane is captured, so he hasn't been hiding it for years.

Also, the fall of the city was months before Duskhaven, not years.

This is a logical fallacy. The guy obviously even raised his daughter to be hardcore. She lead a small assault team to take down a Horde gunship, remember? She even had the captain of the ship terrified.

As for Darius himself, he snuck heavy artillery into Gilneas without Genn even knowing. He kept the Scythe of Elune hidden for years. You're first introduced to the guy as he fights off entire groups of feral worgen with you just so his men can tend one of their wounded. And of course, there was the event at the chapel, where he rode his horse through dozens upon dozens of ferals just so you could round them up and hit them with cannon fire. Which was then followed up by a one-sided show down at the church where he knew exactly what it meant when the Worgen stopped attacking.

The King of Gilneas himself had you go off and recruit him in the 1-5 area for a good reason. Darius knows what he's doing, and is very competent--as is his daughter. They just don't compare to Sylvanas. Because let's face it, if anyone in Gilneas is going to take her down, it's got to be Genn himself.

You can be the toughest SOB to grace Aman'thul's green Azeroth, but that doesn't account for strategic knowledge. The "greatest" tactical achievement that I can pin "solely" on his is the smuggling of heavy artillary, yet that's merely a test of how well he can smuggle things, not how great of a tactition he is.
It doesn't matter how much he cares for his men, if he doesn't have formal training on war-tactics, he's going to lose men.
He may be a good commander, but nothing he has done strikes me as the actions of someone who's a good strategist.
You know all the "bad" things about him are what i really like. I think the alliance needs a darius crowley that you get to know from the horde side. This guy is brutal, desperate, and willing to do any wrong to stave off the forsaken onslaught. The alliance has too many goody-two-shoes in it's leadership ranks and needs someone that does some pretty dark stuff to accomplish success.

The dude got tons of humans to willingly turn worgen so they didn't turn forsaken. How cruel and messed up. Yet who in the alliance would complain when darius literally pushed the forsaken out of a weak gilneas and is still holding down the fort.

We alliance need a dark ferocious hero.

I'd like to see what decision you'd make when you get caught in a sadistic choice between your only daughter and a piece of territory.

12/03/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Draile
Because let's face it, if anyone in Gilneas is going to take her down, it's got to be Genn himself.

Are you on to something that other people aren't?
You're kind of looking at the wrong person for *dark ferocious hero*. Darius seems balanced instead of *ferocious*. I don't think it's what we need at all. Darius Crowley should get screentime but...save him for the next Forsaken arc.

I'd like to see what decision you'd make when you get caught in a sadistic choice between your only daughter and a piece of territory.

Daughter.....despite Sylvanas not going in Gilneas anyways. *Giggles*
If you want dark ferocious hero, that's mostly Ivar Bloodfang.

Darius is more of a pragmatic type of hero.
If you want dark ferocious hero, that's mostly Ivar Bloodfang.

Darius is more of a pragmatic type of hero.

Who I think is....disgusting.
Who I think is.... a complete badass.

Fixed.
12/04/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Grimtale
Who I think is.... a complete badass.

Fixed.

Go to bed already.
He's an honest Worgen and actually acts like a Worgen.

What's more, he's not even that bad of a guy either. He helps Darius because even he sees the Forsaken as depraved scumbags.

I think him an Lorna should have a storyline.