Can't connect to the server.

Technical Support
I've been unable to play WoW today due to it not connecting to the server properly. It will log me in but just shows me the server list, and when I select a server it acts like it is connecting but never does, the 'connecting to server' box just goes away and no error is displayed or anything.

It's done this with all of the servers I've tried to connect with, ones I play as well as ones I do not.

;-; I can live a day without completing my dailies, but I'd like to be able to get on in time for my raids at least.
Amiaji

A lot of times after server maintenance or if you are just having a hard time connecting to the game it's a good idea to power cycle the connection. This will clear out the DNS cache and allow the connection to build new connection information.

Here's how to power cycle:

1. Turn off all computers on the network
2. Unplug the power from the modem and the router (if applicable)
3. Wait about 1-2 minutes
4. Plug in the modem first and wait for it to completely boot up
5. If there was a router, plug the power back in and wait for it to completely boot up
6. Turn on the computers and try the game out

If that doesn't work try flushing the DNS: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ip-release-renew-and-flush-dns

Let me know what happens.
Amiaji

Go into the World of Warcraft folder and delete the Cache folder. Then try again.
Amiaji

I had the character that you are posting with moved to see if that would help. Try to access that toon and let me know what happens.
Well it lets me past the server list now where I can see my characters. But on every character I try logging in on (even tried making a new one) the bar on the loading screen gets about an inch from the end then it pauses for a while then eventually backs out saying "Character not found".
I'm having the same problem...I just tried logging in and it took forever for my character to enter the world....then the bar froze for a long while and finally kicked me saying "character not found"....I tried lots of my other characters too but to no avail. I tried to log on with an alliance character on a different realm and I was able to. I then went back to my horde realm and everything seems to work now...maybe just a temporary glitch
Amiaji

I had your account reset. Try it again and let me know if that helped.
Hazzah! It let me in!
Amiaji

I'm glad to see that you are back in. Please feel free to post again if you have any other questions.

Thank you:D
Hello Blizzard and fellow Wow players. I've been experiencing problems like this and really need help. I start WoW launcher and click "play". When everything is loaded it brings me to the log in page where we must insert our username and password. After I insert my username and password a little blizzard window pops up (as usual) with the word "Connecting" and under it is a cancel button (which is red). Usually it loads quite fast and pops up another window saying "Success!". Than I may see my character list and go on playing. The only problem is that after the window that says "Connecting" comes up I am left staring at the starting page for hours. After about 15 minutes it loads. ALSO, my in-game play has been freezing up. I hit the character cap but I deleted a few. Could it possibly be a surplus of unneeded characters which cause the game to freeze for 5 min. than return and freeze again? Advice please!
I need to get in asap
so im having the same issue trying to get into the servers no matter what server i try it just says "logging into game server" and after a few min it goes away but im still at server list i have tried all the things about to see if they work and they havent ive even uninstalled and reinstalled wow to see if that would help and nothing
Hello. I have been unable to play for awhile do to no pc. Now I have the pc back and I go to open the main launcher screen and it says "unable to connect to server. Please check all connections". But yet it will show on the bottom left that it is trying to upload patches, then it stops and goes to the Install Warcraft screen. Even tho I had already installed it. I never get passed that first main screen so I can even log in. I even tried to go to start menu, wow folder, and repair. It then shows It can not connect to internet. Is there a port I got to open? I tried turning off all shields. I reset the modem and router. I tried connecting the pc straight to modem. Nothing works. Not sure what to do to the pc
Same here. I see a list of servers, but can't connect to any of them.
Why is it so difficult to apply a solution that helped one player to all accounts?
It's clear that there's a problem in the connection service used by Blizzard.
If they know how to solve, should know how to prevent it from happening again.
Im having this issue