Herb Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
11/29/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Razina
What is with you. WHY do you care how fast things spawn? Why do you care how long it takes to farm ore? The ONLY people who are care the gold farmers that you are getting paid off by

"Slow down!" is the tagline of this expansion.
grats, now the bots will have all the ore.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Welcome to world of botcraft everyone, because apparently players benefiting from gathering professions was somehow a bad thing.
Yes that is the point. They got into bed with the gold farmers for a cut. That is why the cost of the brawlers guild access and the nerf to everything. More money for them.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Welcome to world of botcraft everyone, because apparently players benefiting from gathering professions was somehow a bad thing.

Yay, now we get to spend ten times longer farming mats for 1/4th of the rewards. I can't believe why anyone would be upset!
11/29/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Flanzet
Ya this should have been in the patch notes. Also I dislike this change alot. Its way too low.

On my realm Ghost Iron went for 20g, now it's 70g, me gusta.
Getting a bit tinfoil hate in here. I seriously doubt blizzard would work with botters and gold sellers or make this change to help them. I feel they made this change more as a time sink which really stinks because we have enough time sinks already.

I really liked just going over to the bog for 5 minutes getting a few herbs and making my glyph for the day. That is now turned into an hour long ordeal.

=/
Punish legit players because blizzard is too lazy on the bot-war front.

Thanks for creating more work for farmers. I seriously doubt your "magical hidden data" of the game showed "undervalue" in any gathering materials. Interpretation of such data should be handled by more competent people from now on.
Slipped through the cracks.

This isn't a crack. Mario couldn't make this jump even if he ditches Yoshi.

Off-topic, but I just want you to know that I enjoyed your repartee. xD
What is with you. WHY do you care how fast things spawn? Why do you care how long it takes to farm ore? The ONLY people who are care the gold farmers that you are getting paid off by

Try having a gathering prof. You are so wrong, I'm not sure who taught you to think. Oh. No one. So sorry for you.
11/29/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Daxxarri
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

Perhaps as the man responsible for compiling the patch notes you can explain what happened here? At this point we should just assume to expect 2-5 additional nerfs with each patch as there is a habit of "oops, we forgot!" happening recently.

Thanks for creating more work for farmers. I seriously doubt your "magical hidden data" of the game showed "undervalue" in any gathering materials. Interpretation of such data should be handled by more competent people from now on.

The funny thing is lower prices on the Ah corrects itself.

If a herb or ore gets too low less people farm so values rise until it hits a point where it is worth it to farm and back again.

This just artificially inflates the value of herbs by reducing supply.

In the end it will still go down in value over time as bots/gold sellers ramp up production to make more gold while players also do the same until of course supply once again exceeds demand and prices will drop again.

BWR is med, so is Silver Hand.

I'm on SH and I'm not really seeing this. GI ore looks about the same though I see more titanium nodes but that could be just luck.

Snow Lilly was nerfed. 50% is about right; I was getting 30 stack an hour and now I'm getting about 15. I can't speak for other herbs because I don't farm them usually. Yes, Fools Cap gives me better gold but I am sooo addicted to the music in the Summit.

My biggest concern is what this is going to do to the price of DMC. Because honestly I was selling decks for less than I was during Cata. If the prices go back up I'm not going to be a happy camper with all the profits I lost out on.
*sigh*

I knew I should have leveled my miner and herbalist first.
What is with you. WHAT is with your assumption that the only people who farm herbs and ore are gold farmers and that if we are farming that we must be getting paid for it? WHY do you think that going back to the great Twilight Jasmine hide and go seek node fun times only effected gold farmers?
When there is no supply...demand goes up...business 101. Your resolution to the botter issue has only hurt the legitimate players. Makes no sense whatsoever. Way to shaft the people that keep your lights on.
11/29/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Aeolyn
Why do we even have patch notes anymore?

Pretty much this. Wow.
Why?

there's honestly not enough herbs on the auctionhouse now for me to mill on my inscriptionists,

the herbs on the auction house are almost barren, common blizz.