Don't Daily December

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 45 Next
i dont do dailies anyway. im a pvper
11/29/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Pawnzerkin
Only daily i hated was netherwing

Dear lord, yes. What was the one where you had to kill X number of one type of flayer and Y number of another type of flayer ... but of the second type there were only like two or three spawning at a time? Of course, I was doing this at the height of TBC, so there'd be like fifty toons down in the mines at a time, all camping for those couple of flayers.

That was pretty terrible.
11/30/2012 03:53 AMPosted by Shockinyall
For all of you that don't like dailies, try doing what I did. I have 2 90s and 5 85s, all Horde, I'm not doing dailies on all of them. I dont do dailies on one of them. Im not maxing out any more Horde toon, so I started a new toon on a PVP server and Alliance. Changes it up, new continent (without having to buy a new xpac, I mean the Ally side of things), new quests, and for those of you on RP servers like I was, more fun. You dont HAVE to do dailies, if you want to be the "best of the best", geared blah, blah, blah, dont, you're not the best, you wont be the best. The best dont complain about it, they DO it. What is so different from running the same raid over and over week after week for a possible drop, yes POSSIBLE (for those of you hard of seeing), than dailies where the drop is guaranteed?

I already have two 90s on two different servers. Why exactly would I want to go through the hell of leveling another, given that I don't have a third guaranteed raid slot? So I can do more of the dailies I'm not doing?

There's nothing to do with an alt at max level if you don't like mindnumbingly easy grindfests. There is no moderately-challenging, accessible content.
No. I will do dailies in dec. i wont do it every day. i will do them when i feel like doing them.
i dont do the daily i will farm for the rep on one toon an that it just to get the mounts/achiv
11/29/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thanks for letting me know the intricacies of how we operate over here at Blizzard.

I love you Zarhym.
I stopped doing rep dailies in November. Do I win a prize?? :D

I'll just do the ones I like and skip the ones I don't like and/or the ones I find annoying.

There are new dailies out since the patch? Was that the new quest we got? I thought it was something to do with the PvP stuff so I haven't looked yet.

Pet Battles are a heck of a lot more fun than rep dailies.

Probably should do LFR though :P
IDK I kind of hate that the end game is dailies -_-

I hate when I accidentally cut myself with a knife while doing dishes.. well guess what? I try to NOT do that!

Why do miserable people always want people to hop on their hate wagon? Knock it off and go do things you enjoy! =P
This challenge is very easy for me. The wife and I have already cancelled our accounts, hers is already over, mine is over in two weeks. Haven't logged on in four or five days at this point. My philosophy of fun and Blizz's philosophy of fun have gone two entirely different directions and I am just not enjoying the game anymore. So abstaining from dailies will be quite easy, as a matter of fact I am going to up the ante and abstain from doing them in January too.

for the record... no you cannot haz my stuffz, as I usually end up coming back after several months anyway (although I am hoping not to this time as i have found many other things much more enjoyable this time around), and I hope blizz can get back to making some interesting stuff to actually make me want to log in again. (kind of miss the old days here... yeah I am one of those people Vanilla and TBC were my favs)

Anyway, goood luck to those sticking around and doing dailies or not doing them!!1!1!!!
Challenge accepted
11/30/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
Only daily i hated was netherwing

Dear lord, yes. What was the one where you had to kill X number of one type of flayer and Y number of another type of flayer ... but of the second type there were only like two or three spawning at a time? Of course, I was doing this at the height of TBC, so there'd be like fifty toons down in the mines at a time, all camping for those couple of flayers.

That was pretty terrible.

Says you.

Netherwing mines were my favorite place. It was there I perfected my farm-everything skills, that still serve me to this day. Remember your roots, farming spec, remember your roots.

11/30/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Trayla
Thanks for letting me know the intricacies of how we operate over here at Blizzard.

I love you Zarhym.

Call it the inner warlock; but it brings a little warmth to my black heart every time Zar or Dax posts.
11/30/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Musashi
Trying to do repetitive content while in competition with 20212987123 other people

I would just like to pause here and compliment Blizzard marketing for getting more people to play the game then live on the planet.
Funny.

Because I enjoy doing dailies, some folks insist that I must be suffering from actual mental disabilities.

Because I don't enjoy running raids repeatedly, every week, some folks insist I'm a worthless casual player that doesn't deserve content or rewards.

Dailies, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arena...people run all of this content repeatedly. Why are only dailies singled out? It's like people let their own preferences color their view of content in absolutes. Yeah, I know, hardly a shocking revelation.
Trying to do repetitive content while in competition with 20212987123 other people

I would just like to pause here and compliment Blizzard marketing for getting more people to play the game then live on the planet.

Add a toast from me for making quest bosses / big-bads give credit to anyone who damages them. And not the old, '40 people need to kill one mob, on a 15 minute re-spawn timer, only the first person to hit it gets credit, by the way dots don't give you the tag' era...

Oh wow there is still some bitterness in there. My bad.
11/30/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Morrigahn
The factions had (have) dailies as well and the gear is not gated behind VP. It was available immediately upon achieving the reputation.

Which I capped in two days (per faction) by running HoO on normal mode with a Tabard (It was ~2000 rep/full run for what it's worth). I'm pretty sure the intent was for us not to be able to cap Rep for factions in a week and buy the gear. It would have been even faster had I not been solo queuing as DPS.

Netherwing mines were my favorite place. It was there I perfected my farm-everything skills, that still serve me to this day. Remember your roots, farming spec, remember your roots.

I do, I do, though you have to swap Elemental Plateau for Netherwing mines

by the way dots don't give you the tag' era...

This is why I pulled with Shadowburn.
OP, I can't. I'm sorry but I want to hit exalted with Operation: Shieldwall. I'll do dailies because some of them are fun and give me money in exchange.