You have in game music turned OFF!?!?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
11/30/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Morrowen
After all these years, I still play with the game music on. The few times I played with it off it just didn't feel right.

That's how it is for me, and when I'm on Skype I can't focus on the game because I can't hear my spells & whatnot. I do most boss-fights by ear... lol. So it's nice when my boyfriend plays & he has Skype on HIS computer, because he doesn't mind no sound.
11/30/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Eranos
You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!

You can't fully enjoy this game unless you have the music turned ON!

judge
verb [ with obj. ]
form an opinion or conclusion about

You have judged that these people who, by the way you don't know, never will know, probably won't ever meet, can't fully enjoy the game they play unless they play it your way. It is impossible for you to concede that people might just get the full experience if they maybe have Sound on, but play music from a different game (it might fit better to them). Or can manage to make their own sounds and feel just as immersed as you. I'm really amazed you're so stubborn on this point.

"You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!!" - is not Judging people, is not putting people down.

"You can't fully enjoy this game unless you have the music turned ON! - is not judging people, is not putting people down.

I don't know why you would think saying such things is horrible, and telling me I should feel bad for doing so. I already explained multiple times and have given multiple examples to back up my point.

those quotes above are simple opinions, and not ment to be anything else. I've even slated several examples that could even prove them to be fact if you look at it from a certain point of view.

Please stop trolling my thread.
i play music in alliance/blood elf/panda areas only. I hate most of the horde area music.

thus i run my spotify/media player most of the time.
I generally have my game music on, unless I'm healing in a BG or LFR/dungeon because then I want some energetic music to keep me going!

I also turn it off when I've been farming the same instance for a mount. I need all the help that I can get at that point. =P
I love WoW music. I don't always have it on, but in instances it's a MUST. When the queue pops, other music goes off, WoW music goes on. It makes it much better to me. Bronjahm springs to mind as being a particularly awesome reason for having it on.
This game really does have some fantastic music in it. I can't imagine turning it off.
11/30/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Reibo
I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people, but for those people that have played Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation way back then, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's like that moment where you finally reached Sephiroth

This is the part that stood out to me in your post. I'm actually considering playing the game but I'm not sure whether or not I will enjoy it. I've watched Advent Children (the normal as well as the extended version) and all of the Crisis Core cutscenes and boy am I in love with the story and many of the characters.

How is the game like? Is it easy? Difficult? Will I get to see more of the story line in depth with the actual game or do the cutscenes pretty much capture it all?

11/30/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Reibo
then all of a sudden this super awesome music kicks in

*chants: "Noli, manare, manare, in memoria, SEPHIROTH!"* ^.^
11/30/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Reibo
I've even slated several examples that could even prove them to be fact if you look at it from a certain point of view.

You're a fool. Fact? I will leave, because I'm done arguing with a wall. Absolutely moronic to think you play the only way to have absolute immersion.

Both were judgements too. You telling someone they aren't playing right because it's different from you is a judgement.
This reminds me of when I played Everquest. I would replace the default sound file for the battle music with an MP3 track of my choosing(specifically, Wait and Bleed by Slipknot). I had to replace it every time, because their launcher would 'patch' the file up to date again every time I got ready to play the game.

I haven't encountered a similar situation in WoW yet, and I've been playing since Sept. 2005.
No music will ever compare to Grizzly Hills. Ever.
"You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!!" - is not Judging people, is not putting people down.

You're judging their experience. You're telling them they are wrong about their own experience.

"You can't fully enjoy this game unless you have the music turned ON! - is not judging people, is not putting people down.

Yes it is, how can you even say it isn't? You specifically said you cannot full enjoy the game if the music is off.....as in....judging their experience, telling them they are not actually enjoying the game when they are. Your continued explanations as to HOW they are wrong, HOW they are 'not fully enjoying the game', are talking down to them.

I already explained multiple times and have given multiple examples to back up my point.

You have given nonsense examples to prove your point right and prove everyone who disagrees with your point wrong.

How can you not understand why these people are saying what they are saying? You are clearly judging their experience for them and telling them they are wrong about it as though they are too stupid to understand that they haven't actually been enjoying the game this whole time.
I loop the music and love to hear that others are making the choice to keep it on while playing. I know the composers love to hear that too. They work very hard to make it as epic as possible while still integrating it as seamlessly as possible into the environments.

BTW, if you missed it on the front page, The Instance did an interview with Russell Brower about the Mists of Pandaria music and more. You can listen to it here.
11/30/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Eveyana
I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people, but for those people that have played Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation way back then, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's like that moment where you finally reached Sephiroth

This is the part that stood out to me in your post. I'm actually considering playing the game but I'm not sure whether or not I will enjoy it. I've watched Advent Children (the normal as well as the extended version) and all of the Crisis Core cutscenes and boy am I in love with the story and many of the characters.

How is the game like? Is it easy? Difficult? Will I get to see more of the story line in depth with the actual game or do the cutscenes pretty much capture it all?

then all of a sudden this super awesome music kicks in

*chants: "Nole, manare, manare, in memoria, SEPHIROTH!"* ^.^

The graphics were like "omg cool" graphics when rpg's came out on the playstation, the game it's self is easy, I would say just make sure you level up and don't skip out on battles.

Last boss was hard at lvl 70, comfortable would be 80+, kicking his royal !@# would be lvl 99 with each member having 4x Cut materia's.
11/30/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Nethaera
They work very hard to make it as epic as possible

Which is exactly why I own the soundtracks and listen to the music when I'm not in game ;)
The graphics were like "omg cool" graphics when rpg's came out on the playstation, the game it's self is easy, I would say just make sure you level up and don't skip out on battles.

Last boss was hard at lvl 70, comfortable would be 80+, kicking his royal !@# would be lvl 99 with each member having 4x Cut materia's.

Noted! Thank you! ^.^

Although, are you talking about the game with the graphics that look a little bit like lego (or rather the very old graphics) or are they fairly new and decent? Are they similar to the Crisis Core graphics?
OK, I know I'm probably going to get trolled for this, but I have to vent.

I was in a party earlier with two very nice people, waiting for the rares to spawn in the alliance base in the new quest hubs. I randomly said, "who here thinks the music in the horde area is bad azz?". To which the DK replied, "I don't have music turned on". She explained she listens to Pandora or other music. This is fine! It's that person's choice to do that and there is nothing wrong with it, but come ON people! You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!

I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people, but for those people that have played Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation way back then, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's like that moment where you finally reached Sephiroth and you want to kick his !@#, then all of a sudden this super awesome music kicks in and now you are way more psyched to kick his $%^ now! That's the kind of experience I'm talking about.

You can't fully enjoy this game unless you have the music turned ON!

There are those exceptions, I know, when you are flying around for 4 hours mining in the same area and you want to hear something different. I understand, I've been there, done that.

Blizzard, the music in this game is so epic and awesome, please continue to do such a great job with it. You make the whole rest of the experience worth while.

Im the same way in the game, I think the music adds to the experience, but if Im doing dailies, or a dungeon I turn on music, mostly because I suffer from Anxiety (*Even in game) and music helps keeps my nerves at bay. But when I mentioned to my mom and partner that the music in the jade forest is similar to Disneys The Jungle Book (And it is!) they had to turn their sound on to even listen.

I feel you do miss out on alot with the sound turned off, but whatever floats their boat I guess.
I loop the music and love to hear that others are making the choice to keep it on while playing. I know the composers love to hear that too. They work very hard to make it as epic as possible while still integrating it as seamlessly as possible into the environments.

BTW, if you missed it on the front page, The Instance did an interview with Russell Brower about the Mists of Pandaria music and more. You can listen to it [url="http://theinstance.net/2012/11/299-the-instance-russell-brower/"]here[/url].

Sweet! Thanks a ton! I'm going to listen to it :)

On a personal note, I recently started studying qiqong (way before MoP came out). It's a practice Shaolin monks do! It's great exercise, after I'm done I listened to Chinese music while I meditate. Now I listen to the MoP soundtrack!
11/30/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Wassabii
No music will ever compare to Grizzly Hills. Ever.

I LOVED Grizzly hills music!
To keep on topic, though, I love the much of the music and often have it turned on although at other times, I mute the music but keep the sound effects / ambience on with some of my music playing in the background or just have the sounds effects and ambience on with nothing at all playing in the background.

It depends on my mood at the time, really.

I love old Westfall music, Elwynn, Dalaran, Blood Elf and Night Elf area music, Dwarf tavern music as well as, and color me weird for saying this, spirit healer music (I love the haunting chants).
I love the music, rarely do I ever have it off (if I do, it's because I'm doing something revolving around music whether it's piano or violin or singing to practice, and I can't have the background noise).

And I make sure to listen to the soundtracks on iTunes. :)

I'm obsessed with the old Darkshore music and the music from Teldrassil back in Vanilla wow haha.