New Character Models

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
Any news about the updated models?
Make me look like Voljin Blizz! DO IT MON!

P.S...keep the thunda thighs!

Seriously.
I am glad to hear they haven't been dropped. I -really- want to see some updated models for the vanilla races. They look horribly outdated compared to goblins, worgen and pandaren. Goblins and pandaren especially.
Hoping for a little tease in 5.2
Worgen need a huge fix. We are so clunky in our movements its retarded. When a wolf hunts it doesnt clunk around. It moves with precision and speed. Fluid all muscles moving in one. Also Worgen have a problem with alot of armor/gear poking through eachother. No point to even wear a cape cuz my sword and shield are half in half out.

More facials would be nice and I'd love to beable to change my fangs! Other than that I'm totally fine with worgen.

FIX MA CLUNKEH STEP! I R WORGEN NOT DERP DERP WOLF! Elites in halo have the save legs as worgen and are even hunched over. You dont see them clunking around. They have nice fluid powerful movements.
I am concerned about this, I feel quite beautiful as I am now, I mean if I can make new Draenei toons with different body types, great! But I am still cautious about all of this.
12/15/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Eliil
I am concerned about this, I feel quite beautiful as I am now, I mean if I can make new Draenei toons with different body types, great! But I am still cautious about all of this.

^_^ Do not fear.

Blizzard said the Vanilla character models are taking the highest priority in that regard (although the Character Model Updates are not that high in priority themselves) but they expect the Blood Elves and Draenei to do well enough for themselves for the time being. They didn't necessarily exclude you from the possibility of a future Character Model Update, rather, that you don't need one as bad as vanilla models.
I really hope they don't change some of the cast/melee attacks.

Some of the characters need just a better cast (like female trolls) or at least more fluent.

Can't wait for the new models though :D Maybe we'll see them in 2013?
12/15/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Eliil
Why? Ghostcrawler has said they are approaching this as an optional feature for people who wish to keep their old model.
Then I am very happy with Ghost's judgement.
Can't wait to see how sexy i'm gonna look.

Although we dwarfs were pretty sexy before.
Heres to hoping theres more pandas, bunny rabbits, unicorns, cats and cutsey things in wow models. Hope you guys insert flowers as hair for undead and give them pink weapons :D
12/15/2012 05:19 AMPosted by Xpotiom
Heres to hoping theres more pandas, bunny rabbits, unicorns, cats and cutsey things in wow models. Hope you guys insert flowers as hair for undead and give them pink weapons :D

Would be manly.
I think more options for the classic races would be lovely. Gnomes, Night Elves, Trolls etc. are so limited in what they can look like. The Pandaren however are beautiful. I love how they move and fight. Also... Just quibbling, but female humans have such an awkward body shape. Their thighs and legs are SO BIG. But, yes... Just being petty >_<
I don't think that's petty at all Sye, I've been planning to faction change this toon since I started leveling her after realm transferring my other hunter to this server but I am hesitant to faction change her before seeing the new models. If they improve human females (their slouchy posture and thunder thighs/hips) I am going to make her one, if they do not then I'll most likely end up making her draenii or just leaving her horde for the time being. I love the options for human faces and hair and think they are absolutely beautiful in that aspect but I would like more body options or just one body option that doesn't make her look like a lumberjack.
I think that female humans are very sexy. I don't want Blizzard to make Female Humans the blood elfs' of the Alliance, being all skin and bones with no curves...
I think that female humans are very sexy. I don't want Blizzard to make Female Humans the blood elfs' of the Alliance, being all skin and bones with no curves...

They better not take away my curves! I had to do lotsa kettlebell swings and dancing and squats to get them in real life!!!
well from 5.2, we can see new troll models for enemies/npcs, hopefully the new troll models for players will be this good.

Forest troll
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/52model_02_1_1.jpg

Sand troll
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/52model_07_1_1.jpg

Frost troll
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/52model_05_1_1.jpg

Zandalari
http://handclaw.rampagingpolygons.com/WoW/Zandalari.jpg

Giant steroid thunder troll?
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/52models_2_06_1.jpg
Hey let's play a game! So you're Blizzard for a day and just released that dwarf model.

Player 1: "that's some lazy work blizzard, you just used the vrykul model on that dwarf, you lazy!!111!!!!"
Player 2: "that look horrible, I actually liked how my dwarf looked and I want it back!"
Player 3: "Give us an option to choose between this and the old models blizz, I demand it now!!!11111!!!!"
Player 4: "Meh, I don't like either, they have X and Y flaws and you should have made Z and W this and this way."

Fun, isn't it?