New Character Models

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
12/01/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Killercaitie
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

Why not?

Why can't we have a preview? D:

If they let us see them there would be more input and crying than they would ever care to hear. Best to just put them out and we just accept them:)
I am so stoked about this, not only because they have confirmed that it is a top priority. I will wait as long as I need to, but could we have some concept models pretty please? I few ideas could be is: height tuners I am really short IRL so i'd like a short BElf. Body shapes would be amazing.
12/01/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Masseffekt

Why not?

Why can't we have a preview? D:

If they let us see them there would be more input and crying than they would ever care to hear. Best to just put them out and we just accept them:)

exactly. see femworgen

exactly. see femworgen
For those that didn't follow their development, they were okay when they were first implemented: not great, but the face wasn't as derpy and the build was a little more lean/muscular. People complained, and Blizzard responded by increasing the bust and butt sizes and adding the permaderp they ended up with.

exactly. see femworgen

Who says they are not femworgening everything else & not showing us? D:
12/01/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Zalaíria
I am so stoked about this, not only because they have confirmed that it is a top priority. I will wait as long as I need to, but could we have some concept models pretty please? I few ideas could be is: height tuners I am really short IRL so i'd like a short BElf. Body shapes would be amazing.

I'd love to see height and body shapes. I'd just love to see move customization in general. Height, shape, scars, something maybe diff style, like the old female worgen style in addition to the new. And of course some races need more of what they've got(female tauren need More everything.)
12/01/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Puku
I really hope they give orcs straight backs. Please, Blizzard, my chiropractor is a tyrant.

This^

In my situation, just look at my neck, my chiropractic bills are through the roof!
Tauren have always had a pretty bad hunch, though. It was a lot worse in WC3 and the artwork than the WoW models.

Orcs, on the other hand, didn't have a hunch until WoW.
I wonder if this, and things like it, has anything to do with what's taking so long?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQXgqv3dSUE

Ya know, being the art and animation departments and all...
Just add body types and you can have Straight Back Orc OR Slouched Orc, Skinny Human OR Buff Human, Skinny Troll OR Buff Troll, Obese Pandaren OR Chubby Pandaren (Male w/ female body type weight) etc etc.

Add in the stormwind guard and shado-pan armors and i'll be one happy camper.
please dont touch fem belfs height/weight... they are perfectly fine but a boob job is welcome or more hair color/style options would been nice
Touch my slutty blood elves and i'll stab you with a spork.
Just wanted to pop in to let Blizzard know that I'm eagerly awaiting updates to the character models. Hopefully, the teams will do as good a job with the models as they have with the goblins, pandas, and worgen.

Though I am curious, given art's subjective nature and the fact that RPG players tend to become attached to their avatars, when they implement these new models, will players have options without having to pay $15, to make a 1-time change to their character's appearance?
Am I the only one amazed that people keep bringing up this topic? This is the equivalent of asking if Christmas is still a holiday midway through May. It's coming, it's just not ready yet.
I hope they fix the animations on male undead with bow how do they even fire with their arms pull way out to the side like that?
Solitreous I think it has to do with empty promises in the past. We were supposed to get some of these models already according to some blue.
12/01/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Solitreous
Am I the only one amazed that people keep bringing up this topic? This is the equivalent of asking if Christmas is still a holiday midway through May. It's coming, it's just not ready yet.

Dance studio, path of the Titans, green fire...

Just a few examples of why we keep asking.

;/
12/01/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Rulong
Just add body types and you can have Straight Back Orc OR Slouched Orc, Skinny Human OR Buff Human, Skinny Troll OR Buff Troll, Obese Pandaren OR Chubby Pandaren (Male w/ female body type weight) etc etc.

Man, I would love to have a choice of different body styles! My dwarf isn't particularly as muscular as they are pictured---at least, when I envision Gauntlgrym/Dathingan here.
Just noticed tonight after a transporter malfunction that female orc casting animations were buffed slightly. Seems minor, but makes me wonder what else got changed?