New Character Models

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
As long as they don't change my face :P

I like my animations too... >.>

Every model could use better textures though.

As long as they don't change dem hips on human females, I'll be happy.
12/01/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Healstime
I really hope they give orcs straight backs. Please, Blizzard, my chiropractor is a tyrant.

I think the slouch makes them look tougher. This orc looks like a silly goose with a straight back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBVD3IMm_kc

That's a matter of opinion. I think the straight backs look tougher. But honestly? I think they should allow it both ways. You know, give some body type options! :) (within reason..like..thicker blood elves if you wanted, but they'd still be skinner than other races and have those awesome elvish eyebrows 'cause that's how their ethnicity is..just as an example)
When they finally get released

WOW BLIZZ RUINED THIS GAME I HATE THIS GIVE ME OLD SKIN BACK OR I QUIT!!!!

Wow just cant have nice things because if children

GC did say on twitter that they may consider giving players the option to choose between new models and old models. That way they can avoid the "THIS ISN'T ME. THIS IS BAD, BLIZZARD. I LIKE MINIMAL PIXELS AND ANCIENT ANIMATIONS"

Minimal pixels and ancient animations used in comparison to the quality of the new models, of course.
Are they changing all the existing models or just adding new ones?
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

Can you tell us which models are confirmed for change?

Please please please UD/Orc
Maybe it might end up like the Dance Studio that was promised back in Wrath. Would love to make a panda do Gangnam Style
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

I'm assuming this means the next time we're likely to see a reveal is next Blizzcon?
12/02/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Halfbrick
Are they changing all the existing models or just adding new ones?
not sure. but i do think they'll change the models. look at what happened to the druids. you cannot have the old catform or bearforms anymore. your travelform is no longer a cheetah.
12/02/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Ghoulîna

As far as we know, it's dwarves, humans, and orcs. Though they're likely going to get to all of them, with worgen/goblins being last, and even then only needing some fine-tuning.
12/02/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Wassabii

As far as we know, it's dwarves, humans, and orcs. Though they're likely going to get to all of them, with worgen/goblins being last, and even then only needing some fine-tuning.
why would worgen/goblins need updating?
12/02/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Wassabii

Oh, I know what they've said.. but they also said it was supposed to come with MoP, which is why I want confirmation on exactly what races.

why would worgen/goblins need updating?
They're both still behind Pandaren in the raw tech department.
Hopefully they'll make undead look better in Armor.

It can still show bones, but it should look as good as other races. xP

Its like our armor is our skin.
I'm just hoping that when they update everything, they keep the main aesthetics that the player choose for their character. Maybe even add an option for orcs to stand leaning or straight :P

People become attached to the way their characters are, I think they need to keep that in mind while still making the more obvious, logical changes.

You wouldn't say that if you were a male human, dwarf or gnome. Look closely at the Pandaren next time you're in game. The way they move especially. It's a million times more detailed and fluid than the old races. As a human male wielding a two hand weapon, you look like you're swinging a baseball bat while jumping in the air. It's bad. And most of the faces look disfigured. Night Elves aren't as noticeable because they're less realistic. The more human the model looks, the more you notice when something is wrong with it. Even so, Night Elf males look pretty goofy when they move. Night Elf females are not terrible, but they could be improved too.
I'm just hoping that when they update everything, they keep the main aesthetics that the player choose for their character. Maybe even add an option for orcs to stand leaning or straight :P

People become attached to the way their characters are, I think they need to keep that in mind while still making the more obvious, logical changes.

If they want to keep all the old options that's fine, just add a bunch of new ones. If you've played any of the newer MMOs, you know that they provide a level of character customization and realism way beyond what WoW offers.

If they want to keep all the old options that's fine, just add a bunch of new ones. If you've played any of the newer MMOs, you know that they provide a level of character customization and realism way beyond what WoW offers.

I don't disagree. The customization is really barebones. I also noticed that humans have really horrible pixels, especially the males, and a lot of the faces don't look very different compared to one another. The animation problem, aside from it looking weird, also seems to have a bad frame count.

All I'm really implying is that they need to approach this delicately.