Over-used Characters.

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
12/04/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Forben
I was actually wondering about that, what is a "Bob"?

Bob the builder?

CAN WE BUILD IT?
12/04/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Trenk

Bob the builder?

CAN WE BUILD IT?

No.

No we can't.

Someone broke and stole all the pieces.

No.

No we can't.

They're mine now.
No.

No we can't.

They're mine now.

Damnit Malluch!

Damnit Malluch!
*Cue audience laugh track*
"Curvaceous elves"
12/04/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Augustev
I actually play a drinking game when stepping into Wyrmrest Accord's Silvermoon. I take a shot when I see something cliche or lore-breaking and I give money to charity when I see anything resembling a creative, unique character.

I love you.
Soooo much.

My monocle and I love you too.
12/04/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Augustev
"Curvaceous elves"

That reminds me of something I see too, too often.

"Thin but curvy" girls. Because curvy women that may have a extra few pounds are like, so totally fat! Apparently Azeroth is populated by tiny-waisted Barbie dolls that only carry fat in their boobs and butt.

News flash!

Thin and skinny women tend not to have too many curves. Look at the runway models that you are obviously emulating. They are not curvy. They wear clothes that flatter them and give the appearance of curves.
12/04/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Augustev
"Curvaceous elves"

Muscles /nod.
And for Light's sake, there are other body type than 'hourglass' for a woman! Women (and men) come in all shapes and sizes and not all of them are going to be 'ideal' in physique. And weight! Both the lifestyle and the body-type depends on how that person carries that weight - someone active and fit will have more muscle then someone who sits around and studies all the time.
I was reading this for fun, despite not ever really Rping, and I am proud to say that none of my character's archetypes have shown up yet.
I just thought of another one: RP'ers who think it's cool or "mature" to have their characters pepper their speech with f-bombs and other swear words. Putting aside the fact that the f-word most likely doesn't exist in WoW lore, it just makes you look immature and stupid. Don't do it.
12/05/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Hadhan
f-word most likely doesn't exist in WoW lore

I disagree. We have most swear swords like Hell and such, I would suggest f-word or s-word is in there.
12/05/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Tsukihime
I was reading this for fun, despite not ever really Rping, and I am proud to say that none of my character's archetypes have shown up yet.

I have one character who's idea was mentioned - I'm trying to play this character as a "teenage" elf. (Not literally 13-19 years old, but an adolescent in elf ages, whatever they may be. I've heard many varying claims on how they age.)

However, she avoids the annoying parts that the author mentioned as normally associated with teenage elves: Avi isn't a master at anything, she's not overly smart or athletic, and she's not cute so that everyone likes her. I just liked the dynamic of RPing a young person in a society of ancients.

What I personally see as overused:
-Evil warlocks/DKs with their pets out in capitol cities
-People who use growth potions (Especially ones that think it makes their character invincible)
-This is more just annoying to me, but people who play surgeon-type doctors who mess up anatomy and use "X-ray goggles" to see soft tissue or other things that don't show up on X-rays.
I think the use of dialect is fine to an extent, but when one goes so far that you have no clue what they are saying I usually go. "WUT?"

Reminds me of the rap talking granny, or the one who is addicted to texting and saying the chat words out loud. "El Oh El!"

Another pet peeve, using text slang in rp...no those are not real words!! Use proper language please!
Oooh just remembered one of those things that make my eye twitch as soon as I see it.

Perfectly preserved and sexy undead.

I'll buy the perfectly preserved part even I don't like it too much. I mean with the way the Val'kyr can raise people you could be dead for only minutes before raised, and be pretty well preserved.

But you are dead. That's not sexy. Don't try to flaunt it, my characters don't want your flapping undead t*ts thrust in their face. They don't want to hear about your "curves" or "booty" or how firm everything still is. You are dead and rotting. The rot might be happening slower than normal, but it's happening.
12/05/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Aviala
People who use growth potions (Especially ones that think it makes their character invincible)
Well to be fair, that's one of the only ways I can think of to show some kind of height differentiation. Cuz I have a nelf warrior that, in design, I wanted to be a bit larger than average. Doesn't make her the hulk, just makes her taller than average >.>
Oooh just remembered one of those things that make my eye twitch as soon as I see it.

Perfectly preserved and sexy undead.

I'll buy the perfectly preserved part even I don't like it too much. I mean with the way the Val'kyr can raise people you could be dead for only minutes before raised, and be pretty well preserved.

But you are dead. That's not sexy. Don't try to flaunt it, my characters don't want your flapping undead t*ts thrust in their face. They don't want to hear about your "curves" or "booty" or how firm everything still is. You are dead and rotting. The rot might be happening slower than normal, but it's happening.

Trenk is well preserved as a matter of vanity. With healing magics and science the way they are, I figured synthesized if not real flesh would not be a difficult matter. Plus, there's logistics problems involved in fighting with your bones/ tendons/ muscles hangin' out.

I wouldn't say he's sexy, though.
12/06/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Trenk
I wouldn't say he's sexy, though.

I would.