Macbook Pro Retina 5.1 problems..

Mac Technical Support
I don't know if there is something with my computer or if I am using the right settings but currently I have the 2.6ghz retina mbp and I can't even get 30fps running the game on "good" settings. I need to switch the settings to low in order to get at least 30fps.

I already tried SMC reset but it is still the same way.

With the MBPretina's customizations and the 1gb graphics card, I expected the game to run on at least high. Am I wrong?

Please help!
I got the same MBP and the same problem. Since 5.1 hit i got terrible FPS (in between 7 and 9 on low settings, crowded or not) I use to run on high at 35-38 FPS in crowded area
Was experiencing same issue of low FPS on my mac after 5.1. Disabled Recount and it went back to normal.

I've noticed a lot of times after a patch that if i'm running Recount it slows things down til a few revisions after the new patch. I'm guessing memory allocation issues.
like all patches, mods that aren't updated for it yet will cause major problems. clicking "load out of date" is more of a debugging feature than one meant to be used to actually use broken out of date mods. it's fully intended that typical end users don't use that option unless they are experienced with troubleshooting and repairing bad mods or giving bug reports (from the lua errors) to mod authors to get them fixed up after a major patch.
Please help, i tried the following already
1) disabling all addons
2) restarting

on Monday my FPS was 130 today it drops to 40.

MBP retina 15'

please help.
Please try removing all addons and temp files and see if that helps. Disabling addons isn't the same, and can affect performance.

Reset the temp files
    1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
    2. Delete the Cache folder.
    3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
    4. Launch WoW.

Please try removing all addons and temp files and see if that helps. Disabling addons isn't the same, and can affect performance.

Reset the temp files
    1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
    2. Delete the Cache folder.
    3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
    4. Launch WoW.

Tried that all but I am still getting 40fps
I am using 1504x940 resolution
Graphic set to fair
I was at SW, also tried vallley of four winds.

Before 5.1 I was getting 130fps for this exact resolution, and it decreases by around 20 fps for every resolution option I increase, now I can't even get to 80fps unless I play at the lowest resolution.
I just tried that and it does not change anything. I also tried running both 32 and 64 bit client and there is no difference in frame rate.
I also tried 32bit vs 64bits no diff
So you removed all addons and temp files, and did a playtest without reloading your addons?
yes,
1) I removed cache, interface, WTF folder
2) start wow 64bit (same with 32 as well), before that I also force quit every other app like browser or skype.
3) unplug my usb mouse and keyboard incase it is related to those.
4) The addon button was not even there anymore (becuz of step 1)
5) observed a fps of 20 fps when using default recommend graphics option
6) change it to 1504x940 and change the setting to 'fair', observed a fps of 40
7) I was at shrine of 7 stars
Thanks. I'll follow-up with the team and see what I can find out.
The frame rate issue has improved a bit to 90fps after an SMC reset. It is not good as before but it will have to do.
Weird, but thanks for the feedback.

If you're using a portable though, going above 60 isn't recommended, as they can cause the MBP to work harder than it needs to and cause degration of performance overtime.

If you are still wanting to do this, make sure you play on a nice flat surface that doesn't trap heat, and use a cooling pad if you have one.
I'm also having issues with my retina MBP since 5.1. I'm getting around 10 FPS on "Good" settings. I tried reducing the resolution and only got as high as 15 FPS (even in sparsely populated areas).

I tried removing all addons, Cache, and WTF folder, then restarting wow. There was no change.
Same here.
I am also getting terrible performance on my retina MacBook Pro since the 5.1 update. I previously was able to get up to around 80+ fps everywhere, but I had set my fps limit at 30 since that was enough for me and I like stable frame rates. Now I don't even get above 20 fps except occasionally. I've tried removing all addons and cache and restarting, but there has been no performance improvement.

EDIT: After resetting my SMC, my framerate has returned to be capable of the 30 fps cap I have, even with all my addons and wtf restored to how they were previously. The maximum fps does not seem to be as high as it was previously, but at least I have acceptable performance now.
I have completed the above reset of my wow and log in with no add ons. 8fps with recomended settings. 26fps on lowest settings. I am running on a MacBook Pro, Retina, mid 2012 2.6 ghz intel core i7, 8g 1600mhz ddr3, NVIDIA GeForce GT650m 1024mb, os x 10.8.2 (12c60). I first noticed this just today but frame rates have been pretty low since 5.0 so i didn't notice till it droped bellow 20. PLz Adress this asap
I also have been having these issues and have gone through all the above steps. Game was running smooth up until today. I seem to be having low fps with Diablo as well with this 15" Retina.
Same problem. Logged in today and saw my FPS running around 15-20 after comfortably running around 60 FPS two days ago. Lowering settings does not help much. Tried deleting cache folder etc as suggested with no improvement