Issue fixed don't look at this thread anymore

Bug Report
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
the realm firsts are still yet to be rolled back. were beyond the question of if the bug is fixed or not. it was fixed early yesterday. main concern is if they are going to be rolling back realm firsts, and if they are, do those who would legitimately earn them need to wait til after the roll back, or will they be awarded retroactively.
11/30/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Kikikannibal
the realm firsts are still yet to be rolled back. were beyond the question of if the bug is fixed or not. it was fixed early yesterday. main concern is if they are going to be rolling back realm firsts, and if they are, do those who would legitimately earn them need to wait til after the roll back, or will they be awarded retroactively.

I know, this is bothering me so much.
My suggestion to everybody in this thread is open a ticket, I know the in game GM's can't do anything but if they get flooded with tickets and if we keep this thread alive then we won't go unheard.
It truly, seriously bothers me though that there hasn't been a blue post anywhere that I've seen on this topic, especially since it affects realm firsts.
11/30/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Kikikannibal

My guess is they will probably need to do a mini-patch. I wouldn't expect that until Tuesday or so. That's probably when, if they do it at all, they will remove the gear from alts.
i dont care about the gear/mounts. really just the realm firsts. i feel like when u start allowing bugs and cheesing to dictate realm first awarding, its a slippery slope, and the higher player base lose alot of integrity to these kinds of issues if they go unaddressed. would hate to see something as awesome as challenge modes get tarnished by such a silly situation.
GC has a twitter post saying he's aware.

*edit
11/30/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Caillenne
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/274240770133864448
PB firehawks were a different situation. Heroic Rag was nerfed into the ground. even without the players who cheesed it and got it on normal, it was a low drop rate, and post nerf heroic rag was a joke too. Since the beginning CMs have been explained in relation to exclusivity of glad/high end pvp titles and mounts, that are character specific. i dont really see the comparison at all, content that can be outgeared/nerfed compared to normalized skill based play dont equate. better comparison would be if there was a bug that caused any gladiator to log onto thier alt and get the glad mount and title. which i would even be okay with (which i know alot of players would not be), which still leaves the concern of realm first. realm firsts are a completely different thing than a mount, gear, title.
I wouldn't flat out say H rag was a joke post nerf, compared to his prenerf form ya definitely but he was still harder than H Madness at the time.
Also, how many mmr resets and bans have gone out related to arena exploiting?
I don't feel like anything can really compare to the state of CMs and the rewards that accompany them.

Anyways, link to the GC response that was mentioned

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/274240770133864448

At least we got a response in some shape or form. I just wish it wasn't as generic as the general blizz response could be and a little more specific.
I REALLY hope they back these realm firsts fast, me and my group are 2 dungeons away and our realm first was sniped a few days ago.
As much as it would be to get this gear on my alts and such, I don't think it's really fair to the people and specific characters that actually earned all the rewards. If Blizzard wants to keep the integrity of the system, they should roll back all the rewards and achievements to pre-5.1.

The Transmog gear, while only transmog gear for some, is the symbol of achievement for having cleared all Golds. It isn't the title, or the mount, it's all about the transmog gear.

In essence, it is exactly like having Gladiator/Grand Marshal/High Warlord titles be account wide. It's just a little unfair to people who went through the hell of focusing on one character and one class for this.
Well, just finished out our golds, would have had server first if this 49 hunter didn't bug it.
wtb fix, and server first spam tuesday night 9pm est >.>
Yeah I hope this gets fixed especially for people who earned it fully and didn't get their credit yet. At least they know about it now.
was hoping it would be addressed and fixed by now, but im just gonna finish them tomorrow and hope they fix it. :/
How is something that affects realm firsts on the second page and not a single blue post on the issue?
second page? I've seen this on the first page all day long.
shows as a the 3rd post from the top on the second page for me. really hard to miss lol.
11/30/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Nery
Blizzard wants to keep the integrity of the system, they should roll back all the rewards and achievements to pre-5.1.

I got my achievement legit the day 5.1 landed, should I lose it because of a coiple people being stupid?

I think it may be as simple as looking at realm Challenge Mode ladders and removing rewards from all characters who do not show up on the ladder, or who do not show up on the ladder at the correct rank for their bugged rewards.

Realm Firsts could probably be taken into account by looking at who get the achievements when...sub-90s, for example, are easy enough to spot. But even then, looking at the ladders for each realm would also work.
if you did your runs cross realm ur runs wont show up under the ladder, only under the personal challenge mode score.
12/01/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Kikikannibal
if you did your runs cross realm ur runs wont show up under the ladder, only under the personal challenge mode score.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/challenge/dungeon/temple-of-the-jade-serpent/#reset

Ryusaki and Gracos are cross server dudes and they show up in our groups position.
they also show up under our realm (Executus) leaderboard