When do you spell reflect vs mages

Warrior
I tend to spell reflect when I first charge them. They often try to blink and freeze if frost, or freeze before they blink as fire. I've found this to be more effective than trying to reflect the Deep freeze. I tend to find I only reflect deepfreeze on the crap mages.

So when do you reflect? Also any stories of reflection are valid!
Against clueless mages it's pretty easy to reflect the Deep Freeze by reflecting right after nova. Same thing can be done with pyros if you watch for the pyroblast proc. Against good ones though? Good luck.
I just find with the deep freeze glyph taking it off the global that reflecting it takes to long. Equipping my shield with a macro seems to make me wait for a moment before I can spell reflect. Thats why I've started trying to just reflect normal novas.

I also tend to reflect boomkin roots. Come on what do you guys reflect?
I toss Stormbolt right after Nova, 90% of the time the Mage will be desperately spamming Deep as the stun wears off. He will eat the reflect instead.

So when do you reflect? Also any stories of reflection are valid!

IF you can get a lucky Deep Freeze reflect, that's obviously the most ideal. You won't get it early unless they are bad, like you said. I tend to get the Deep Freeze reflect if it's come down to 1v1 and the mage is scrambling.

Otherwise, Frost Bomb is the best thing to reflect. It'll mess with their timing, and it has a small cooldown. The majority of their burst triggers when Frost Bomb goes off.

If you happen to get Frost Bombed, aim to reflect the Frostfire Bolt. You'll know it's coming when Frost Bomb explodes. Tough to know the tendency of the mage you're playing (will he Frostfire first or Ice Lance), but if you watch him through one cycle of it, he'll do it the same next time.
Anytime I am low and I think they are going to go for the kill I put it up. Otherwise, watch for frost bomb as they tend to have a lot of damage behind them.
Always spell reflect once you get hit by their nova. Smart ones will not reflect it back onto themselves but you dont do it then they'll just freeze you.

Its a damned if you do damned if you dont situation unless of course you got stormbolt as mentioned above.
It all depends if they have Presence of Mind (instant cast spell). In arenas though, i would save reflect for sheep and frost bomb.

*EDIT* On bad mages, yes, reflect immediately after getting novad and you will almost certainly reflect a deep freeze, which they will blink out of, which then you can get a lot of damage in, which they will Ice Block,, which they willl etc. etc. It sets up for a nice series of events
11/29/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Riconski
Against clueless mages it's pretty easy to reflect the Deep Freeze by reflecting right after nova. Same thing can be done with pyros if you watch for the pyroblast proc. Against good ones though? Good luck.
Nice insults Lsx maybe you don't know everything? I tend to pummel the bombs and only reflect them if they are at range. I'm also not begging or searching for advice, this is simply a warrior thread for intrest NOT OMFG WHEN DO I SPELL REFLECT!!!!!!

Warlocks are stupid and my post you linked proves just that. I'm sick of seeing locks pretend they never get chaos bolt off and I quote "Chaos bolt is a skillcheck". I make a post taunting you and all of a sudden you'll get the chaos bolt off no matter what I do? Lol your all not nearly as skilled as you think you are.

I should of made it specific I'm mostly talking about real pvp in groups. In arenas people pay more attention and don't make the mistakes they would otherwise.