The Warchief Thread

Story Forum

Wait...what? Where? I don't recall ever seeing Nazgrim express anything other than total Garrosh fanboyism.

Hmm, perhaps I overstated that a bit. Baine, however, seems to trust him: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32352

Baine would trust a quillboar stabbing him in the face. He's a pushover.
12/03/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Lorgeth
IMO he's just a soldier following orders. (cause thats what soldiers do)

I really, really, REALLY feel uncomfortable letting soldiers get away with the "just following orders" excuse.

Besides, if Nazgrim is "just a soldier," that doesn't speak well of his qualifications to be Warchief.
12/03/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Jaelara
I really, really, REALLY feel uncomfortable letting soldiers get away with the "just following orders" excuse.

Regardless, there are several historical events where the soldiers were let go. The average Axis soldier, I believe, was let go, as was many of the officers.

Because really, punishing every soldier when, according to Garrosh's decree, is the ENTIRE Horde, is really going to take too long.

12/03/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Jaelara
Besides, if Nazgrim is "just a soldier," that doesn't speak well of his qualifications to be Warchief.

I agree. Garrosh was ''just a soldier'' not really leader material, so it would be good to not repeat history.

Baine would trust a quillboar stabbing him in the face. He's a pushover.

If Blizzard decides to write his thoughtful, lenient, peaceful ways as successful in curbing quillboar aggression, Baine could be seen as wise.

If they don't, he could be considered an idiot.

Really I think it is too soon to judge. I think Blizzard wanted some "Peaceful" voice in the Horde, and they supplied that with Baine.

Also, did you level a tauren since Cataclysm? He did kill the head of the Grimtotems in Mulgore, personally.
12/03/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Silvurn
If they don't, he could be considered an idiot

They don't.

12/03/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Silvurn
Also, did you level a tauren since Cataclysm? He did kill the head of the Grimtotems in Mul'gore, personally

And in order to deal with the Alliance next door, he builds a giant wall and forbids anyone to fight against them. If they do, they are banished.
Baine also had a chance to kill Magatha, and instead let her retreat and lick her wounds, and as of Cataclysm questing, she has already apparently found a path back to power -- possibly even more raw power than she had before, if not political power.

Baine is an idiot, at best. I would not wish him on my worst enemy.
12/03/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Jaelara
Baine is an idiot, at best. I would not wish him on my worst enemy.

Too late.

The thing with Baine, is that he is supposed to be the polar oppisite of Garrosh.

Garrosh is Bloodthirsty. Baine is Peaceful.
Garrosh is impaitent. Baine is Paitent.
Garrosh wants more. Baine is content.
etc.
I'd rather have Baine in charge then Musclehead Meatball.

They don't.

And in order to deal with the Alliance next door, he builds a giant wall and forbids anyone to fight against them. If they do, they are banished.

Errrr, in his story I think the quillboar do retreat back to their tunnels after being supplied with a water source.

And I did not know about the Banishment thing. Do you have a link? Is it in quest text?

Edit: I think if we want to call everything at face value, Baine is being developed as a character with a tendency to try and avoid violence in favor of diplomatic or humanitarian solutions. I'm on board with that.

However, it can be seen as naive, as we don't personally know Magatha or other enemies of the tauren, and we don't know how they'll react to lenient treatment.

Magatha seems to not respect it. She's belligerent.

Still, I'm afeared he might become some 2D, good to the core, Sunwalker. I'm down with my sun druids, but not interested in a new group having so much influence in Mulgore already. I'm fine with character's whose actions and moralities I largely appreciate, as long as they strike me as human and believable, not plot devices. For me, Baine hasn't crossed that bridge yet...But I didn't actually read ToW, I wikid it.
I want someone in the middle of Thrall and Garrosh.