Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
Love all of the ppl that keep saying you can turn it off. They must not be able to read either.
Nope, sorry, I love the changes.

It's not hand-holding: it's called making the interface colorful and quickly informative.
Omg take away the red ability timer when you lose control of your character. It literally RIPS your attention away from the fight.
I kinda like the control alerts myself.

Maybe Crabby could be brought back for the people that really don't get it.. "I see you're feared. Would you like to learn more about fears and how to avoid them?"

I love you so much. <3
If you dont like hand holding play without addons. Thats what addons do right?
OMG so happy to find the stupid cc warnings can be turned off. They do realize that pvp is now designed entirely around CC's right? Why would you make something that happens every few second to become even more annoying.
Well first of all it does make alot of sense to have an "are you sure" option when if you leave a random group on accident then it would be nearly impossible to rejoin that group. What, you've never had someone throw down a duel flag when they tried to inspect you?

Considering that DBM is a third party addon(read: "Crutch") the fact that you compare it to a normal interface object that is SUPPOSE to be in the game is pretty lame. Also did you know that you can change chat colors?

And its EXTREMELY useful to be able to see clearly WHAT is CCing you and for how much longer. For instance if i see its Chains of ice , i might not waste my EMFH on it since i know the DK can spam it. if i see its frost nova then i know that cant be (truely) spammed and can use it freely. And its very easy to accidentally waste an ability on an effect taht only lasts 2 seconds. Diminishing returns and all that.

I'd try considering how an addition to the game affects the entire game and every player, and not just you, before i judge whether or not it should be in the game.

P.S. Last i checked Pac-man. Tomb Raider and Super Mario 64 where all video games and none of them had Roots or snares.
11/27/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Phatpeipei
It is like WOW 5.1 is now WOW-Vista. You know what happened to Vista?

Perfect!
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

Can yo create a pop-up for the OP that asks hiim if he would like to know where the controls are for that?

:P
actually I'm finding the new CC alert pretty handy. For one it's pointed out to me that I have several more spells available to me when locked down that I had originally though.

Had no idea I could activate F&B or Flames of Xorth while I was Silenced.

Now I've got an AOE ready to go the moment I can talk and if need be I can pop my demon out to go to work while I'm resting my eyes from a pally gut punch
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

Was getting spammed with "You can't do that" and floating red text not enough of a warning for people?
Having the stinking fishing tourney fixed so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.WHAT ABOUT THAT?

The one in STV is supposed to be back on Sundays, from the patch notes:

•Fishing •The Stranglethorn Vale Fishing Extravaganza has returned every Sunday, but now allows three winners per tournament. It also offers competitors a chance to earn the rewards once offered by the Kalu’ak Fishing Derby. •Speckled Tastyfish fishing pools no longer spawn during the tournament. Instead, Tastyfish can be caught from any fishing node in all parts of Stranglethorn Vale while the tournament is active. This includes inland nodes, and wreckage.
heres the thing and i would love a blue to post an answer. i turned off that distracting thing and yet when i get CC'd i still have the screamin pic in my face and all my action bars all reded out. can that be completely turned off? cuz i can't see what i'm doin in pvp situations and lose track of where the person went. that makes pvp worse as it is.
Guys seriously this thread ended on page 4.

11/27/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Daxxarri
You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on.