Why we need to see LFR boss status

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
This change was implemented because of one thing.

Bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing....

Oh right. If you don't like it? Well LFR is optional.

Don't like it? Don't do it.
11/29/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

I might agree with that except, there's a limit to how much valor you can earn per week. If I needed additional valor I'd queue for a random dungeon. The first one of the day is an arguably more efficient source of valor than an in progress LFR.

After getting pulled into and completing an in progress LFR (which I've never had any qualms about) I would certainly be miffed to get offered another queue pop only to find that all the bosses in it are ones I've already killed.
You are clearly biased, irrational, and petty. (What's new on these forums?)

Also, it's not the first time I've seen you complaining here, you seem to do that alot.

Really? I think you have me confused with someone else. I've posted in the Landfall thread because I got tired of getting flagged for attacking Mooks, but other than that, I haven't really posted much in the last 4 months or so.
As one of the people who requested this change a month ago and is quite pleased with it, I'd like to point out that it's been working in Dungeon Finder for a long time now. Initially I thought nerfing end bosses in LFR was the only solution, to reduce the number of people who leave towards the end. But then it was pointed out to me that Dungeon Finder enjoyed great success simply by hiding the number of dead bosses on the confirmation screen. It's not some radical new change; it's just taking a successful improvement to Dungeon Finder, and extending it to LFR.

I'll add that it'simply selfish to want the freedom to leave raids early, but not also accept the responsibility to sometimes be called upon to finish a half-completed raid. Trying to only benefit and never contribute is cheating the system. It's standard game design not to reward people who try to cheat. Nothing surprising here.

You're awesome.

And you're exactly right, you can't have it both ways. Leave whenever it suits you AND expect there to be fresh raids waiting for you each time. It'd be great if that was possible, but it is an MMO with lots of other real live people playing. Ideally though cooperating to complete a raid is rewarding enough for everyone that it's generally functioning in a way that makes everyone want to cooperate.
11/29/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Adiathna
Yeah, I saw that...and asked for clarification right afterwards, and haven't seen a response on it. What criteria "ups your likelihood of a fresh raid with no bosses down yet?"

This has been a feature and something LFR has been doing since Dragon Soul. There doesn't need to be further clarification, you can find blue posts talking about it back from January. If you've done a partial run of an LFR, the next time you queue to complete it you're opted for a fresh run over a partial run.
because it is not guaranteed fresh.

This is the issue.

it is not a guarantee of getting a fresh run. It is only more likely.

Until they make it a guarantee people will not be happy with this change.

And why does it have to be fresh? That's the question. If you're guaranteed* a fresh run after a partial, what does it matter?

EDIT--

*-Yes I know it's not GUARANTEEEEED, but if the queue places you in a priority fresh queue, odds are you'll find a fresh run. All Bashiok is saying with "almost" means if there's absolutely no "fresh runs" in the queue, you may end up with another partial.

Did you read what I said and was responding to?I guess you edited right as I was posting.

if I enter a 2/3 or 1/3 run and kill them all and enter the queue for that LFR I do NOT have a guarantee of getting 0/3 next time.

I only have a higher chance of getting a fresh run. it is not a guaranteed chance according to the Blue posting in this thread.
11/29/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Trinko
He had very valid points, the point of LFR is for people who don't have enough time to raid, yet this change pretty much is the exact opposite of that.

That's odd, I thought that LFR was intended to allow everyone to "see the content" no matter how bad they are or how little time they actually put into their character.

The real issue is the lack of real consequences for people who leave mid-run. This is especially true in lfd where you constantly see people bail after every boss dies. Make the deserter debuff 24 hrs and account-wide or something because it is ridiculous to end up with 10 people on the dps log for a 5 man that had 0 deaths or vote-kicks.

Also, put me in the "never failed to get a fresh run after finishing a run joined mid-way" camp.
So if you call me with a problem because of the performance of our product, or because our company changed a product in a way that you weren't happy with, and you called me, you would be happy with a response of "Maybe our company isn't for you then"?

I'm sure nearly 100% of the customers I'd say that to would flip out and report my business to the BBB.

How about being more exact:

If someone came to my company HQ saying they were going to ruin my product for other people until they got their way I'd show them the door and/or offer them a refund if they weren't happy.
11/29/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Erras
Please leave the game. We need less of your kind.

Been playing for 7 years. Not ready to give it up yet. :)
11/29/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Aeonius
I've been in customer service for around 8 years. I'm fine with being firm. Being borderline insulting is never an option though.

I think your perception of insulting is clearly off when you're reading it to be insulted.

That's definitely a possibility. It's one of the things that sucks about forums, or any other written word.
And why does it have to be fresh? That's the question. If you're guaranteed* a fresh run after a partial, what does it matter?

EDIT--

*-Yes I know it's not GUARANTEEEEED, but if the queue places you in a priority fresh queue, odds are you'll find a fresh run. All Bashiok is saying with "almost" means if there's absolutely no "fresh runs" in the queue, you may end up with another partial.

I'm totally fine with queing and getting a 2/6, however why would I want to que and get another 2/6. You get absolutely nothing from it and you gotta reque all over again. Same with if you had to leave early and want a 2/6 que, there is a chance you could get a 0/6 and have to kill more then half the instance and get nothing at all. Why it's not guarenteed makes no sense at all and is against everything LFR was created for (people who don't have time).
So if you call me with a problem because of the performance of our product, or because our company changed a product in a way that you weren't happy with, and you called me, you would be happy with a response of "Maybe our company isn't for you then"?

I'm sure nearly 100% of the customers I'd say that to would flip out and report my business to the BBB.

But sometimes it is the truth, and people need to hear it. I worked retail for many years, long ago. If kissing people butts and giving them constant pats on the back even when it's completely unwarranted is your idea of the right thing to do. Then I am just flabbergasted. I quite simply do not see it this way.
11/29/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Alastair
100% this. Heck look we are 2 mo in a xpac and the slashed the price of it by 50%

Grats on being ignorant of where MMO profits come from?

Sale of the box isn't the big profit generator, it's the subscriptions/cosmetic purchases.

If you want a REAL sign of an MMO beginning to suffer financually, take a look at some MMOs where they've had to consolidate all of their dungeon finder systems to span all their servers, hosting all servers on one grid, laying off 90% of their Q&A staff just so they can post 2nd quarter projected profit and even getting rid of their faction barriers for everything save for different home cities.
You're awesome.

And you're exactly right, you can't have it both ways. Leave whenever it suits you AND expect there to be fresh raids waiting for you each time. It'd be great if that was possible, but it is an MMO with lots of other real live people playing for their own reasons. Ideally though cooperating to complete a raid is rewarding enough for everyone that it's generally functioning in a way that makes everyone want to cooperate.

Bashiok continues his trolling by responding to one of the few people agreeing with him, and saying that person is great. Seriously, it would have been better if you had just withdrawn completely from the thread.

And this BS about satisfaction of completing a raid... It's LFR, where you are pretty much guaranteed a win. The stupid, it burns...
11/29/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Trinko
however why would I want to que and get another 2/6.

Please, at least read the first page of responses to the OPs question. Bashiok has stated like 4 different times that when you finish a half-completed run, you will (most likely) get a fresh run immediately afterwards. You have no right to complain until you've had the unfortunate circumstance of hitting 5 2/6 runs in a row.

Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

D'awww, mad because the big mean CM told you that your selfish attitude that harms other players isn't really suited for an online game?

Contrary to whatever high horse you appear to have planted yourself on, you are just as much of the problem as the bads in LFR. Or you could be a bad, just an impatient one. Regardless, you aren't doing anyone (Except yourself) any favors.

I wish you many Will wipes in the future. Many. (Too evil? Maybe. But it needed to be said.)