Why we need to see LFR boss status

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
There is a huge difference in dungeons versus LFR.

No there isn't. They're both super easy to finish, and super quick, if people just take the queue and finish.

wow, really? 1-5 minute boss that drops loot no matter how many times you get stuck with him = 20-45 min boss that has no chance whatsoever to drop loot because you already did him AND then repeat for the one(s) after him? That's some awesome math skills you are displaying there.
11/29/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Niialuna
wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

I'm sorry, but based on the post he quoted, you deserved that response. You basically said "As a Healer, if I join a partial LFR I engage in a series of sociopathic behaviors, like going on auto-follow and only healing myself in hopes of being kicked".

So yeah, openly stating that you want to make other players (aka, human beings) miserable is a good indication that maybe the MMO genre is not for you. Perhaps playing a FPS and nerd-raging on XBL would be more up your alley, if ruining other people's day is your thing.
Every other player REGARDLESS of faction is your competition and enemy.

I didn't used to think that way, certainly not when I first started nearly 7 years ago. But the changes to the game and the community of the game have made me have to do that so I could get anything done at all, because sooner or later, someone is going to do it to you.

Ha ha ha

Without all those enemies and competitors also playing World of Warcraft, you wouldn't have a game. Sense of self entitlement is a bad quality reserved for the only child with rich parents.
As a healer, I NEVER will do a 1/6 or 2/6 already defeated LFR. EVER.

I will simply place myself on auto-follow, and either afk or simply stand there and heal only myself, in the hopes of either getting kicked and avoiding said debuff, they'll wipe - in which I can leave without said debuff or they'll complete the run without me and I'll get gold or gear. Either way, I get what I want out of the deal.

Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

Customer service at it's finest.
11/29/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Niialuna

Your veiled threat is hillarious. Bashiok has a complete point - maybe an MMO isn't for you. If you are honestly refusing to play the game the way it's intended to be played, than that puts you at fault, not a CM who simply makes a statement.

That said, I also dislike this. For now, it's not a big deal, and it will remain not a big deal unless a new boss is added in the future that becomes unkillable for the first few days (Garalon). If this happens, it's going to make it nearly impossible to get a group together who can kill 3/6, which means that we're either going to have to

A) stay in the group and wipe endlessly
B) Keep queueing and risk getting 2/6 everytime

I believe, personally, that players should have a choice of what queues they join. That said, if I get placed in a 2/6, I'm certainly going to do everything that I can to complete the run, and not place anybody on follow, or afk the entire time in hopes of getting kicked.
I hope somebody fixes that add on so that I don't ever have to join a LFR with any bosses down.
The problem I have with this is as a casual raider, I use LFR for multiple purposes.

1.) I go in there to learn fights. While its not the complete fight, its a fairly solid base to go off of so when we see it in reg we only have to learn a few small mechanics.

2.) based on the gear, I will be farming particular bosses for certain pieces that i did not see from the raid i am currently in, and will be wanting to fight that particular boss. If that happens to be the first boss, and I do not get a fresh run, i just wasted my time in queue wanting that particular boss. Then I get the deserter debuff on top of that?

3.) when I run LFR, I want to do the entire thing. I do not want to do multiple partial runs. I want to queue once and get it over with. Same as a dungeon. I want to get in, have it be a fresh run, blow through it quick, so i can go on to other things. If the entire point of this expansion was to allow you to raise your character the way that you want then why would you hinder a system that was already broken and in turn make it worse.

Lets just say that this new LFR change makes it so I will no longer run LFR. I have no use for a system that already was as huge headache to become a even bigger headache.

Double standard much? You can post nasty selfish responses, and when someone questions you on it you pull that?

All you care about is yourself.

Customer service at it's finest.

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

LOL. Are you going to complain because you were told the blunt truth?

pfft.
There's a deserter debuff given if you don't stay and participate in the raid.

As a healer, I NEVER will do a 1/6 or 2/6 already defeated LFR. EVER.

I will simply place myself on auto-follow, and either afk or simply stand there and heal only myself, in the hopes of either getting kicked and avoiding said debuff, they'll wipe - in which I can leave without said debuff or they'll complete the run without me and I'll get gold or gear. Either way, I get what I want out of the deal.

When I run my LFRs for the week, I intend to get only fresh runs and start at the beginning of each instance I do. Period. This change isn't going to change anything for me.

And there are many more people like me apparently, if this change is any indication.

This person should be watched for such behavior and disciplined by Blizzard for exploiting the game mechanics to the detriment of other players. Deliberately going afk in a raid with the intent of getting kicked in order to avoid the deserter debuff or to get loot and gold which was not earned is a blatant exploitation of the game mechanics for personal gain.
11/29/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Morsk
There is a huge difference in dungeons versus LFR.

No there isn't. They're both super easy to finish, and super quick, if people just take the queue and finish. The only reason people don't finish is mindless groupthink: they see other people didn't finish, and mindlessly decide to do the same thing.

You want the freedom to leave, right? And when other people leave, you want the queue system to find replacements, right? Well, if you want those things, you have to contribute. Sometimes you'll be put in half-done runs.

For me I only queue to a dungeon for valor.

The gear is basically worthless and since I greed on it I almost never get anything anyway since people seem to need on everything they can.

I queued to LFR for specific bosses to fill in gear. The valor was nice but I generally would rather drop group if I think it will be a wipefest than stay in it for valor unless I need a piece of gear from that boss.

So if I need loot from the second boss then I will not stay in a group that is trying to kill the third boss unless i happen to still need valor.

Maybe Blizzard is not the right company for you? :)

Other games that overlook the things Blizzard does not in regards to "player defects" put out garbage games. I've tried out 4 other MMOs over the last 6 years and the resulting experience when players were allowed to be outright crappy to other players with no drawbacks was always enough to remind me that WoW has ALWAYS been the better game.

All right, I am fine with hiding it, but if you go in and get the final boss done, the program should automatically know you have completed the final boss and the next event should be either a fresh run or for a boss you have not yet done.

Plain and simple. I have never minded going in 2/3 at the start, just do not force me to do that multiple times please.

This is how the system has always worked -- you are always put in preference for a fresh run after doing a half-run, it's been like this since Dragon Soul.
11/29/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Tipsyturtle
I hope somebody fixes that add on so that I don't ever have to join a LFR with any bosses down.

If nobody ever joined an LFR with bosses down, most every LFR group you joined would fall apart after the first or second boss because you can't get replacements.
To explain why we made the change, let’s go back to the problem everyone was experiencing before. Let’s say a fresh LFR group is put together, they get two bosses down, and then wipe a few times on the third and lose 10 people who think they’re too cool for wiping. Now the group is down to 15, waiting for 10 new people, the queue eventually pops for those 10, and most of them see 2/6 and hit cancel. The raid still isn't full, the matchmaker has to go looking again for more people, and meanwhile as time ticks on people from the original run are getting more frustrated. Maybe a few of them leave, and then there’s even more spots to fill. Plenty of times everyone just gives up and the entire run falls apart, all those people are back in the queue, and they’ll be-damned if they join an in-progress run to fall apart again!

I definitely see why this was added but I think you guys addressed this the wrong way.

My suggestion would be to consider a bonus for joining a LFR that's already in progress (maybe it's some extra VP, maybe it's a loot bag at the end with a piece of gear, etc). Basically I think it "feels" better for players to be enticed into an LFR that's already in progress than to trick them into joining it by removing the ability to tell if it's already in progress.

Yep, as I said. I'd LOOOOOOVE to queue with you, if you can't even tell what the heck is wrong with your stance on this issue. (Pfft.)

I hear Skyrim has no queue times. You should check it out.
I'm sorry, but based on the post he quoted, you deserved that response. You basically said "As a Healer, if I join a partial LFR I engage in a series of sociopathic behaviors, like going on auto-follow and only healing myself in hopes of being kicked".

So yeah, openly stating that you want to make other players (aka, human beings) miserable is a good indication that maybe the MMO genre is not for you. Perhaps playing a FPS and nerd-raging on XBL would be more up your alley, if ruining other people's day is your thing.

Completely not the point. It's actually a good indication of just how to get around the system, and he responded by practically insulting them, instead of discussing the issue. There's literally NO REASON at all to even remotely try when there are no benefits. 99% of the people you get in LFR, you will never see again, and most of the time, the only people talking are people that are a-holes or people just trolling. That's not really the core of the MMO anyway, so it doesn't really matter how much of a social butterfly, or how incredibly kind and nice you are in that group. That's half the damn problem with LFR anyway, and why people want in and out as quickly as possible.