Destro raiding is awesome?

Warlock
Tbh, I run destro most of the time, but affliction is my OFFSPEC, because its better on certain fights, like will and feng.

Imo, destro is better on elegon then affliction. The only reason its not parsed at the top is because all the top guilds are min/maxers, so if affliction is supposed to be the "top spec" then that's what they are gonna be.

Even if those players were to switch to destro to see, they would have to change their gear in reforging and gemming, and then learn a whole different playstyle, so IMO, they won't even try.

The changes of spec have differences too in how you encounter a boss and when to multidot or havoc, or when to use embers compared to soul shards. Why change when you are already at the top. I've beaten many affliction players with similar gear.
Unless you're in a top raiding guild run what you enjoy.

It's a game.

Have fun.
Unless you're in a top raiding guild run what you enjoy.

It's a game.

Have fun.
I love Destro with all of my heart but it can't keep up with Affliction even on its best day. Granted I run Destro anyway but w/e.

Also, Destro is way far behind my Monk's WW dps. He consistently does 66-80k while my Warlock at most does 60k. I know I'm doing both rotations well and they both have the same ilvl. /shrug

Huh, so I guess you're not a robot, and might be better, or terrible worse, at certain specs then others.

Go figure.
Destro AoE is more than just Rain of Fire...you have Fire and Brimstone working with Immolate/Conflag/Incinerate/Curses also which pushes it much higher than SoC spam as Affliction in my experience.
11/30/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Somewhat
Imo, destro is better on elegon then affliction. The only reason its not parsed at the top is because all the top guilds are min/maxers, so if affliction is supposed to be the "top spec" then that's what they are gonna be.

Is rain of fire higher dps than corruption and seed spam? That's mostly what's relevant for a warlock fighting Elegon.

Even if those players were to switch to destro to see, they would have to change their gear in reforging and gemming, and then learn a whole different playstyle, so IMO, they won't even try.

Right, of course nobody will reforge and regem in the middle of a farm run...

What i do for orbs is right before end cast I throw down RoF. And then havoc elegon and one shot the orb. When havoc is down, I RoF, fire and brimstone, immolate, then kill my orb.works very well.
Destruction is more than fine for high end raiding, don't let people who say "well X spec is parsing higher on X fight so why gimp yourself?" Play whatever spec YOU feel more comfortable with, if you're forced to play a spec you aren't familiar with or comfortable with, you are not only going to probably do less damage but you won't be having fun either...No point in raiding or playing this game if you're forced to do something you don't like :P

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Andorhal/kodyxoxo/
(scroll down to World of Logs)

If you'll look, you can literally raid as any spec on any fight you want and do perfectly fine, it's just whatever you feel suits you best. I was on par for beating both Demo and Affliction on Heroic Wind Lord on multiple attempts before people marched into Bombs and wiped the raid. That was with doing the fight correctly and single targeting adds when needed.

So play any spec you are most comfortable with!
if you want to see an example of how well destruction can do, check out this guy.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Z%C3%BBmzum/simple

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/illidan/z%C3%BBmzum/

http://www.wow-heroes.com/
If you want to cheese meters and know how to play destro, destro will one-up affl on fights that can be AoE cheesed with mannoroth's fury, such as Amber-shaper, Shek'zeer, etc..but any fights with no aoe to be squeezed out, affliction will rise victorious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KaRFw5Olk

^^ is a good example of cheesing DPS with destro. :D.
Cheesing implies ignoring fight mechanics / raid leader calls just to pad meters, he did everything correctly in that video lol.
11/30/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Kodyxoxo
Cheesing implies ignoring fight mechanics / raid leader calls just to pad meters, he did everything correctly in that video lol.

I didn't say he didn't respect mechanics, but mannoroth's fury AoEing the entire fight is in my opinion, just blah and kind of dps whoring :P, but obviously not going to knock him, one of the better warlocks in the game and definitely shows what they have to offer, I most certainly couldn't hold a candle to him.
I respect your opinion, but that is just how the spec works...Doing anything different than he did would have resulted in a loss in dps and adds dying slower, plus he was Havoc'ing off CD on the Constructs :P
11/30/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Kodyxoxo
I respect your opinion, but that is just how the spec works...Doing anything different than he did would have resulted in a loss in dps and adds dying slower, plus he was Havoc'ing off CD on the Constructs :P

I'll have to give destruction a try someday on a farm night, though I thoroughly enjoy affliction on single target and demo on aoe fights(Wind lord/amber-shaper), just feels right for whatever reason :P.
Yeah the only real way that could be called Cheesing was if the adds didn't need to die and he was using AoE to pad up his DPS score for no reason.

Since the adds needed to die it's not really cheesing, it's part of the mechanics of the fight, it simply makes Destro a more effective spec for that encounter.