Demonic Flight

Warlock
I hope this isn't too much to ask for, and I'd love to see ideas tossed around on the forums; maybe Blizzard will hear our plea. What if Warlocks got a flight form. Think about it. Druids have it and its always been a trademark for them, but now monks have it too. The druid shapeshifts into a bird, I get that. The monk flies on a cloud....okay? I think it would be awesome to have a "Meta form-esque" flight form. We're the class that would make the most sense in my opinion. A flying full Meta form would be sweet, but maybe just some wings like Dark Apotheosis. I don't know. Just a thought. What do you guys think?
Being able to fly in Metamorphosis form like Illidan would be. AMAZING.

Even just in DA would be cool but the full Meta flight would be awesome. Have you been in meta while levitating?
Great idea, but as much of a pain it's been to get green fire, I doubt anything like that would ever happen.
YES. Flight would be freaking awesome on either DA or Meta, and it does make sense, since we'd be in some semi-demon form... Although I bet Bilzz will make some excuse to not give it to us.
This would be so sick if Blizzard did this.
Also, the cloud is a mount that everyone can get, if those are the same ones you're talking about. And we DO get our own class mount, fel/dreadsteed.

Flight form sounds too far fetched considering Blizz has basically hated warlocks for a long time now. The only thing I'd see being a possibility is if we got a flying mount equivalent to dread/felsteed. But then....Those filthy Paladins would undoubtably cry for one too, and they'd of course get it, and maybe even an angelic flight form just for fun as well, since Blizzard nurses them like a gentle caring mother.

Why must you neglect the us mother?!
I've always thought each class should have a unique flying mount or flight form. I would also love a big quest line to unlock the form/mount, much like the old paladin, druid, and warlock mount quests.
@Bazuul I'm referring to the Glyph of Zen Flight for Monks.

@Fielton No I haven't been in DA with levitate but I'll definitely check it out! Haha.

As far as staying on topic goes though, I think all classes getting a class specific mount wouldn't be the worst thing. As of now the few class mount wielders hold a slight edge over other classes as far as appealing to a new player goes. Anyway...

Green fire and Demon flight plox!!!
Zen Flight is now worthless. Sigh.
Warlock's do not need a flight form, it does not go with the lore. Yes that are humanish with wings but that is in the game. If you really want i flight form get zen flight and glyph of demon hunting. Now you have you flight form.
Why is Zen Flight pointless?
12/02/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Medgitwar
Warlock's do not need a flight form, it does not go with the lore. Yes that are humanish with wings but that is in the game. If you really want i flight form get zen flight and glyph of demon hunting. Now you have you flight form.

First off, you can't get Zen Flight and Demon Hunting on the same char. Duh.

Second off, it doesn't need to be instant. Put in a 1.5 second animation of the warlock transforming into demon form that syncs with an interruptable cast just like a normal mount. Only difference is aethetics.

Why is Zen Flight pointless?

Breaks on damage. Given the fact that it's only 60% speed (level 20 land mount speed), and no longer even has the flight-form-esque advantage of being able to snipe quest and profession nodes without fighting off mobs, it's pretty close to useless. Just good for saving yourself from fall damage, really.
i like the idea of giving deadstead the ability to fly and leave a trail of fire like it does on water
I think a flight form would be to much to ask xP
However i can totally understand something like a slow fall when were in demon form, or something like a goblin glider to glide around while were in the air xD
Would be better to spend the time doing something better. Unless they create another Meta, so they could include the flying animation on it. Which would be cool. A female model would really welcome (please, don't come with that androgynous stuff, that's purple-Illidan, unless you're saying that by looking at him you question yourself if he is really a guy, then no). Either way, the current model would look really lame flying.

Anyways, The flying might be limited due their size. But on other hand, we have elephants like Deathwing flying around... so the logic was broken already.

Also, how would it work? Meta is a combat form. If we could fly by using it, we would either be able to fly in combat or everytime we got in combat = ground. I don't think it would work well at all. And another form just to fly? Even less. We aren't like druids turning into a specific creature, as if we could turn into different types.

12/02/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Eldreden
i like the idea of giving deadstead the ability to fly and leave a trail of fire like it does on water

That is perfectly viable.

12/02/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Cootiesqt
slow fall when were in demon form

Far better than the meteor.

"Oh look! I'm alive!"
/gets hit by random mob
/instantly dead
"Shi-!"
Also, how would it work? Meta is a combat form. If we could fly by using it, we would either be able to fly in combat or everytime we got in combat = ground. I don't think it would work well at all. And another form just to fly? Even less. We aren't like druids turning into a specific creature, as if we could turn into different types.

I'd actually be a fan of taking the meta wings, making them larger and more translucent, and tacking them onto caster form (similar to the DA wings, except larger and more animated). Then we can simply fly around in caster form with those wings. Spawning the wings would work just like a mount, 1.5 second cast (with appropriate animation of the wings growing from our back), interruptable on attack and not usable in combat, so we're not talking flight form here. Make it work exactly like a mount except visually.
I've been singing this song for the past few years now. And it would be a wonderful counterpart to the druid's flight form. Not to mention it wouldn't take much effort, seeing as how Metamorphosis already has a flying animation (cast Levitate on a lock in Meta form and watch the wings flap :P)
11/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Bazuul
Blizz has basically hated warlocks for a long time now.

Of course they do. They fired the warlock dev because he tried to buff us this patch.