5.1 - Not so easy old raids...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Not really....they didnt change so much the mechanics on BWD and now we can solo, same with viscidius......

They just adjust it....
11/30/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Vreivai
Then don't stand in Death and Decay durr.

Problem seems to be less of "don't stand in it" and more of "the edge, it's not where it looks like it is".

It got me a few times when I was duoing it. My monitor says I'm outside the graphic.. but it still killed me. WTF.
Patchwerk killed me twice in Naxx, other than that it was cake. ICC was fine until ship battle, need at least 2. Tried Ruby Sanctum, which was easy until you jump on the little dragon then I died, haven't tried it again. Vault of Archavon was easy did it on 25 heroic with my wife, wiped on the ice guy dude though, so switched it to an easier one and killed him, no mount in there.
11/30/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Reshaari
Then don't stand in Death and Decay durr.

Problem seems to be less of "don't stand in it" and more of "the edge, it's not where it looks like it is".

It got me a few times when I was duoing it. My monitor says I'm outside the graphic.. but it still killed me. WTF.

Personally, I don't think that's much of a concern. Just overestimate what you think it is. Plus, if you read about the fights on sites, they usually indicate exactly what you need to know, despite it not visually showing in-game.
Just attempted Viscidus again and he did shatter this time and died. So it is confirmed that they hotfixed him again. Barely got it but it was definitly lowered.

Edit: Also I happen to be on when a friend was doing Karazhan for Tier he said Medvih does cheat a bit more but he is still soloable in the chess event. I might go try him later for fun since I rarely had trouble with that.
Atm Karazhan is not able to be soloed. The chess event is bugged.

He moves his pieces twice as quick now, spams bloodlust and cheats more.

I really with they'd remove the door... people who want loot from chess can bash away at it, but people who just want loot/achievements from Prince could skip it
I cleared Black Temple last night for the first time and rather enjoyed it. Is it possible for me, at 90, in my gear, to solo Sunwell?

The bows in there are items I really want!

Hard? Easy? Possible? Not possible?

Suggestions?
For a Hunter probably not that hard, maybe want to skip Kalec though.

Hyjal Summit - 0 nerfs there, death and decay still destroy everything, but i only give it one try

I know I was able to do Hyjal, but only because I'm a ranged with a pet to get past that part. The other problem was the Pit Lord boss applies an instant kill debuff. I've managed to kill him twice with 1 second left on the debuff before I die.

He doesn't apply it if you dismiss your pet.
Just confirming that is possible now for a Brewmaster Monk to solo every raid boss and bosses leading up to them that drop pets.

9/12 Raid Pets so far.

Will have to wait unless I manage to sneak a few other characters at Viscidus.
Oh this thread again....
Quit acting like Blizz NEEDS to change old content that was designed for 25-40 people because you can't solo it now. Either change your strategy, reroll a class that can solo it, or *gasp* make a friend in game who will help you.

Good job not reading the thread, find someplace else to troll.
There wasnt a "nerf" to old raider. Nor should there ever be.

Its OLD, NON CURRENT, content. Meaning that it shouldnt be looked at again unless there is a clear bug that screws with stuff.
Shouldn't be looked at again? What about those of us who started playing way late... like Cata

<<-----

Who never had chance to do it when it was current and can't get get a group (guildies or otherwise) to help run it? If your idea is correct, then instead of nerfing them, they should remove them... because they'll never be looked at/used again.

Take 'em out altogether so they're not dangling in my face tempting me with something I'll never have, or nerf em down enough so it is soloable... eventually.
Was able to solo gunship today and the rest of ICC10 up to Dreamwalker after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwVDi3mmSg. Blood Queen was a close kill with 5 sec left before the vampire buff expiring and getting MC.
There wasnt a "nerf" to old raider. Nor should there ever be.

Its OLD, NON CURRENT, content. Meaning that it shouldnt be looked at again unless there is a clear bug that screws with stuff.
Shouldn't be looked at again? What about those of us who started playing way late... like Cata

<<-----

Who never had chance to do it when it was current and can't get get a group (guildies or otherwise) to help run it? If your idea is correct, then instead of nerfing them, they should remove them... because they'll never be looked at/used again.

Take 'em out altogether so they're not dangling in my face tempting me with something I'll never have, or nerf em down enough so it is soloable... eventually.

can't get get a group (guildies or otherwise) to help run it

Not a valid excuse. You can.
with the hot fixes there isn't a boss i cannot solo on my ret pally or my blood dk in MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx, BT.

i feel some classes may not still be able to do these fights.
For the D&D boss in Hyjal, sprint away and be really quick to do so. Also pull him fairly close to Jaina so she and the guards near the tower will help you. I was able to solo him at 85 on a druid and I'm not that great so I imagine with practice you'll get it down.

I'm going to try some of the other bosses that hold pets this weekend just to see how far I can get. I haven't been to Naxx in a long time so we'll see how it goes.

For the hunter asking about Sunwell: Kill the trash mob "Slayers" first, they will hit you for a large % of HP every few seconds. A lot of the trash can be skipped. Haven't been there in a long time either but I remember the Slayers will kill you quickly. I don't think you can solo Kalec but sometimes you can just run past him and he'll reset so you can ignore him.

<<-----

can't get get a group (guildies or otherwise) to help run it

Not a valid excuse. You can.

Don't forget the possibility to level a class that can solo it easier (or at all).
I solo'd Kara yesterday, Chess event seemed fine to me. It was odd how easily I defeated most of the bosses since Kara was my first true raiding experience back in BC.