[Balance] Brawl'gar Arena; Field Guide

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
well i finally got my battletron today and then of course meatball was like fighting a lvl 5 or 6, but im gonna guess with battletron being so hard on me ill wait till some others show how they got the rank 8s on a boomkin
12/02/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Cyous
I'll finish up Rank 8 later today; I plan to sugarcoat it with some videos (if possible, some of these may be third-person; some may be first-person.)

I lied: I took a nap and had raid shortly after. Promise to write the Rank 8 stuff before the reset. Unlikely to make videos at this time, though.
Just need Rank 8 Moonkin POV/3PV videos -- Rank 8 type-up is done ^_^
Not enough sticky in here...

Anywho, I spotlightedededed you. So there.

Also why is my avatar still wearing that horrendous helm? I xmog'd it.

Also, also, I spent around 2 hours watching people brawl last night. I think I might buy an invite soon. Looks fun.
Not enough sticky in here...

Anywho, I spotlightedededed you. So there.

Also why is my avatar still wearing that horrendous helm? I xmog'd it.

Also, also, I spent around 2 hours watching people brawl last night. I think I might buy an invite soon. Looks fun.

If you get stuck, it's the most frustrating thing in the world
Would've been fine without the overly unnecessary stealth buff to Battletron.
12/03/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Rueful
Would've been fine without the overly unnecessary stealth buff to Battletron.

They buffed/nerfed a lot of them :(
Well, I got the pass last night and I've been doing fine with all of them but battletron.
Thanks for the write-up, Cyous!

Just a small observation on Proboskus: he actually chooses his abilities (Torrent, Rain Dance) at random, so I would highly recommend Cloak of Shadows as the Symbiosis choice. You cannot use Typhoon or stuns (Maim, Mighty Bash) during Torrent, so if you get Torrent two times in a row, CoS is your only option to survive since Solar Beam will be on cooldown. (Well, you can get lucky with a precisely timed NS+HT crit to heal through it, I suppose.) If you don't have the DPS to burn him before the third special, then CoS or AMS become pretty much mandatory unless you want to game RNG to get 2 Rains and 1 Torrent.
Thanks for the write-up, Cyous!

Just a small observation on Proboskus: he actually chooses his abilities (Torrent, Rain Dance) at random, so I would highly recommend Cloak of Shadows as the Symbiosis choice. You cannot use Typhoon or stuns (Maim, Mighty Bash) during Torrent, so if you get Torrent two times in a row, CoS is your only option to survive since Solar Beam will be on cooldown. (Well, you can get lucky with a precisely timed NS+HT crit to heal through it, I suppose.) If you don't have the DPS to burn him before the third special, then CoS or AMS become pretty much mandatory unless you want to game RNG to get 2 Rains and 1 Torrent.

That shouldn't be a problem, you can glyph Fae Silence (FFF + Bear Form = Silenced).

Considering he doesn't have much HP at all, Rain Dance is silly-easy to avoid; you'll have an interrupt for every Torrent, as needed; this boss poses no threat beyond Rain Dance, imo.

Updating with a suggested Glyphs and Talents.
I'm currently 3/4 on the rank 8s (got all down but epicus maximus) I've gotten him as low as 1M and I definitely think it's possible with a little luck, I'm contemplating taking heart and going Mooncat on him after the third crush, will continue to try my current build for a bit though, ill hopefully have a video if/when I get it
Just my thoughts - I've done 2/4 (Millhouse and the eye guy. I refuse to levitate glitch disruptron, I'm going to beat it legit or not at all).

Epicus is doable right now, it just requires a little bit of good RNG, and perfect play. Really a simple fight mechanics-wise - dont stand in stuff, and out-range blue crush. The real issue with this fight is trying to maximize dps while bouncing all around the entire map - that just takes a bit of practice I think.

Millhouse was easy - I didn't get perfect spawns at all, but they weren't bad either. The only thing I'd note about millhouse is I used starfall with zero issues. In all my attempts (About 10 or so), starfall never once killed a crystal, EXCEPT the ones I targeted.

The eyeboss took a bit of trying, but here's what made it easy:

Pre-pot, 75 to lunar, with mushrooms already down. Starfall immediately, 1 wrath into lunar, astral storm (Dancing out of the eyebeam, pop mushrooms and 2nd starfall on the move) spam until dead. That took about 25 seconds or so. After that it was just 1 full cycle through eclipse, and pop all CDs once I hit my next lunar.

Now the real trick to the fight: I can't speak for the alliance arena, but in the horde arena at least: Look at the map from where you zone out (After the fight, where the food vendor is). There are 2 grates, and a path in the middle. At the bottom edge of that pathway almost directly between the 2 grates is a safe spot. (Technically you have to ever so slightly edge left or right to avoid getting hit, but its easy enough that you can see it before you move there). Now, on the right side grate, notice how there are bolts every few steps. Look at the 2nd bolt in. If you stand right on top of that 2nd bolt in, nothing ever passes through that spot.

Essentially I simply danced between that 2nd bolt, and the center area back and forth the entire fight. Since the 2 spots are only a few steps from each other, you can easily make the move during a SS proc or dot application, resulting in basically 0 lost dps. Once i got the timing down, I beat the fight with plenty of time left on the enrage.

For battletron, I completely ignored the fight mechanics. I stood still the entire fight - during his first set of explosions, I used just barkskin. That, plus NV being up was enough to keep me alive through it and eventually healed me to full while he re-summoned. the next set, i used NS+HT and a rejuv - again, enough to top me off. (I might have still had a bit of splash NV left). Third set I used unending resolve+Healthstone. Fourth set, Barkskin+rejuv+HT. Fifth set, NS+HT,rejuv. I believe he was dead by then, it was a while ago so I don't fully remember, but if there were any after that, I would have just rejuv+HTx2 to keep myself up. I can say I killed him post-buff, so this strat is still viable.

For disruptron, I'm not entirely convinced it's possible in current gear. (Levitate glitching aside). If anyone has managed to kill it legit, I'd like to know what you did. I'm pretty sure you'd have to be running heavy crit and relying on SS procs though.
Kosars you have all 496 - 502 -- considering every comment in the forums about Battletron is that it is entirely a gear check, your "post-buff strat" that you simply cut-and-pasted from other postings is irrelevant and completely pointless.

Here's a witty rejoinder for ya: higher level gear in every slot has a great deal more stamina and armor and does substantially more dps due to every dmg multiplier. Or did you think standing in one spot was a skill check?
wow. presumptuous much?

I wasn't giving a "post-buff strat". I was stating how I beat it, and then noting that I did it post-buff, thus it's something that's still possible if you have the gear. Pre-buff, almost anyone could do it that way, but at that point it was irrelevent since the DPS check was so forgiving and you didn't need as much to survive it since there were less waves overall.

My entire POINT was that it's fully possible to stand still and just eat all the damage. I'm sorry if I'm not the first to say this, truly. From now on I will check every single post in every single thread to make sure someone else didn't say what I was thinking first, lest I be accused of cutting and pasting.

or you know, you could just get the stick out of your !@#.
K, so, this stuff is a lot of fun. Got in a few days ago and been slowly moving up (slowly because I don't have a lot of time. Boggled by the person above who said he got his pass last night and is already at battletron).

I think I had just hit rank 6 last night when I decided it was bed time, but so far the hardest one for me was the cat that hits harder as his health goes down. Think I got him on the 3rd try. Wiped once on the big dude with the instadeath frontal cone cause I wasn't standing far enough inside his hitbox. But that's it. Everything else so far has been so easy. I'm scared for battletron =\

I also always have this guide open while I'm at the arena :D
12/05/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Kosars
Millhouse was easy - I didn't get perfect spawns at all, but they weren't bad either. The only thing I'd note about millhouse is I used starfall with zero issues. In all my attempts (About 10 or so), starfall never once killed a crystal, EXCEPT the ones I targeted.

Wait wait...Starfall isn't hitting the Crystals now? If that's the case, it's a joke of a fight. (Zoomkins, Bushino, and myself were only missing ~5-8mil damage) without it (3-5 days ago).
Wait wait...Starfall isn't hitting the Crystals now? If that's the case, it's a joke of a fight. (Zoomkins, Bushino, and myself were only missing ~5-8mil damage) without it (3-5 days ago).

see: here's the thing. I don't know. I definitely used starfall, and i definitely got full stacks with no problems. I also did it about 3 days ago. Maybe they changed it, or maybe I just have a magical starfall that ignores crystals. I know zoomkins had mentioned they were breaking crystals for him at one point, and I was pretty surprised then, since I had never experienced this.

Even *IF* starfall doesn't hit them, you're still a bit beholden to the rng gods for placement - you don't need perfect placement at all, but I had a good number of attempts where it was absolutely awful - entire fights where they'd spawn opposite sides. But yes, it is mostly a joke of a fight.
12/05/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Kosars
Even *IF* starfall doesn't hit them, you're still a bit beholden to the rng gods for placement - you don't need perfect placement at all, but I had a good number of attempts where it was absolutely awful - entire fights where they'd spawn opposite sides. But yes, it is mostly a joke of a fight.

Agreed, but Starfall makes a huge difference, sorta telling a Mage to never use Combustion, to that degree. With that said, every time I used Starfall, Crystals were killed. Having the first set of crystals, be ideal would give most of us a kill. Having ideal spawns every time would be great, but you need to soak 2/3 for a good 30sec to reach 100 stacks asap. And really, this fight is mostly getting to 100 stacks asap.
Hi there! I finally got 4/4 rares down last night, with Epicus Maximus Death Shark Dino Undead Guitarist extraordinaire being my last hurdle. I just wanted to give a shoutout to this thread for helping me on my way with some strats, and also share my thoughts/strats/rants about Rank 8 fights.

Two quick notes. I suggest always setting up for one fight at a time during rank 8, and not trying to have a catch-all setup for everyboss. Get your looks in and work on mechanics on the fights you're not pushing on, but don't expect a kill. Also, my gear is pretty decent, and I'd say much less than what I have is going to give you some serious trouble.

Zen'shar
For me, this fight was all about getting the small eyes down fast enough so i could start putting damage on Zen'shar himself in time for the enrage. I decided to setup for this fight alone, which I would suggest for all these fights. I started out in solar, rather than 75 to solar, placed mushrooms, blew them as soon as the fight spawned, starfalled, and started hurricaning. This got the eyes down quickly, and let me immediately go into zen'shar fully eclipsed. By the time I got to lunar, my ICDs were coming back, I blew my cooldowns and went to town. It should be noted, this fight is made significantly easier by standing in between the 2 grates, and simply moving back and forth when purple spawns. Directly in between the 2 grates appears to be a safe spot from lasers.

This fight will probably be your easiest kill as balance.

Millhouse Manastorm
Perhaps the most RNG of the Rank RNG fights. This fight is all about getting to 100 stacks as quickly as possible. If you're not getting a spawn you can soak 2/3 totems with in the first few spawns, you most likely will not hit enrage. With that said, this fight is the easiest of all the fights to maximize your dps on(disruptron cheesing not included). Start 75 lunar, and go through your rotation just like normal, but DO NOT pop cooldowns until you get back into lunar with at least 90 stacks. On my kill, I got fantastically lucky and soaked 4 totems at the beginning, killing millhouse before fire even came under the floor. This fight is just all about getting enough attempts in to get good rng, then executing. One thing to be careful of once you're a large size is ensuring you are actually in the totems you think you are(I had friends in vent let me know if I was borking it up).

In my experience, Starfall was not killing totems as of saturday. With Starfall usable, this will likely be the 2nd fight you kill, depending on your luck.

Disruptron
This fight will either be your easiest or hardest, depending on your moral standing. If you want to cheese it, grab levitate before you get in there, stand in the safe spot, and dps a target dummy. If you don't get levitated, good luck. I gave it 30+ pulls without levitate and couldn't even come close. The best attempt without levitate was around 20%, and that was with fantastic dps rng. I finally gave in and levitated, one shot it before fire even came to the floor. If you plan on doing it the right way, you need to work to maximize your casts. Things like jumping over 2 beams at a corner, eating a disc if you know you can take it and heal up with a renewal, etc will all maximize your dps.

This was the hardest fight for me without levitate, and the easiest when I got it.

Epicus Maximus
This is far and away my favorite fight of the brawler's guild. Not only are you fighting a giant shark with a laser on its head, an undead guitarist is riding a dinosaur riding that shark. How awesome is that?!? This is also a fight that is legitimately difficult, but not particularly reliant on RNG. If you die to this boss(assuming he doesn't cast his abilities out of order like he does 5% of the time or so) the only person you have to blame is yourself! And believe me, wipe I did.

This fight revolves around 3 mechanics. The first is the discs that spawn on the ground. Sometimes these will one shot you, sometimes they won't even damage you, however it's not a great idea to hope and pray it doesn't kill you. The second mechanic is the laser of death. Do not stand in the laser of death. I'll talk about how I dealt with that in a bit. The 3rd mechanic is the blue crush. Now, this is perhaps the most annoying of all the abilities for moonkins, as we only have one interrupt per minute. He is supposed to do his blue crush directly after his laser beam of death finishes, however sometimes he moves a bit or casts them out of order. If you get hit by the channel of the blue crush, you will take massive damage and be knocked back.

Discs--This mechanic is what makes the dps check of the fight so difficult. You must avoid discs, and also maximize your casting time. What you want to do is recognize when you have time to finish a cast(disc has just spawned or is not yet red) and when you need to move. Spending 1-2 seconds casting in a disc, then cancelling because you have to move is a bad habit that needs to be avoided.

Laser Beam of Death--This is perhaps the easiest mechanic to deal with as moonkins. What I did was pull the boss into a corner, dps until the laser beam came out, and wild charge directly towards the opposite corner of the room. This not only got me out of clusters of discs, it meant I didn't have to move for the laser beam at all. I would strongly suggest trying wild charge, although feline swiftness is also usable.

Blue Crush--This mechanic is simply annoying. As a moonkin, you must outrange it when solar beam is down(glyphed FFF is a dps loss you can't afford, as well as requiring you to interrupt EXTREMELY precisely so as not to take a tick of the channel). With my laser beam strategy, I was not only out of range of the laser, I was out of range of the blue crush. I tried not to use solar beam unless absolutely necessary, as occasionally he will move closer to you before he casts blue crush, in which case an interrupt is required. You will learn to feel out the safe range for blue crush and be able to avoid it nicely.

This fight was easily the hardest for me out of any fight in brawler's guild(to be fair, disruptron was a target dummy) and required fantastic dps as well as good awareness. The most important part for me was just getting comfortable with the fight so I could do as much dps as possible.

Good luck everyone, hope you enjoy the brawler's guild as much as I have!
Got Battetron and then level 8 three hours ago with 489 ilevel. Reforged entirely to crit and mastery (no longer so) and used the two crit trinks (Jade Magistrate Figurine and Blossom of Pure Snow) -- so had massive crit procs for nearly thirty seconds per minute.

Would love to say any skill was involved, but just kept queuing until rng aligned and got lucky. Blizz needs to change this to a skill fight, or give booms symbiosis with shamans for a high uptime spiritwalker's grace (which my resto form already uses constantly with tranquility).