Well? Fire Mages.

Mage
I have to work way too hard with Fire to get a barely respectable number. I don't have to be as on pace with Arcane to pull great numbers. A lot of investment for little return. I love fire, and have since Vanilla, but it's just not fun to play right now. For everything Fire has to manage, it should be giving me DPS at least as high as Arcane.

The end of Wrath was great for Fire because your crit rate was over 50% and it was fun to keep hitting that Pyroblast button. After the nerf, I have way too many things to manage and I don't have anything to show for it.

It's just one of those times.
I have to work way too hard with Fire to get a barely respectable number. I don't have to be as on pace with Arcane to pull great numbers. A lot of investment for little return. I love fire, and have since Vanilla, but it's just not fun to play right now. For everything Fire has to manage, it should be giving me DPS at least as high as Arcane.

The end of Wrath was great for Fire because your crit rate was over 50% and it was fun to keep hitting that Pyroblast button. After the nerf, I have way too many things to manage and I don't have anything to show for it.

It's just one of those times.

Maybe Blizzard should just balance Fire around a crit rate over 50%. At least that way the spec would be fun to play from level 1 to max and not only when you get a high enough crit rate. Having a crit rate over 50% would also mean crit is devalued for the spec and mastery goes up.
Anyways, back to the topic. Elpadlol posted these parses earlier. I see everyone has skipped over them in favor of the Heroic Mode Pity Party, but take a look at them.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6t2jq1g7avverjwv/dashboard/?enc=kills

Anyone else that has decent logs, please post them.
Anyways, back to the topic. Elpadlol posted these parses earlier. I see everyone has skipped over them in favor of the Heroic Mode Pity Party, but take a look at them.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6t2jq1g7avverjwv/dashboard/?enc=kills

Anyone else that has decent logs, please post them.

His pyroblast had a 45.3% crit rate, 41.7% pyro dot, and his fireball had a 40.7% crit rate. Good parse, but those crit numbers are high. According to askmrrobot he should have about a 39% crit rate when CM is factored with Int flask ant Int food, so both his Pyro and Fireball are being over-represented. Looking at some of his other damage sources combustion was running a 33.1% crit rate, Living Bomb explosion was 33.5%, Living Bomb DoT 34.1%. All of his crits were over-represented by over 2%, over 6% in the case of Pyroblast. Not a comment on his skill, but that was very good RNG.

*EDIT* There may be a problem with my askmrrobot. Its underrepresenting my personal crit by about 2%, so that parse might not be as RNG as I thought.
His pyroblast had a 45.3% crit rate, 41.7% pyro dot, and his fireball had a 40.7% crit rate. Good parse, but those crit numbers are high. According to askmrrobot he should have about a 39% crit rate when CM is factored with Int flask ant Int food, so both his Pyro and Fireball are being over-represented. Looking at some of his other damage sources combustion was running a 33.1% crit rate, Living Bomb explosion was 33.5%, Living Bomb DoT 34.1%. All of his crits were over-represented by over 2%, over 6% in the case of Pyroblast. Not a comment on his skill, but that was very good RNG.

Which could very well be, but he did it on all 6 bosses in the parses, which leads me to believe it was more than "luck".
12/08/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Batar

Which could very well be, but he did it on all 6 bosses in the parses, which leads me to believe it was more than "luck".

Could be. Could be just a good night. Who knows, really. That was just what stood out to me compared to what askmrrobot was telling me. Those crit numbers seem high though when the high geared mages lost 8% crit and he's still pulling a 45% pyro crit chance. It seems very high. It'll be interesting to see if this is consistent across other mages (I've been watching the raid bots median DPS over the last few days). Slightly higher crit than on your character page should be expected though, given crit from Int on trinket procs. I just wasn't expecting 45%.