Best mage bomb?

Mage
Right now, I'm having a blast leveling with frost bomb on single target fights/quests. But are either of the other bombs better?
your face is better

<AHEM> (adjusts tie)
sorry old habit

frost bomb is the best bomb by far
Frost bomb is best bomb!
Nether Tempest for single target, Living Bomb for 2-4 targets, Frost Bomb for 5+ targets. That being said the difference is pretty small no matter which one you choose.
12/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Mahourai
Nether Tempest for single target, Living Bomb for 2-4 targets, Frost Bomb for 5+ targets. That being said the difference is pretty small no matter which one you choose.

This..... for PVE dps.

Except that if you're using the Elegon trinket with a non-fire spec, forget frost bomb. That trinket procs of dot ticks, and frost bomb only has 1 tick per cast. Not enough to reliably proc the trinket.

For PVP, frost bomb is probably the best as it hits the hardest and has a snare.
12/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Mahourai

I dunno what Nether Tempest you're smoking, but NT is pretty good for 5+ targets. Just apply it to all of em and watch the multiplier effect. Add a blizzard to it for better numbers.
12/05/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Notashammy
Right now, I'm having a blast leveling with frost bomb on single target fights/quests. But are either of the other bombs better?

You're questing and leveling. Thus, mobs are freezable. Frostbomb is best in all situations.

frostbolt frostbomb petfreeze frostbolt fireblast (glyphed).
12/05/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Cosmos

I dunno what Nether Tempest you're smoking, but NT is pretty good for 5+ targets. Just apply it to all of em and watch the multiplier effect. Add a blizzard to it for better numbers.

We're talking about what produces the best numbers, not the most impressive visual. Spending 5 gcds to apply 5 Nether Tempests is a terrible use of your time, and following it up with Blizzard only moreso.
12/05/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Mahourai

We're talking about what produces the best numbers, not the most impressive visual. Spending 5 gcds to apply 5 Nether Tempests is a terrible use of your time, and following it up with Blizzard only moreso.

Not on trash it isn't.

Not on trash it isn't.

Yes it is. The numbers for applying multiple Nether Tempests are inferior to one Frost Bomb on multiple targets in any number.

Considering you have only fought trash in a raid this tier I might take your word for it though.
12/05/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Mahourai
Yes it is. The numbers for applying multiple Nether Tempests are inferior to one Frost Bomb on multiple targets in any number.

This is true. If i happen to have it up on trash. I apply it, fire blast, nova, CoC, AE, repeat. If youre arcane clear the stacks you get from AE whenever.

For the biggest boom boom on AOE. I Cast Frost bomb then use nova and glyphed CoC, followed up by Ice ward on the tank 1 sec before bomb goes off. Bad things happen when you do this in LFR.