Bus Shock! The state of ENH PVP in 5.1

Arenas
Vanilla will know what I'm talking about : ]

Anyways, I just wanted to say how absurdly pathetic playing ENH pvp is right now. I get globaled by almost every class (except rogues lol). Which is funny, because rogues used to be the one class I could not deal with in prior expansions.

Shamanistic rage damage reduction isn't doing anything at all to keep me alive. In random battlegrounds if I am even spotted by 2 people, and it doesnt matter how good or bad they are, I'm dead. I have absolutely no way of surviving any type of damage. Even stacking stamina and resilience, I am still retardedly squishy. I cannot even compensate for it by healing because that has been nerfed into the toilet. 22k heals cast 3 times and I'm oom. Come on, seriously?

My squishiness is even more compounded by the fact that if I get silenced, I cannot drop a grounding or bulwark or healing tide/stream. So if I'm sitting in a frost nova, or any root effect for that matter, with spirit walk on CD, it's almost a guaranteed death. There is absolutely no way to defend myself!

In arenas, where people time their cc's, I get killed before I even get to PLAY! How is that fun at all? How is it fair? Oh, you might say I'm exaggerating. No. I am not. I have had games where I am completely cc'ed from 100-0% even after popping trinket+defensive cooldowns and/or macros. I've thought about going old-school and making a sword and board shaman macro, but the stats loss of getting a shield with no agility on it is quite profound! The minor damage reduction I would receive would make little to no difference at all.

Now I know my gear isn't the best, but it is decent enough to at least compete (or should be). My stats are not that far off from people with more epics. My weapons suck, but it's kind of hard to get conquest caps up when people refuse to even let me do RBG's with them. They all know ENH is complete trash and doesn't bring anything to the team.

I've tried reforging, regemming, respeccing, and nothing has worked! So I think I'm going to give up and level my shadow priest until Blizzard/Activision does something useful for a change. If there are no plans to fix the state of ENH pvp within the next month, I'm just going to unsub and keep playing league of legends.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Shamguard/pvp#3v3

This is the shaman of R1 player Vanguardy, who mains Ret Paladin and picked up Enh Shaman just this season.

Yes it's an R1 player, but Enh really isn't that bad at all. I would recommend following his gemming/gearing and watching his stream if you need help.

Whats comps have you run this season?

This is the shaman of R1 player Vanguardy, who mains Ret Paladin and picked up Enh Shaman just this season.

Yes it's an R1 player, but Enh really isn't that bad at all. I would recommend following his gemming/gearing and watching his stream if you need help.

if i remember correctly he started losing quite a few games after 5.1 and he is on hiatus until enh gets fixed.
Nothing in weekly matches played, but then again it is Wednesday of the week after the patch. It's not like him to do something like that however. Can anyone confirm if this did/didn't happen?
He was streaming yesterday on his Paladin which he seconded in preference of his Shaman prior to 5.1. Not sure what his plan is now but he was doing pretty good as Warrior/Enh/Paladin with Veev and Zilea. Enh + Warrior have pretty good synergy but most of that is due to cooldown stacking and generally warriors being good.

OP, I play with an Enh shaman in 3s and 90% of the time he's the kill target as I imagine you are too. We've had times where he gets globaled and didn't have time to use his CDs or got smashed even with 2xHoSacs running. That's not an exclusive thing to Shamans tho.
if i remember correctly he started losing quite a few games after 5.1 and he is on hiatus until enh gets fixed.

Literally just said "I think enhance is one of the best specs right now. It's not quite on the level of shadowpriest and mage, but it's just a little below those."

He streams his enhance games all the time.

Ascendance then Stormblasting is like, sweet bajeesus.
That hits hard. :|
My partner with 61% resil got stormshocked for 220k last night

Must be so rough being enhance
Stormbolt is a warrior ability....

Stormshock isn't an ability at all....
I don't really care what it's called, the point stands that enhance is viable and fine
My partner with 61% resil got stormshocked for 220k last night

Must be so rough being enhance

I'd love to see a screenshot of that because my top end stormblast (MH+OH) is 150k in arena provided the target doesn't have any shields or defensive cooldowns up and requires some very lucky RNG.

Anyway, I think our defenses against casters are fine. I generally do very well against spell cleave teams and mages in particular. Its the melee/hunter cleaves that roll over me. Especially ferals and warriors. All the stuns/cc they have plus over the top damage with cooldown stacking is too much.
Roll with a feral druid and faceroll.

You don't. He's been complaining about ret, not enh.
Enhance is really good right now... fits in a lot of cleave comps. Good damage, good utility, overall a good partner.

Warrior/Feral >> Enhance > Ret >>>>> DKs/rogues/monks
12/05/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Chiffley
I don't really care what it's called, the point stands that enhance is viable and fine

Don't tell them that, you'll spoil the kiddies' tempest of frustrations.
You also have to take into consideration that vanguards (imo is one of the best PvP'ers of all) is doing fine as a shammy b/c of the people he is playing with. No disrespect to him but he is getting a little carried as do a lot of r1 alts do. Enh isn't the worst spec out there but to state after 5.1 to be right behind a mage/spriest is a overstatement. Just b/c asendence does retard awesome burst if you get good rng doesn't mean the class shouldn't get def cds. No one is complaining about enh's damage, it's the survivabilty that's the problem.
This being said, can you get high ratings as Enh? Clearly, but it requires some of the best healers out there and sick partners.
Never Invoke Bus Shock unless you really mean it. Theres a thread with a Enh streaming glad level games on the front page already Trox.

Poor Form.
Some interesting points and suggestions. Except for the retard who just said I'm garbage.

I looked up that shaman and I will keep an eye on him to try and learn something. He has the best PVP gear in game though and he is stacking over double my resil!

He uses an ascendace macro just like I do for that huge stormblast burst (orcs ftw). If you time it correctly you can stormstrike+stormblast back to back for epic damage.

I also noted that he doesn't do rated bg's on his shaman, for the same reason I cannot. It just isn't viable.