Shopping for a "Gaming" Desktop

Games, Gaming and Hardware
I'm on the market for a good desktop and I know little about computers. I found this one on Newegg and was hoping someone might be able to surmise if it's as good of a deal as it seems to be
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437
It's the iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE615FX if anyone's familiar with it. The price is right (trying to keep it under $500), and the reviews are pretty sound overall.
I want to get into a lot more PvP in game and I know my little emachine is just gonna crap out if I try anything more than Heroics (I have to run the graphics at the lowest settings). NO MORE! I deserve better so if anyone has some good advice please, do tell.
Graphics card is good for the price, but CPU is poor.
But for $500, pre-built, not a bad starter gaming build.

If you built your own, you can probably get a better build though.
Graphics card is good for the price, but CPU is poor.
But for $500, pre-built, not a bad starter gaming build.

If you built your own, you can probably get a better build though.

Thank you
Price is decent. If you have the technical know-how, you have a lot more room to wiggle with. The 7750 is a decent card for that price but you won't be maxing WoW. If I were in your position, and had the means to do so, I would hold off and save up another $100. It makes a big difference.
12/05/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Liposuction
Price is decent. If you have the technical know-how, you have a lot more room to wiggle with. The 7750 is a decent card for that price but you won't be maxing WoW. If I were in your position, and had the means to do so, I would hold off and save up another $100. It makes a big difference.

I second this emotion.

I want to get into a lot more PvP in game and I know my little emachine is just gonna crap out if I try anything more than Heroics (I have to run the graphics at the lowest settings). NO MORE! I deserve better so if anyone has some good advice please, do tell.

Well, no, it's not a good deal, it's exactly what you would expect to pay for that kind of system. As long as you know it's a budget system going in, and in effect no more than a replacement for your current e-Machine system in terms of what it is built to do, though hopefully with higher baseline performance, I suppose you would possibly be satisfied.

But I think you would be able to do better either building your own or even just putting more money into a system.
Well, short of some good sale somewhere. Which given that it's out of stock on Newegg, and previous generation hardware, I could believe in finding a closeout savings.

Then again, maybe that was NewEgg's closeout price, I can't find it elsewhere except for 100 dollars more which really takes it out.