PS vita or 3DS?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Which one is worth a buy
3DS XL is my preferred system

Vita is nice, but doesn't have a good enough library for me yet and Sony keeps insisting you pay for it's proprietary memory cards so it can charge whatever it wants (which is a lot, btw).
Truthfully, the main reason I bought my Vita was for Persona 4 Golden. Like Karedwyn said, there's not much of a library for it yet, but it does have access to online downloads for games as well (which in turn costs money to upgrade memory cards and whatnot).
As someone who has both, I'd say right now and for a while, it's gotta be the 3DS.
Neither really. I'd say wait a little more before picking up one or the other.

Though Vita is tempting for Persona 4 Golden, the next SMT game is on the 3DS, so... But honestly, the short battery life of BOTH handhelds kinda turns me off. Why be a handheld if your battery life is crap?
3DS. They have Ocarina of Time there.
well here is a question for you;

Do you like nintendo's first party games? really taht is the strongest point about the 3DS. Don't get me wrong its got plenty of other good games, but realistically speaking, people usually buy a nintendo system for the strong first party games from nintendo.

If you don't like zelda, mario, metroid, pokemon, kirby, fire emblem, etc, and are more into games like god of war, uncharted etc, you probably aren't gonna like the 3DS as much.
3DS XL is my preferred system

Vita is nice, but doesn't have a good enough library for me yet and Sony keeps insisting you pay for it's proprietary memory cards so it can charge whatever it wants (which is a lot, btw).

This. It's nice buying a 32GB SD card for $30 compared to the Vita's $100. And as an adult the 3DS has more games I like compared to the Vita's maybe 5. I'll buy a Vita eventually, it just isn't close to being worth the cost right now.
I would avoid anything sony as much as possible so the 3DS.
12/05/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Irøh
3DS. They have Ocarina of Time there.

I already played OoT on my N64 and my sister actually gave me her copy for the Gamecube, so I'm pretty much set on OoT. Upgraded graphics don't do anything for me, unless the 3DS game includes the Master Quest.

well here is a question for you;

Do you like nintendo's first party games? really taht is the strongest point about the 3DS. Don't get me wrong its got plenty of other good games, but realistically speaking, people usually buy a nintendo system for the strong first party games from nintendo.

If you don't like zelda, mario, metroid, pokemon, kirby, fire emblem, etc, and are more into games like god of war, uncharted etc, you probably aren't gonna like the 3DS as much.

Meh, some good games came out for the DS like Devil Survivor and Radiant Historia that were made by third party companies. So I wouldn't completely rule out third party support, but I'd still wait a bit before picking up either of them.