Probably returning to WoW, what class?

New Player Help and Guides
So i quit probably around july of this year.. and decided i think i wanna hop back into WoW and get MoP as well. Now i have no clue on what class i should roll, i already got a 85 pally, priest, a 80 warlock, a 72 DK, a 71 druid ( them my highest toons)

i was considering starting new on moonguard with a level 1 monk ( my home realm is WRA) . But i have no clue what class are sucky now and what class is top notch due to the updates and patches.. So anyone wanna recommend me a few classes and a few reasons why?
But i have no clue what class are sucky now and what class is top notch due to the updates and patches.. So anyone wanna recommend me a few classes and a few reasons why?

They're all doing fine (like within 1% difference between the top performers and the bottom performers), so pick whichever one you want to play. All the griping you see is the people complaining about how the class does in 3rd party simulations that may not be 100% accurate. Either that or people taking one or two experiences and running to the forums complaining that it's not their fault that they suck at their class/spec.

The warrior forums say that warriors are underpowered.
The rogue forums say that rogues are underpowered.
The warlock forums say that warlocks are underpowered.
. . . and on down the line through every class in the game.

The playstyle of the various classes/specs hasn't changed much, just talents and abilities were moved off of the old trees and instead were baked into the spec. Now what's left for you to choose from in the talents are actual choices you can make based on the content you will be facing and your particular playstyle.

The only broad change with the classes is that intellect just grants spellpower and a small smattering of other stats. It no longer scales up your mana pool. So intellect is a closer match to agility and strength now than it used to be.

So, pick whichever class/spec you want to play, they're all good and if you play something you like and are good at, that 1% difference won't matter. In fact you'd probably lose that 1% advantage and more if you pick the FOTM class/spec and it doesn't click with you or you don't really enjoy it.
Well before i stopped playing i was really getting into healing quite a bit...

How are monk spec doing ( in DPS, healing and tanking)

because monk seems pretty fun since i was always a fan of fist weapons and the whole marital art stuff , and monk seems to be all about that

because monk seems pretty fun since i was always a fan of fist weapons and the whole marital art stuff , and monk seems to be all about that

They're doing just fine, like all the others. With the healing abilities available to all three specs, even a DPS monk is hard to kill once you get beyond the beginning stages.

I am enjoying my monk DPS. Though the animations are not so much about weapon strikes as they are about kicks and punches and karate chops. In fact, only during the "jab" ability bit of my rotation do I see my weapons being used. Which, considering my monk has a giant agility staff equipped, looks like I'm bashing them over the head with it.
oh man that's sound exciting !!!.. i was so pump when they announced monks as a new class :)

so how do tanking and healing feel as a monk, cause i'm i guess you can say a veteran in tanking ( tanked with pally,druid,DK, a little with warrior). I know each one don't feel the same... and as for healing i'm just decent since this priest was my first healer but i'm looking forward into getting deep into healing. I never was big on DPS tho
so how do tanking and healing feel as a monk, cause i'm i guess you can say a veteran in tanking ( tanked with pally,druid,DK, a little with warrior). I know each one don't feel the same... and as for healing i'm just decent since this priest was my first healer but i'm looking forward into getting deep into healing. I never was big on DPS tho

No idea. I only melee DPS. Tanking, healing, and ranged specs never appealed to me.
Well before i stopped playing i was really getting into healing quite a bit...

Monk healers are doing very well in raid healing. It can take a bit of getting used to, since mistweavers like to heal from melee range. (although if you have a paladin you're at least somewhat used to this already.) They use a combination of melee attacks to heal through damage and keep up certain self-buffs (similar to disc atonement healing), and channeled healing spells. Plus the healing animations look great!

Brewmaster tanking is new and very active (you have a ton of self-buffs to maintain), but when played well are very sturdy, particularly on fights that are mainly physical damage. I am not sure where windwalkers are compared to other dps.
12/06/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Honorata
I am not sure where windwalkers are compared to other dps.

When I compare my monk's capabilities with how my rogues and warriors did at a similar level (my others are still relative lowbies), she's about on par maybe even a little ahead in certain situations.