Drop rates

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
so i've done 12 bosses, 14 counting sha's on my monk with no drops except gold bags

I realize, sincerely, that it is an RNG system however RNG could result in a really bad luck streak of no drops.

Wouldn't it be preferably to have a slight drop buff that stacks with every no loot boss until you get something and then it resets?

I mean it just feels so crappy to go entirely without loot for two weeks and 14 bosses. Not like the buff has to be huge or anything, just enough to counter bad luck streaks and not waste players' time.

Who does it hurt to give drop rates a slight buff in this manner? It doesn't help anyone getting regular loot, just helps those on a bad streak who are prolly getting pissed at the game eh?

Just my 2 cents. Does anyone feel similarly? (prolly peeps on bad luck streaks lol)

Also some of you have to realize that some players, like me, really have no choice to raid normal/heroic modes due to RL scheduling issues and other conflicts.

EDIT: a lot of readers seem to have missed the first sentence that said this was on monk, not on this DK who is in lots of pvp gear. Monk is actually 23-0 now. I have zero desire to do pve on this dk.

Since it was seemingly impossible to get 470 unlocked from LFR on my monk, I spent a bunch of gold on some epics and a CQ pvp item for the monk to unlock the remaining bosses in LFR. Still zero loot but hopefully it will improve now that he can do double the amount of bosses per week.

Just saying that raiding is supposed to be a viable way to gear up and it seems like this system could result in raiding, despite killing every boss every week, not getting you geared up. My personal issue with it, is that it doesn't feel productive, feels like a waste of time, and could be enhanced for a better gameplay experience.

I did tillers, cloud serpent and now dominance offensive. Don't have enough time to do other dailies on my monk especially since he has to do a 5 man every day. Some of ya talk like RL free time is in unlimited supply.
Random loot is random.
I've gone 3 weeks with absolutely 0 loot.
Last week I got 2pc tier items for my OS and MS.
All random and a little luck
Loot system is fine, 14 bosses with no loot isnt that bad.
I don't think you are calculating the time required to gear up if you are going 14-0 every week.

This puts you two weeks behind the curve already and if you don't have time to do dailies you are just going to fall way way behind on the gear curve

not to mention it takes forever to hit the 470 if you aren't scoring drops because your only other options, outside of dailies, is constant justice runs to upgrade your heroic gear.

if you think 14-0 is ok what is the ratio you find acceptable? FYI you look to have had a much better result from your raiding
Drops and dailies aren't your only options for reaching 470 either; there are multiple bits of crafted gear available for every spec.
12/04/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Kugkug
if you think 14-0 is ok what is the ratio you find acceptable? FYI you look to have had a much better result from your raiding
Everyone who's raided for an expac or two has seen those kind of bad luck streaks.
0-14 is acceptable, I've gone at least over 50 bosses without loot a few times.
12/04/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Postonforums
0-14 is acceptable, I've gone at least over 50 bosses without loot a few times

Im going to have to call bs on that, seeing the offspec tier you got going on there
0-14 is acceptable, I've gone at least over 50 bosses without loot a few times

Im going to have to call bs on that, seeing the offspec tier you got going on there

You do realise that people raided in previous expacs don't you?

E: Well your armoury would suggest you know that, so why say something so stupid?
I don't think you are calculating the time required to gear up if you are going 14-0 every week.

This puts you two weeks behind the curve already and if you don't have time to do dailies you are just going to fall way way behind on the gear curve

not to mention it takes forever to hit the 470 if you aren't scoring drops because your only other options, outside of dailies, is constant justice runs to upgrade your heroic gear.

What do you need LFR gear for? Just to get to 470?
Darkmoon trinket, sha of anger boots, PVP gear (like what you did) and BoE pieces off AH.

I find the current rate plenty acceptable. I have had much better results because I kill way more than you each week. Dont be dumb.
12/04/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Nixilaas

I've raided every tier in this game, I've seen streaks both ways.
Did the people who post these threads win every week in Dragon Soul LFR?

Did they get gear every week in norm modes?

I sure didn't, it took me something like 13 weeks of LFR and norm mode to get geared fully in LFR/Norm gear in Cata. I've only won one necklace in Norm mode MSV this tier so far. Gearing can take more than a couple weeks, sorry.
Ok, so everyone is saying that it takes more than a couple of weeks to gear out. With that being UNDERSTOOD mists has been out since September. I have won hardly anything from LFR on multiple toons. Yes, I understand that there are chances of running a dry spell, but this whole game rolling for you is garbage. Even with the extra rolls that you get each week. You have to count them as well guys *winks* Nothing, a big fat zero. Just another bag and some chump 25g count inside. That doesn't even make up from going into the raid and spending all that time. Just for 75g I mean come on. I bet that all the people on here who are not even questioning the loot system are the people who have been winning. Cause if you hadn't been guess what, you'd agree. I don't like it. I don't win. I liked the old system where I was in control of my own rolls.
12/05/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Kitshicker
Ok, so everyone is saying that it takes more than a couple of weeks to gear out. With that being UNDERSTOOD mists has been out since September. I have won hardly anything from LFR on multiple toons. Yes, I understand that there are chances of running a dry spell, but this whole game rolling for you is garbage. Even with the extra rolls that you get each week. You have to count them as well guys *winks* Nothing, a big fat zero. Just another bag and some chump 25g count inside. That doesn't even make up from going into the raid and spending all that time. Just for 75g I mean come on. I bet that all the people on here who are not even questioning the loot system are the people who have been winning. Cause if you hadn't been guess what, you'd agree. I don't like it. I don't win. I liked the old system where I was in control of my own rolls.

It's been what, 5 lockouts, and you arent BIS yet
I liked the old system where I was in control of my own rolls.

Are you not in control of when you spend a coin? Does some demonic spirit possess you?
12/04/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Kugkug

12/04/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Kugkug
Also some of you have to realize that some players, like me, really have no choice to raid normal/heroic modes due to RL scheduling issues and other conflicts.

How can you / why would it matter if you "fall behind on the gear curve" when all you are doing is lfr?

How were you in control of your own rolls before? First the game had to decide to drop an item you want, then the game assigned you a random number, then the game assigned everyone else who wanted the item a random number. If you had the highest random number you won, congratulations.
Now you get a random number, if the number is above X you win loot and the game randomly assigns something potentially useful. Then if you want another shot you can have it by using a coin (the only control available in either situation).

As to the OP adding a stacking buff changes the effective drop rate of gear which in order for Blizzard to maintain the same acquisition rate would mean reducing the starting chance for gear, this then leads to an increase in the average time between gear drops, it also has the potential of creating additional scenarios of unhappiness where you get gear which is then directly reducing your ability to get the piece you want off of the next boss. Far better for the RNG to be static so that events remain independent. The extreme of this is people attempting to game the system on drops.
As to the OP adding a stacking buff changes the effective drop rate of gear which in order for Blizzard to maintain the same acquisition rate would mean reducing the starting chance for gear, this then leads to an increase in the average time between gear drops, it also has the potential of creating additional scenarios of unhappiness where you get gear which is then directly reducing your ability to get the piece you want off of the next boss. Far better for the RNG to be static so that events remain independent. The extreme of this is people attempting to game the system on drops.

Ya, I was thinking this, the entire give an inch, take a mile applies so much to the LFR pure crowd, as they'd cry if they won a ring or something, but wanted a weapon (This sounds completely ridiculous, but that's what we thought about loot appearing bags for afking 2 years ago)
I liked the old system where I was in control of my own rolls.

Old system
Click on a pretty dice icon and the computer calculates if you would get the item.

New system
You skip the pretty dice icon step and the computer calculates if you would get an item.

Yes, that's control.