One last question

New Player Help and Guides
Ok im like super sorry I know i already made 2 other "threads" today I just wanted to kno something. approx how long does it take for a new player to get from 1-90??? I really want to kill that big dragon I saw on the xpansion box, thanks in advance for the help ttyl
That big dragon is Deathwing, and while you can technically kill him at level 85 you probably won't. That's old content so not many people run those raids anymore.

How long it takes you to level is up to your playstyle. Everyone is different and there isn't a magic formula for figuring out how long you'll take.
I will be playing about 4 hrs a day and plan to do mostly quests that have you kill monsters if that helps, also what do you mean old content?
12/05/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Cowpunhere
I will be playing about 4 hrs a day and plan to do mostly quests that have you kill monsters if that helps, also what do you mean old content?

"Old content" means it is from the last expansion, not the current one. So most people will just skip over it on their way to level 90 and Mists of Pandaria. The Dragon Deathwing you are talking about was the final boss of the Cataclysm expansion just before Mists of Pandaria came out.
12/05/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Cowpunhere

Like I said before, there is no way to predict how long it will take you to level. No formula. No magic 8-ball, no nothing. Just play the game.

Old content means it's from a past expansion. Cataclysm is old. Mists of Pandaria is new. People at level 90 aren't doing the level 85 raids - they're doing the level 90 raids. You can try to get a group together (which requires getting geared for it, since Deathwing wasn't a walk in the park) but don't set your heart on it.
12/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Icedragon
People at level 90 aren't doing the level 85 raids - they're doing the level 90 raids.

And people rush through 85 to get to 90 to do the 90 raids.

Sort of sad.

There are reasons to run old content (transmog, guild events, etc.), but it will be a challenge to find the right group of people at the right time. Not impossible, just challenging.
If you have questions about the game it's fine for you to ask them here. You can even ask a ton of questions in one thread that way it doesn't clutter up the forum.

This question is just very difficult to answer because everyone goes at their own pace.
Everyone is different, for example: I took quiet a while to level up on my Death Knight, though it only took me a few weeks to get my Mage to 83. If depends on your level of dedication, and what you do during the time you play. As for my Death Knight, I spend a lot of my time socializing with my Guild, and helping lower leveled players (I actually enjoy old Dungeons). But with my Mage, I rushed through to get to level 80, then took my time doing Cataclysm content (I loved Uldum). And personally, I find one of the most fun things to do in WoW is to take your time through the content and appreciate how much effort has gone into it.

So take your time, and enjoy it. Level 90 is not all that it is cracked up to be.
You're on a high population server. I'm sure when you hit 85+ there will still be people running DS, for transmog and stuff. DS is the raid where you go to defeat the big dragon you're talking about.