Touch of karma in raiding

Monk
I recently switched to using my WW spec during raiding from MW. My DPS is very good right now, but I never experimented with touch of karma, and I haven't been able to get a good feel for how well it works against raid bosses. Is this a good skill to pop during heavy damage portions of a fight? Does anyone know the specifics of using this ability to its full potential?
whenever raid dmg is high, pop it, if the fight doesnt have high raid dmg, then try to find something to hurt yourself when you pop it for extra dmg, but be careful.

exemples : Annihilation on Elegon, Crush on Garalon...
If you are looking for a good boss to use ToK on then Feng would be perfect, every single AoE ability he has is an ideal time to use it.
Saves lives man.

Use it.
Every boss has a proper place for it. Stone Guard is when there is an explosion, Feng on any of his AoE crap, Gara'jal is when you get voodoo doll, etc. It's 6 secs of personal immunity that reflects damage, so your healers will like you.
I use it to stay in the fire and not die.
Thanks for the input. This is what I assumed. My guild just hasn't been running logs the past couple weeks since I switched and I wasn't able to analyze it properly yet. It does cost 2 chi and a GCD so it would be a DPS loss if used improperly.
Dead DPS does no DPS. There are a lot of fights with some serious raid damage this tier. Just make sure you're watching timers or looking at your debuffs as appropriate and reflect what you can.

I sync mine with fortifying brew for max reflects :)
12/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Karuzo
Every boss has a proper place for it. Stone Guard is when there is an explosion, Feng on any of his AoE crap, Gara'jal is when you get voodoo doll, etc. It's 6 secs of personal immunity that reflects damage, so your healers will like you.

It's not personal immunity it only refects dmg up to your health pool.

Becareful using it on Feng during the first phase depending on your hp he'll blast threw it, if you/re chain popping ToK's on cd during feng make sure its up prior to 3rd phase.
12/06/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Vex
I sync mine with fortifying brew for max reflects :)

Smart lol I know alot of people that don't.
The uses for this ability is endless!

Chains/explosions on stoneguard.
Fire/arcane aoe on feng.
Garajal voodoo dolls, especially during soft enrage
S.kings for pretty much everything, including the crazy debuff during meng.
Elegon on explosions
Add fixates on will, taking spark on heroic.

Force and verve (or even attenuation if you're bad at dancing) on vizier.
stacking strike thing on blade lord; last phase aoe damage
crush/pheramone damage on garalon
rain of knives on wind lord
probably something clever on amber shaper
dissonance fields on empress (not sure about its interaction with the final phase damage)

protectors: can't really think on this one. Maybe elite mode aoe thing on last boss
tsulong stacks :3
lei shi ads/stacks
sha death blossom, breath