Mend Pet macro question

Hunter
I want to create a macro that binds mend pet to one of my shots, either arcane or explosive (I want it to be an instant cast shot that I use frequently and has a low cd) and am having problems getting it to work. Is it possible to bind mend pet to one of my shots and if so, can anyone help me out with a working macro?
You can't do so due to the global cooldown that is triggered by the spells you want to macro.
Damn. I had suspected something like that was happening. Is there a way around it, or should I just give up on the idea?
Not possible. I doubt you need to heal your pet every second too.
It was more for boss fights in old raids.

Thanks for the info.
Even worse, mend pet has 1.5 seconds GCD T_T

[Edited for typos]
use a /castsequence macro. wont be instant but you'll hit the button twice to get the 2 casts in and it resets.
Farm yourself 2 piece Tier 5. It's pretty nice.
use a /castsequence macro. wont be instant but you'll hit the button twice to get the 2 casts in and it resets.

I had thought about using a cast sequence macro, but I don't have much experience using them so I'm not sure of the exact syntax.

@Mezasu Thanks for reminding me about the t5 set bonus! I hadn't even though about that approach.
to do a castsequence, use the ? as your icon. it will show the spell being used next in the sequence.
here's an example of one of mine - it's kill command then bestial wrath:

/castsequence reset=1 Kill Command, bestial Wrath

the 1 in the line represents the seconds u have to hit the key before it resets. you can change this from 1 to 9. as soon as you hit it the 2nd time, it resets back to the first. you can also make it to do more than 2... just add a comma, space, then the name of the skill for each one to push.
FYI, if you have trouble with macro syntax, macroexplain.com works wonders