Blizzard there is a huge problem please fix

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
should also fix the bug that makes us unable to WoG ourself's if our target is los
12/05/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Valtýrael
should also fix the bug that makes us unable to WoG ourself's if our target is los

This.
Yeah the WoG bug is pretty depressing.... and the pvp power healing nerf really hurt us.... but what else is new? I mean for 90% of this games lifespan, Ret Pallys have been underdogs accept in the first half of WOTLK... no wonder that was my favorite expansion.... I just dont understand why paladins (Ret particularly) are always behind the curve when measured against every other melee class? I mean why doesnt it say at the character creation screen "If you want to do any meaningful and competitive PvP in this game, thou must roll holy...Prot and Ret is not designed for this area of the game". At least there would be a warning.
Other than one short lived shockadin experiment one night in Vegas... I'll never go holy. Which is probably why my lock, warrior, and mage alts are getting ahead of my pally main in levels and gear... =/
Ret needs more cc. The damage is ok I generally do more damage then the warrior I run with but his burst and control are far better than mine. As for pve ret is very gear dependent, I started off the expansion closer to the bottom of the charts, now I'm in the top 5 nearly every fight.

I think divine shield should be taken away from rets and us given more damage and cc, blizzard has felt for the last few expansions its hard to work around ret because apparently it's an overpowered ability.
12/05/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Midknightsun
thou must roll holy...Prot and Ret is not designed for this area of the game"

lol, fair warning system.
Well, if you think about that.. Items have stats budget and classes have this kind of budget too. Ret is like PvP weapon in PvE environment of previous expansions. That support/off-heal aspect takes away from everything else. And that's my problem actually because I keep forgetting it and play like a warrior. That's why I level a warrior now to taste the difference.

12/05/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Yarnicus
I think divine shield should be taken away from rets and us given more damage and cc, blizzard has felt for the last few expansions its hard to work around ret because apparently it's an overpowered ability.

Actually I think that would be a great idea. This Divine Shield is no more than a joke everyone else laughs at. Make it a holy specific spell and give ret some utility instead.
Well at least there is some discussion, not a blizzard hate/ whine thread, there really is something wrong and unfortunately the developers aren't paying attention. I guess if you say you are doing something wrong if the Tank out DPS's you, you have never been in a 25 man raid, it seems to be common. To give you an idea how bad the designers have gotten this DPS thing there was a time where holy pallies out DPSed the ret.

To be a fun game there has to be a better chance for skill to play a factor and not how much time you have to spend grinding for gear or getting the exact timing of the Inq. Wow population in the US is in trouble, servers are dying left and right, except in asia so something is wrong.

If I were building a raid group I would have no room for a ret paladin, we are back to the days of first expansion were Ret was not worth a selection at all. Ret was good in LK so why did they change it?

There is no way the Ghostcrawlers of the world would be able to explain the nerfing of the Ret paladin,, it just wouldn't hold up to the evidence. They just need to make the class healers only, just like the days of the first expansion, that way all of us that play Ret could just leave and not hope.
1 unenchanted item
4 empty sockets
NO reforges
No understanding of hit/exp cap
No progress on any raid outside of LFR, since firelands
0-0 win loss ratio on your 2's team

The problem here is entirely L2P.

12/05/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Chyron
If I were building a raid group I would have no room for a ret paladin

Oh really? I love this, considering you have zero experience with that character in any raid outside LFR.
Nothing to see here folks.
Hey Agincourt, I saw you in a BG last night, Eye of Storm I believe..... I dont know what your complaining about you did pretty good, went 7 and 2 or something like that, and your team steamrolled us, although I think I did kill you once :)

Thanks but everyone here thinks I'm chit. I'll guarantee no one in the BG worked harder than me to get those 7 kills.

Moan, moan, moan.
If you stop trying to beat rocks with scissors you wouldn't have to work so hard and would probably be much more useful to your team.
Oh really? I love this, considering you have zero experience with that character in any raid outside LFR.

It's not like you have anything to gloat about... But back on topic, he does have a point. Ret paladins really don't bring much to the table when it comes to raiding. With the same skill level and gear you could do 10-15k more damage with a DK or a Warrior.

But that being said, a greater skilled ret will still do just fine on the meters. I have no worries of ever being sat due to lack of DPS, and we have 4 DPS DK's and 3 Warriors for me to compete against.
12/06/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Rùne
Ret paladins really don't bring much to the table when it comes to raiding.

You're not using the full potential of Retribution if you believe this.
[quote]It's not like you have anything to gloat about...

Maybe I haven't cleared MSV Heroic, but I have at least cleared it on normal.
As opposed to this guy who hasn't even set foot in the place yet comes here making (false) sweeping generalizations on the class based on his own faults.
What in the world are you talking about? There is a lot more to raiding than DPS even for a DPS spec, and in that regard, ret brings WAY MORE than either a DPS warrior or a DPS DK.

Well lets see, how many fights in MSV required you to have 1 or more rets? Zero.
Now how many required 1 or more dks? At least 2 early on. Will and Feng.

Now rets bring Devotion Aura which is 20% magic damage, which a holy and prot paladin also bring. Not to mention how many things this doesn't even work on, especially in HoF.

We bring Hand of Sacrifice which once again a holy and prot also have, but these are probably our most used tools at the moment.

Then we have lay on hands, which yeah you get my point by now....

Now what do warriors have you ask? 20% health to the entire raid, which doesn't just affect magic damage. Then you have demoralizing banner which reduces all damage by 10%, which once again you guessed it isn't just magic damage.

Now final point, with how tightly tuned a lot of the enrages are in most heroics, DPS DOES matter. Especially with how far ahead warriors are starting to pull.

TLDR: Ret brings nothing that Holy and Prot paladins dont bring. Warriors do it just as well and better on physical damage fights. Tight enrages=DPS matters.

It's not like you have anything to gloat about...

There's more to being competent with a class/spec than progression and ratings since you can be carried through pretty much anything. I'm a hardcore raider at heart, but my current circumstances prevent me from truly raiding as I would like to; doesn't make me any less knowledgeable about the spec or competent in my performance.

Also, according to your own admissions, L2utility.
12/06/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

You didn't even bother to read my post did you?
12/06/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Rùne

You didn't even bother to read my post did you?

Your second post sneaked in while I was typing mine.

But, to address that second post, if you honestly feel that Warriors do it better, why the hell are you still on a Paladin?
I enjoy playing my paladin more, I do have my warrior alt that I'm slowly gear tho.

I'm not saying rets are OMGSKYISFALLING bad, just that warriors have it better right now.
I honestly can't stand Warriors right now; they're as mindlessly faceroll as we were in Wrath. And to claim they bring better group utility, so Ret's are less desirable given the presence of a Prot and/or Holy, is laughable because our Hand spells are incredibly powerful tools - and the more Paladins you have, the more Hands there are to go around, especially with Clemency.