Is there anything you regret in wow?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 19 Next
A level 5 once /duel'd my hunter.

I placed an explosive trap down and when he stepped on it, he died rather than just going to 1hp and losing the duel.

I regret the coke that blew out of my nose and all over the keyboard and screen.
12/05/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Eliil
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

Been a couple dungeons where I had rage quit when I was learning to tank. It was such an awful experience at the time because Cata just came out and that is when I just started to play WoW. Luckily I had friends to teach me things.
A level 5 once /duel'd my hunter.

I placed an explosive trap down and when he stepped on it, he died rather than just going to 1hp and losing the duel.

I regret the coke that blew out of my nose and all over the keyboard and screen.

Thanks for reminding me of the buddy (and former roommate) I got killed via dueling. The funny part...he was killed by a wolpertinger (the invisible ones in brewfest).

But I don't regret that at all. He was talking smack about how good he was, so I dueled him to shut him up. Needless to say, I succeeded.
selling Recipe: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops for 10k gold

I was pretty desperate for gold at the time, but it's an irreplaceable item.
Still playing. Few friends left keep pulling me back in with the hope that I can play again with them like the old times when I had far more fun in the game. Now due to my schedule I have gone a whole month not being able to play with them and in the mean time any content that is at my level is far harder to get into a PuG let alone fine one than it was back in WotLK and early Cata, leaving me quite bored with all the "accessible" content.
I feel regret whenever I type /played on my main.

But then it scrolls off the screen and I start having fun again :D
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.
Benediction, I want you back. I'm so sorry I just threw you into the twisting nether.
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.

Same, All the good looking loot I threw away before transmog...

/sulk
I regret not raiding Ulduar when it was current content. I decided to take a hard break from the game and came back to kill the Lich King.
The worst part is that I had the time to raid, but had picked up another hobby since I'd been playing WoW nonstop since 1.11.
There was sooo much gear I deleted to make bank space.
I regret being that nub who rolled a lock first. Everyone was all 'You were born to priest' but I decided warlock seemed interesting.
Its either between trashing tier sets, or other cool epics like before transmog.

OR

Spending too much time on alts instead of my main.
I regret giving up my original account to a friend, it has all my original launch toons, their achievements and history. I still have an attachment to some of those toons, as my fondest times in the game were on them.

Edit: I'd not ask for the account back now as I gave it up 5-month into WotLK, it'd not be fair to the person that has it now.
12/05/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Zun
not making a warrior in vanilla.

Couple more things that I regret:

Moving to PvP server once I realized that the friends who invited me to play with them did not actually play, and letting toxic people ruin my enjoyment of the game instead of simply ignoring them.
I just honestly regret not hearing about World of Warcraft. I didn't find out about the game until the ending of 2008 and finally upgraded my trial account into a regular account April 2009. So much cool things I have missed :(
I regret not getting effin' Frostfire Shoulders back in Naxx 40.
I regret deleting my very first character - level 25 NE Hunter.

I remember her name, but not the server because I had never played an MMO and didn't know there were different servers - just picked the first "New Players" on the list because hey! I was a new player.

So when I was going to play with my friends, I couldn't "see" them because I was on a different server.

I rolled another hunter on their server but didn't know I could have "two" so I deleted my first one.

What I wouldn't give to have that very first nooby character back :D
12/05/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Lasagna

Benediction, I want you back. I'm so sorry I just threw you into the twisting nether.

Ok.