5.2 Appreciation: Finally getting Monk Love

Monk
Ghostcrawler: "Monks are likely the class that needs the most work right now. Mistweavers have been difficult to balance, work on that is still ongoing. Healing and DPS Monks are also underrepresented in PvP."

edit 12/8/2012: Tom Chilton: "Discipline Priests and Monks will be buffed somewhat to bring them up to par. We should expect to see those changes on the Patch 5.2 PTR soon."

this seems positive to me given the explosion of complaints about all the recently (crazy) changes.
I appreciate Ghostcrawls' and Blizz's acknowledgement.

/happydance :)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3043-World-First-Pandaria-Raider-Dev-Interviews-Patch-5-1-Hotfixes-Blue-Posts-Comic
Good to hear. That's better than nothing.
I am feeling happy now =)
Were did you hear that form? Its Great to hear! THANKS for shareing. Be nice if a blue posted that here on the monk Forums.
12/05/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Laughingbëar
Were did you hear that form? Its Great to hear! THANKS for shareing. Be nice if a blue posted that here on the monk Forums.

I added the link to my OP
I dunno maybe its cuz my Monk is low i LOVE being a healer beating on things and just glyph target heal as the fight progresses :) the whole fight+heal is TOOOOONS of fun over HI im gonna stand here and just heal :)
i just hope the fix all healing nerfs to.
12/06/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Tingjahe
i just hope the fix all healing nerfs to.

me too. and I hope we wont feel so clunky, slow, and inefficient like 5.1 made us out to be
Finally something to believe in! lol *Hope rises*
:)

nuff said
He said they're underrepresented, not underpowered. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but I can say I doubt we'll see too many straight nerfs for a while.
Obviously he's implying changes for the better to make more players want to play the class.
Wow this is awesome
I would like balanced play, not the over poweredness that we did have pre nerf bat. Maybe some buffs that we can bring to the table like other healing classes as well, that would be lovely. We shall see though :)
12/06/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kavilyndra
I would like balanced play, not the over poweredness that we did have pre nerf bat. Maybe some buffs that we can bring to the table like other healing classes as well, that would be lovely. We shall see though :)

It's impossible to "balance" monks because of how they function in 10s vs 25s. It also means we're going to be broken for 6 more weeks till 5.2.
[quote="73203336907"]It's impossible to "balance" monks because of how they function in 10s vs 25s. It also means we're going to be broken for 6 more weeks till 5.2.[/quote

I don't think so first off they would need to change uplift to heal x amount of low health party or raid members instead of only targets with RM. Then they would need to do the same with chi blast and SCK.
Mastery would have to be fixed as well so no healing spheres would go to waste, they would need to always drop under someones feet or move toward someone. This way dont matter if its 5 man or 40 all healing spheres get used.
Only down side to this is monks would start to look like all other healing classes and i do like how they are unique as im sure others do as well.
[quote]It's impossible to "balance" monks because of how they function in 10s vs 25s. It also means we're going to be broken for 6 more weeks till 5.2.[/quote

I don't think so first off they would need to change uplift to heal x amount of low health party or raid members instead of only targets with RM. Then they would need to do the same with chi blast and SCK.
Mastery would have to be fixed as well so no healing spheres would go to waste, they would need to always drop under someones feet or move toward someone. This way dont matter if its 5 man or 40 all healing spheres get used.
Only down side to this is monks would start to look like all other healing classes and i do like how they are unique as im sure others do as well.

if they change uplift, that's just bad. They need to do something to it, but not change it completely.

SCK is fine if not for the absurd mana cost.
Chi burst sucks in 10 man, good for 25s supposedly. If they change chi burst to be an aoe heal, that would make the ability not unique anymore.

If they made healing sphere not be a reticle spell, that'd help a lot.

And lose the ability to use it preemptively? No thanks. It isnt that hard to bind it the mouse, hover, then start dropping for uninterruptible, undispellable heals.

The only real disadvantage to the spell is it can't heal if the target isn't on the screen. A brief SooM can fix that real quick. Also, it doesn't generate Chi.

Mastery is great for PvP as well. Anybody that doesn't try to make their way to a Sphere while the Monk is CCed isn't playing correctly.
12/06/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Velvetremedy
And lose the ability to use it preemptively?

people used it preemptively? >>
12/06/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Velvetremedy

And lose the ability to use it preemptively? No thanks. It isnt that hard to bind it the mouse, hover, then start dropping for uninterruptible, undispellable heals.

The only real disadvantage to the spell is it can't heal if the target isn't on the screen. A brief SooM can fix that real quick. Also, it doesn't generate Chi.

Mastery is great for PvP as well. Anybody that doesn't try to make their way to a Sphere while the Monk is CCed isn't playing correctly.

As an observation : you seem to have no raid experience OR PVP experience, I don't think you are qualified to comment on these issues ;/

Mastery seems to have no practical application in PVP cause people get bursted way too fast and making your way towards a 50k orb isn't going to save you.