GC on 5.2

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I'm quoting MMO-champ's summary on GC's interview with All Things Azeroth podcast:

A rough idea of how long patches will take: 2 months for a content patch and 4 months for a patch with a new raid and PvP season. This is just a rough target, as there are many factors involved in determining when players are ready and the content is ready.

Patch 5.2 will add some new architecture, geography, and a new story. A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar. There will also be more daily quests!

Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks. Rogue talents were mentioned as something that needs to be looked at.

Raids may not see progressive nerfs this time around, as there are multiple difficulties and catch up mechanisms. It is likely that raids will not get any easier until at least Patch 5.2.

Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch.

One idea being considered is not allowing upgrades of Patch 5.2 gear until Patch 5.3.
What was your point again?
I'm just making it so that lazy folks don't have to go to MMO-champ, but really, someone is going to make a thread on the fact they plan on making an Ulduar style raid.
how come games that dont charge a monthly fee like GW2 do huge free content updates every month?

Patch 5.2 will add some new architecture, geography, and a new story. A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar. There will also be more daily quests!

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Hi
12/05/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Sonicwhip
how come games that dont charge a monthly fee like GW2 do huge free content updates every month?

/facepalm
Hi

Now THIS is what I've been wanting to hearing about for raid contents in a long time. I really had major distaste with how small 2nd and 3rd tier was in Cata. But trying to get a path with where Ulduar is at, it makes me one happy player to hear the news.

If its 3 seperate tiers like tier 1, its understandable...but 2nd and 3rd, it makes no sense whatsoever. Thanks blizz!
A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar.

Now THIS is what I've been wanting to hearing about for raid contents in a long time.

Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.

Now THIS is what I've been wanting to hearing about for raid contents in a long time.

Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.

Illidan is right...I AM NOT PREPARED!!!!

But trying to get a path with where Ulduar is at

Not saying it would be ulduar level, but definitely a path. Still a try that I really appreciate. :)
Quality similar to Ulduar so are you saying that every raid since Ulduar hasnt been as good?

Or why are you referencing a raid from years ago?

Lol.
Oh look...more dailies i wont be doing. How is it that they think dailies are the answer to faster content?
12/05/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Goldobank
Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch.

Wha Wha WHAT?!

1. They are valuable dont make em worse
2. I thought farming them was the point? Also we unintentionally hoard heaps when doing dailies for rep!
I hope they are correct, Ulduar was the high point of the game.
OMG! MORE dailies!!!!!!!!!! *fainted*
12/05/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Explodator
I hope they are correct, Ulduar was the high point of the game.

Replicating that feeling is impossible. Least in my opinion. Given this player base it won't match anyones expectations
12/05/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Goldobank
There will also be more daily quests!

:|