90's ganking.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."

The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

Call in some friends or guild mates to help kill that 90. Either way, while it pisses you off getting killed by them it makes you want to max out your lvls and kill them back. If you are an under geared 90 its just about the same thing, you want to go and gear yourself better so you can whoop the next guy who tries it on you. This is the way PVP servers have been since the start of wow.
If you think this isnt fair or it bothers you so much you could always make a toon on or xfer to a pve type server and have no problems like this unless you type /pvp and flag yourself.
then dont roll on a pvp server same crying going on omg i cant lvl my toon im getting killed to much, pvp is all out war if its red its dead regaurdless of lvl stop trying to change what it is cause blizz will never change it go join a pve server if u dont want to get camped all the time then when u hit 90 transfer to pvp then go gank the little guy cause i know you will i see threw you all,
It is a PVP realm... Then a 84 attacks a 60 :) we all been through it!
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."
The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

Hire some bodyguards.
[quote]

Protect yourself, have a main near the area where you are questing. Ask in general, guild, friends, etc. You have options, and if you feel being able to be immune to pvp unless you want to fight, your best option is get off the pvp server.

You can't. You quest on an alt, get ganked. Run back, get ganked again, get camped. Login to your level 90, and bam, you're not on the same server as your alt or the guy who ganked you. Used t be you could ask for help or bring your main for revenge. But not with crz. There is no recourse, but to log out. Congratulations, Blizzard. CRZ is their recourse to avoid merging servers, but it will force them to merge servers when all the pvp servers are empty, with a couple dozen 90s standing around waiting, with no one to gank.
i love seeing lowbie hordes in outlands doing there daily and 1 shot them, joys of not being on a pvp realm i can choice when i want to pvp :-) but ya if i see a lowbie horde and hes flagged yes ill kill him
12/06/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Ilikepurple
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.

Don't play on a PVP server if it bothers you that much?

12/06/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Hacksign
PVP happened on a pvp server. :C
yep so dont be upset if u die over and over and over if your on a pvp realm its sadly your fault you keep dieing
12/06/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Zanzabarr
Lol. If only people could complain that much. It's fairly obvious Blizz doesn't mind complete and total ganking.

So this is seriously what you all hope to accomplish with all this QQ about being killed by people who are higher lvl... you really think you'll get your server turned into a PvE server?

I know that Blizzard tends to give into the whiners, but I believe that you won't ever get that to happen.

PvP servers were meant to be hard... a challenge...

the only people who choose a PvP server are the ones who don't mind being killed by enemy players that are much stronger and better geared... PvE servers are for choice on who you pvp with.
My first character was a holy priest in vanilla on PvP realm.

There was no dual spec, I was just a healer in a strange land (stranglethorn) where rogues were EVERYWHERE.

Made for good times. I lived more in spirit than in body.

Comes with the territory of PvP realm really. I kind of miss it now.
12/06/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Kareese
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.

Well, I do feel bad for the OP. Kids today confuse ganking with PvP. I applaud games with true PvP credentials that put in mechanics that keep PvP between players of close level. WoW, is embarrassingly unimaginative in this regard.

Many people join PvP servers for the challenge and thrill of world combat. Not to cruise around low level areas and cherry pick lowbies, or spend 15 minutes being corpse camped by a 90.

All that being said, I agree with you, sans-snark. PvE realms are a better choice if you want to enjoy the game. If you ever get the itch to PvP, play another game that has a clue on what PvP is about.
12/06/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Shadowsitter
It's called finding a new zone/place to level. That or find a pve server, maybe thats more suited towards your needs.

This, please. Too many wet-napkins on PvP Servers now.
Nickelodeon was the best in the 90's..
12/06/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Lìonheart
Any ideas anyone?
reroll on a pve server because pvp isn't for you.
yes this is true an on on a pve server an i defend the pvp realm alot cause i love pvp just not ready to try it just yet

12/06/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Ardalene
It's called finding a new zone/place to level. That or find a pve server, maybe thats more suited towards your needs.

This, please. Too many wet-napkins on PvP Servers now.

yes this is true an im on a pve server an i defend the pvp realm alot cause i love pvp just not ready to try it just yet
STV and Tauren Mill. Best places ever. Once upon a time, that is.

Edit: South Shore
test